Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings and Scheduling

Thought It would be good to start a thread to discuss ratings and schedule changes. Didn't see one so sorry if we already have one....

Anyway; figured Inwould give a heads up. Looks like NBC is pulling Powerless from the schedule and adding a rerun of Superstore. http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/04/powerless-pulled-from-schedule-by-nbc.html?m=1

The article says that the new episode of Superstore will be at 8:30/7:30 central. My DVR is still listing it for 8/7 though and still has Powerless recording. Thought I would give a heads up and warn people do they don't miss the new episode of Superstore.

Edited by MadyGirl1987
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

NBC really killed this show's ratings by moving it to Thursdays at 8:00. It was doing great on Mondays, so why use it as cannon fodder for The Big Bang Theory?

1 hour ago, possibilities said:

American Ferrera was on Colbert's show last night, and she said the show is renewed for another season.

It's Powerless that has been pulled. Superstore 's schedule has just been changed because of it, so the new episode is on a half-hour later with a repeat of Superstore behind it.

• Love 1
On 4/26/2017 at 2:22 PM, Kip Hackman said:

NBC really killed this show's ratings by moving it to Thursdays at 8:00. It was doing great on Mondays, so why use it as cannon fodder for The Big Bang Theory?

If it's a full season it can't be on Mondays because of The Voice.

(edited)

I get that, but NBC could've put their 1-hr comedy block on another night. Even Sunday could've worked. As long as TBBT is still on, Thursdays at 8:00 is where NBC sitcoms go to die.

I know NBC is happy with the numbers Superstore is getting, and the show isn't in danger. But it could've been much bigger.

Edited by Kip Hackman

I haven't seen enough of the other networks' schedules to know for sure, but this looks like a good move to me. Pairing it with The Good Place makes sense and getting it away from ABC's Thursday nights is also smart. I like this show enough that I was planning on following it wherever it landed, but I don't think this is a bad move.

• Love 1

Airing at 9:00 after The Voice should help ratings, but there's a chance this move might not be permanent:

On Thursday, NBC is thinking about moving the Tuesday comedy block to Thursday 8-9 PM after the end of Will & Grace‘s 12-episode run (unless it’s extended) to launch a new drama behind The Tuesday Voice in midseason.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/nbc-fall-schedule-2017-upfronts-new-shows-this-is-us-the-blacklist-will-grace-rise-1202093073/

5 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

Airing at 9:00 after The Voice should help ratings, but there's a chance this move might not be permanent:

NBC needs comedies more than they need new dramas. Just like ABC needs dramas more than they need new comedies. Fox just needs a life vest and CBS needs a fresh batch of shows that appeals to a younger crowd.

• Love 1

I think it's hilarious that they think This Is Us will make a good lead in for The Menendez Brothers. But I'm happy enough with leaving Superstore on Thursdays. Moving things around all over the schedule is never a good idea, even in the age of DVR and on demand. People need to be in the habit of watching or they forget, and when something doesn't show up when expected, it's easy to get distracted, or think it's been canceled.

I have cable but I always end up watching superstore on hulu.  Growing up in the 80's I loved family sitcoms. Until a recently the middle was the only current sitcom that I watched with my kids. Now on Saturday or Sunday we turn on hulu and watch superstore, the middle, Goldbergs and fresh off the boat. I would love to see NBC have a few more sitcoms. I don't care if they are new or reboots, I would assume sitcoms are cheaper to produce then dramas.

I guess I was vaguely aware of this, but...Superstore is often on at the same time as The Big Bang Theory.  Tonight (Apr 5) they both had new episodes.

I think most discriminating comedy fans prefer Superstore.  I don't dislike The Big Bank Theory the way many snobs do, and I recognize it is improved from its early seasons.  But Superstore is one of the best comedies on today, and TBBT isn't.  Unfortunately, they both probably hurt each other's ratings.

On 4/5/2018 at 9:25 PM, Roaster said:

I guess I was vaguely aware of this, but...Superstore is often on at the same time as The Big Bang Theory.  Tonight (Apr 5) they both had new episodes.

I think most discriminating comedy fans prefer Superstore.  I don't dislike The Big Bank Theory the way many snobs do, and I recognize it is improved from its early seasons.  But Superstore is one of the best comedies on today, and TBBT isn't.  Unfortunately, they both probably hurt each other's ratings.

You mean TBBT got worst from it’s early seasons...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Skyfall said:

I remember not liking TBBT when it was first on, but I occasionally check in on it, and I do think it is better now.  The addition of two female characters (the short blond one and the Blossom actress) has brought a lot to the show.

• Love 1
On 4/11/2018 at 8:37 AM, Skyfall said:

On 4/11/2018 at 10:56 AM, Roaster said:

I remember not liking TBBT when it was first on, but I occasionally check in on it, and I do think it is better now.  The addition of two female characters (the short blond one and the Blossom actress) has brought a lot to the show.

Weirdly I agree with you both! TBBT did some things better in earlier seasons (Penny and Sheldon were both more tolerable), but then the addition of Amy Farrah-Fowler and Bernadette did add some good stuff.

I mean, it's still problematic in a lot of ways, which is a shame because it could've been great. This pretty much sums up why.

Edited by pigs-in-space
  • Love 2

My issue is TBBT went from laughing with nerd jokes to not laughing at lazy, broad comedy. I ditched the show once Amy was horny all the time yet stayed with Sheldon even though she knew he wasn’t at a point to fulfill her needs like that.

• Love 1