Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Bag of Cobras

When it’s discovered that The Hollow has employed a mysterious servant to do its bidding, Klaus and Elijah host an elaborate party in order to lure the new threat out and uncover its identity. Feeling a sense of responsibility for The Hollow’s resurgence, Vincent uses his magic to help the Mikaelsons root out this latest threat. Meanwhile, after uncovering information about who may have been behind her parents’ death, Hayley turns to Freya to help unlock her memories from that fateful day.

Promo:

Decent episode... Elijah continues to get darker... Sofya really seems to care about Marcel... Enjoyed Freya and Vincent... Sad that he hates her cuz I liked them as a pairing... Not really romantically tho if it had gone there fine.. But just as two friends.. But thats been shot to shit... As usual don't really care what Hayley is up to this epi was no diff... And show when the hell are we gonna get our hope and Marcel reunion... I want the siblings to convene the family to be whole again... 

Oh, Vincent, why invite Elijah in just so you can explain the history of the hollow? Take a picture of your little murder board and then show it to him outside. You may live to regret inviting him in. Is there anything in the TVD-verse like the spell on BtVS that allows you to revoke an invitation? Or do you just have to put someone else's name on the deed?

I had to roll my eyes when Keelin and Freya made it seem like it was totally awkward for Hayley to show up. Sure, Hayley tracked down Keelin to get some bodily fluids, but Freya is the one who decided to keep her chained up for an indeterminate amount of time. I guess the combination of Stockholm syndrome and falling in looooooove means that Keelin is totally cool with Freya doing far worse than Hayley did.

I hate that Freya is now the witch ex machina just as Bonnie used to be. So now she can not only create a boundary circle (which I'm fine with)  but now she can also add a little addendum that no one outside of the Mikaelson blood line can see Marcel? FFS.

And remember how Bonnie used to have to say words to do spells? Apparently Freya can just hold out her hand to break a spell on a storage unit now.

As usual, Klaus is a judgey hypocrite. He referred to the guests at his party as freeloaders. Dude, YOU are the one who invited them so they aren't freeloading. Gawd. But you know that if they hadn't shown up, he would have called them rude and ungrateful. He's never happy with anyone no matter what they do. And somehow Klaus was fine with Freya and Hayley ditching his party so they could go on a magical mission? I have a hard time believing that he wouldn't insist on having his sister and his baby momma be there so that the whole family was represented at his (fake) truce celebration.

Going to a storage facility late at night is one of the creepiest things you can do. But telling someone you need to go through the contents alone is just asking to be attacked. And Freya is like cool, I'll just leave you hear in this dark and creepy storage place by yourself and go to the party! Hope the cell service here is decent so you can get a Lyft back after someone tries to murder you!

And then Freya is, what, jealous because she saw Keeling talking to other people at a party after being kidnapped and tied up for weeks? The nerve of that hussy!

5 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

Well, Elijah has insane chemistry with just about everybody!   ?

Everyone except ironically enough Haley. My opinion of course.

I did love Klaus' face when he walked in on Elijah ripping that guys heart out. Like "shouldn't we have talked about this?"

Im not feeling Freya and wolf girl. I fast forward them and Haley now. 

And I don't understand why they won't work WITH Marcel.  He has no love for the Hallow.

I'm still not feeling Freya and Keelin either but still willing to see if I change my mind. 

Klaus is such a pain in the ass but I find JM's portrayal riveting. Maybe I was reading too much into it but near the end when Sophia explained when and where she first saw him, what he did to her and her family, her hate for him, there was a flicker or something on Klaus' face that I read as ok, he may not exactly remember HER 500 years ago but he realized yet again that his past evil actions are never really forgotten, they just keep coming back to the surface to haunt not just him but to threaten his relationship with his child and her safety.

Vincent has chemistry with everything and everyone, I would prefer him and Freya NOT get horizontal (I love how much he hates the Mikaelsons) but strangely enough, would not mind at all if he and Elijah decided to take a chance on each other. As long as we get to watch every. single. minute. of it. :-)

More Josh, please. 

• Love 3

I take back my complaints about Freya's apparent Suddenly Sexual story line -- they're playing it as a no big deal thing, which is a really nice way to handle it.  Sort of like Josh: an interesting character who happens to be gay rather than a Gay Character.

When Hayley hugged her bear and pulled out a human jawbone I creeped out.  What weird parents, hiding THAT in their child's toy.  I guess she didn't play with it any more since it was in the storage locker but still, eww. 

Now that the Mikaelsons know that it's a necessary part of the Hollow's original witch body, the wise thing to do would be burn it, crush it to powder, and spread it all over the Caribbean.  Instead, they'll use it to set a trap to capture someone, which will go horribly wrong and result in Hollow!Witch getting reborn.  I'm actually a bit disappointed that the seasonal-villain is yet another witch.

10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I hate that Freya is now the witch ex machina

LOL, i thought the same thing when Hayley told Freya "I think this [i.e., search the storage locker] is something I need to do by myself."  In other words, thanks for helping me get in here, now fuck off.

1 hour ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

More Josh, please. 

Yes!  I love how much of a smart ass he is about his position in the pecking order.  He knows he's a newbie and that any of the  older vamps are going to constantly threaten him and he's "yeah, whatever with the threats, what do you want me to do?"

