Type keyword(s) to search

Shots Fired - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, wonderwoman said:

Not picked up for a second season.  Can't say I'm surprised. 

Mr either.  I wanted to like it but it was just too dumb.  Ashe, you didn't lose Kai because of Breeland -- you lost her because you have anger issues that you're still not dealing with.  Hey, Beck, thanks for pulling those reports out of your ass.  No deus ex machina there, no sirree!

• Love 3

Im so annoyed with the plot twists on the show - it was such an interesting premise - with such disappointing execution.  Too much soap, not enough reality.  NO WAY in hell would the new lawyer lady offer complete immunity to Breeland.  You don't just give away bargaining chips when someone has agreed to less of a deal.  SO DUMB.  And just to create drama.  

And of course the new legal team would need a tour of the town.  No way is a reasonable, professional response to follow that up with the question: "so you want us to be your chauffeur?". 

Jeebus this whole episode was full of dumb.  No way would Ashe have been praised for that move with the Cox CEO.  Feds dont like loose cannons, and that was risky, dumb, and will totally backfire in terms of getting any justice for Joey's murder. It blew her credibility in the department and the town, and seriously jeopardized the other investigation. Ugh.  

Im watching the finale because damn it Im invested already, but I will be happy to be done with this show.  

I'm glad shows like this get to air on network tv, but why cant they get smarter, better, writers? 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, fib said:

I'm glad shows like this get to air on network tv, but why cant they get smarter, better, writers? 

Like Grimm or Once Upon a Time????  Sorry! 

This was hopelessly padded -- the whole "Governor's Education Initiative" was a massive case of Who Cares time-waster.  Once they knew Cox was involved, it shouldn't have taken them 27 episodes (what it feels like) to have him in jail.

What's worse is that every time a show like this fails, it makes it harder for Black leads to get a show, even though Sanaa and Stephan acted the hell out of the tripe they were handed.

• Love 1

I liked it more than I expected to. It was amazingly good for a show on Fox. They raised issues that don't get raised enough in mainstream media, in a more complex way than is usually done when anyone does make a passing attempt. Yes, it was flawed. But I thought it was worthwhile despite its imperfections.

I suspect the network forced the BS "personal life and romantic moments" crap into the show. It seems to be required for anything that airs, I guess because they think no one will watch without it.

• Love 3

I think the finale made the show more worth while, which maybe is the point of a finale? Though there were some definite misses with the personal stuff... though I suppose if Ashe didn't have an anger problem, we would have never been able to wonder if she could have shot Breeland. I was surprised, but then again not surprised, that it ended up being the sheriff who killed him in the end. Not surprised at all that the Sheriff was covering up everything... How is the department your family if you kill one of your own men?

I was also saddened that Beck got indicted, but Cox didn't... however, that part of it was very true to life, so I suppose it couldn't have gone any other way.

Overall, it was mostly enjoyable to watch and looked at an issue that needs a closer look... but I was hoping for even more.

2 hours ago, roctavia said:

Overall, it was mostly enjoyable to watch and looked at an issue that needs a closer look... but I was hoping for even more.

That was my take-away too. 

When Preston was questioning Cox, he forgot the number one rule: Never ask a question you don't know the answer to.  He should not have asked Cox if he was scared but if he'd had any training or was legally allowed to have a gun while on the Tours.  Cox having a gun in the first place was a felony  which made him accessory to murder.

• Love 1
(edited)

Too bad for the leads - who worked the hell out of sometimes terrible material.  Must have been really expensive though, with the likes of Helen Hunt and the Crossing Jordan lady.  

Have to be honest though - some of the other casting was awful.  I couldnt understand the nice white cop's mumblemouth without closed captioning.  It made me crazy.  

Edited by fib
Extra thought.