Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: The Alert

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I'd be pissed too, if my kids brought me that.

I love Grace taking it out with her shoe (and then walking off on one heel).  Also, "Thank you, Bud.  It's completely unnecessary and I hate it, but thank you."

I love Wendie Malick; she could turn up on every show I watch and I'd be happy.  "Drinking straight from a bottle of Sour Pucker is not bartending."

I knew the proposed pictures were going to be altered all to hell, but I still laughed out loud when they were revealed.  Reality is, though, they already look younger than most women their age, and could successfully, from a marketing perspective, be the face of the product without all that crap -- they already fulfill the "target women of X age by using people X minus 10-15 years age" look, without going overboard. 

"We can't play a part in erasing the very women we made this for."  Yeah!  Do it on your own, ladies.

First Mallory ruins lunch with Brianna by trying to drag her kids along unannounced, and now she ruins dinner by being on her phone.  But her messing with Brianna about her hooker made up for it.

I'm more than a little tired, though, of everyone telling Brianna there's something wrong with her for not wanting to get married and have kids.  It was perfectly fine for Barry to leave upon realizing she didn't want the same things he did, but not okay to basically tell her she's defective for not wanting it.  Now the hooker is lecturing her.

First Wendie Malick, then Millicent Martin.  This was a good episode for guest stars.

"But she's been here since the beginning."
"Of time."

Get your own lunch, Bud, then you don't have to worry about anyone else eating it. 

So, if we ever have a topic for the characters, it will be called "Grace & Frankie: The Ben & Jerry of Vaginal Stimulation," right?

• Love 9

♥ Wendie Malick!

I thought Joan-Margaret was going to be played for laughs and a plot point, but that was a lovely scene she had with Sol at the end. I do feel bad for him that he wasn't emotionally prepared to retire yet. 

I'm more than a little tired, though, of everyone telling Brianna there's something wrong with her for not wanting to get married and have kids.  It was perfectly fine for Barry to leave upon realizing she didn't want the same things he did, but not okay to basically tell her she's defective for not wanting it.  Now the hooker is lecturing her.

Totally agree. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

I'm pretty sure you can't park tiny houses on streets.  Just sayin'....

And I'm getting the feeling they are going to try to drum something up between Mallory and Coyote again.

Yes, they telegraphed that.  I won't last but I expect them to explore their old relationship since she is separated. 

I generally find this show entertaining, due mostly to its spectacular cast. But this ep got all the eye rolls from me. For two women who have had so much real-life work done to stand up for "looking your age" ... with zero commentary on their own help, seems, at best, disingenuous. And the stuff about "dying rich" from two clearly already wealthy beyond most people's dreams women was groan-worthy. Real lack of self-awareness all around here, showrunners, writers and stars. 

• Love 2
On 3/25/2017 at 10:47 PM, Bastet said:

First Wendie Malick, then Millicent Martin.  This was a good episode for guest stars.

It was like a Frasier female cast reunion.  We had Marsha Mason previously too, who was also on Frasier.