Plus Steven Krueger is smokin' hot.

14 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

And remember how Bonnie used to have to say words to do spells? Apparently Freya can just hold out her hand to break a spell on a storage unit now.

I took that as more of a brute force type of spell, like her just throwing her own (considerable) magic against it until it broke. I believe we're supposed to think of Freya as on par if not more powerful than Davina was when she had all the harvest girl's powers as well as her own. Freya's magic was so powerful that it was physically hurting her. Dahlia had to dampen it,  siphoning some of it off for herself, while she taught her how to control it. And even then, witch-Rebecca was terrified of how powerful she was before she woke up for her century nap.

But as for non-speaking spells, Freya isn't the first witch in this episode series to do wordless magic. And they've shown her chanting numerous times in order to do spells.

8 hours ago, doram said:

Klaus/Sophia did have chemistry and that made me uncomfortable. This would be the second woman that Klaus and his "son" have sex-shared. Enough with the creepy incesty vibes already. 

Nah, I get the feeling that Sophya's either going to bite it at the end of this season or she and Klaus will have an agreement at best.

Was I supposed to see something between Klaus and Sofya? Because I didn't. I still don't see any chemistry between Freya and Keelin either but at least they're letting them be friends first instead of just leaping towards each other and ripping each other's clothes off.

I knew that all of this "Klaus needs redemption so that he can be a good daddy to Hope" storyline was going to lead to Elijah suddenly becoming the one who is impulsively killing people to show strength while Klaus urges more discretion. It's like The Parent Trap but with brothers! They're swapping personalities but keeping the same bodies!

I find it hilarious that just a few episodes ago, someone told Klaus that he slaughtered his entire village and that's why he hated him and Klaus didn't so much as blink, but now that he's supposed to be all woobified, he looks sad and thoughtful when he find out that he killed Sofya's family 500 years ago.

Equally disturbing: prim and proper by the book Elijah who has been seen adjusting the silverware at dinner by millimeters is saying "between you and I."

I rolled my eyes when Freya apologized to Keelin and said that Elijah killing some guy wasn't what she expected when she invited Keeling to the party. Seriously, Freya? You've met your brothers before, right? When was the last time they threw (or even attended) a party that didn't involve murder or at least a violent fight? Or maybe she just meant that she didn't expect Elijah to kill anyone at the party because that's usually Klaus's party trick.

Are we seriously doing Harry Potter and Voldemort and the horcruxes?

(edited)

I've been calling Sofya 'creepy auction lady' with a complete inability to remember her name was ever mentioned so that's taken care of.

I adore how Marcel and Klaus can't have a scene together without accidental references to their similarities. Marcel took over the Mikaelson Compound for a century, but ransacking his (Lucien's) penthouse for a weapon crosses the line of class.

The interaction between Vincent and Elijah was well done, the dynamic and chemistry between them as reluctant allies, especially on Vincent's part was perfection being able to actually see Vincent's reluctance at every turn. I've finally become attached to Vincent watching his temporary truce with Elijah and Klaus. I'd have to argue Vincent hates Elijah far more than he does Klaus.

Was anyone else disappointed that Elijah, who helped build the city and rule it for 200 years had absolutely nothing to add to Vincent's research?

I don't know what to make of Elijah, it's not that he's dark because he always has been, he just seems incredibly off. I was completely convinced it wasn't Elijah tearing Marcel to shreds last episode but now it's more desperate hope than actual conviction. I get the concept of Elijah 'stepping up' by taking on the dirty work for Klaus, but despite expecting Elijah to fall short of Klaus' expertise Elijah just seems sloppy - the Elijah that's been shown since TVD is smarter than this or at the very least more logical (red door trauma aside.) Maybe his actions stem from the 5 years asleep. Elijah had dedicated his immortality to protecting his family and Klaus in particular, s3 seemed to be a lot of Elijah's mistakes coming back to haunt them between the trinity, the Stryx, sacrificing Davina and killing Marcel. After being bitten Elijah acknowledges that it was (at least in part) his own actions that caused the current situation.  Rebekah, Kol and Freya nearly died, Klaus spent 5 years tortured and in solitude, his niece grew up without her father and the woman he loves ended up alone against the Mikaelson enemies trying to raise her daughter while searching to cure the rest of them. Perhaps the weight of that failure and guilt lead to panic and desperation or something that could explain his actions.

Hayley was just irrelevant. The most interesting thing related to Hayley ended up being that her much loved teddy bear was in a storage unit. Not the hidden  bone - that they took their daughter's favored toy to do so.

Likewise Freya and Keelin's budding relationship felt like a waste of time neither noticeably progressing or relevant to anything else. Freya was hilarious saying Elijah's actions were unexpected, it was a fake party adertising a fake truce in order to identify the enemy, plus that Christmas party where she first met the siblings featured Kol being daggered. The talk with Vincent was perfection at least on Freya's part, I'm not sure what to do with Vincent's barb about Freya not having anyone else after he's stated the Hollow killed everyone he loved and had previously mentioned he was offered Regency because of his outsider status.

On 4/30/2017 at 5:16 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Are we seriously doing Harry Potter and Voldemort and the horcruxes?

Pretty sure that's exactly what's happening, with far less impressive security measures.

Edited by Sam Marie