Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast: Stunt Casting, Bickering Couples, Ditzy Girls, Alpha Males

• Start Topic

I noticed in the most recent episode thread we were starting to talk about the previous seasons, especially the previous all female teams. Here we can talk about the casting. Has it changed? Who were your favorites? Least favorites? Does anyone actually remember any of the cast of the season that shall not be named (family edition)?

Posting this here, just so that I can find it again easily when/if I need to:  http://amazingrace.wikia.com/wiki/Official_Winners

It's got links (including a team picture) for all of the teams from all of the seasons, so it's a handy resource when, for example, you can't remember who Meghan and Cheyne were. 

I can remember quite a few of the teams from Season 8 (the family edition).  I liked that season, although it definitely had a different vibe than the rest of the season -- not only because of the 4-person teams and the fact that some of the teams had kids, but also because they spent so much time in the U.S.

I started to watch the family edition, but I didn't like you had teams of all adults against teams with children. I know that kids can sometimes be a help due to their small size, but for the most part they were a hinderance and that was a bit of a problem to me. 

It seems, to me, that so much of the cast is made up of the token pretty people (who may or may not have skills) which means we aren't getting as good a race anymore. I like it when we get a lot of diversity in cast members and not just a bunch of pretty dating/married couples. 

• Love 1

Utterly loathed Snotty Boston Rob and   Abuse-Enabler Amber (at least the former was honest about not being a nice person) and actually wound up bailing the rest of that Season when they didn't EXPEL them for deliberately sabotaging oncamera other contestants. Still, I've hung onto the show overall thru some rather annoying contestants because I like the locales and travel!

• Love 1
(edited)

This is about each of the first 12 casts:  How about having all of the teams that were out first compete against each other?   I'm sure some of them could have been great racers.  (Specifically, I  remember Avi and Joe, the "New York Jews in Iceland." )

That's the kind of stunt casting I'd like.

Edited by gryphon
I mistakenly typed "stunk casting" first.
On 4/29/2014 at 12:29 PM, joanne3482 said:

I started to watch the family edition, but I didn't like you had teams of all adults against teams with children. I know that kids can sometimes be a help due to their small size, but for the most part they were a hinderance and that was a bit of a problem to me. 

It seems, to me, that so much of the cast is made up of the token pretty people (who may or may not have skills) which means we aren't getting as good a race anymore. I like it when we get a lot of diversity in cast members and not just a bunch of pretty dating/married couples. 

I'm watching season 9 and 10 together(kinda. My bf and I watch one season together, I watch one season solo) and season 10 was actually pretty diverse 

Spoiler

at least at the very start of the race; bad luck/racing got two diverse pairs eliminated in the first episode, through no fault of the Amazing Race.  

• Love 1

Dear CBS Reality People,

When will you finally understand that the entire world is not enchanted with Rupert?  Nor do we want to see him on our TV screens ever again. Ever.  In this lifetime or the next.

Thank you,

Limecoke

• Love 1

Luckily he was out first, and humiliatingly.

So CBS, what are the long term favorites.  The Goths, The Cowboys, Parent Child Teams, Team Kentucky.  Teams that are different.  No one remembers random pretty dating team.  Pull people from Kansas and from the inner city, more family teams (that aren't brothers) and can we have some lesbian teams.

• Love 1
On 6/12/2020 at 6:22 PM, morakot said:

We did have the lesbian ministers -- they didn't last long though.

There was Brandy and Carol, too, in the season with Miss Teen Catelyn(?) and her boyfriend.

• Love 1