Type keyword(s) to search

Disappointed with these Moms

• Start Topic

I have been watching these girls from day one. The ups and downs of their journeys but I have to say that after seven years it seems like most of them have not learned a darn thing. Yes they were young and still are, so why keep repeating the past? They have had multiple children out of wedlock, rocky relationships, they don't work...they are teaching the kids that this is the norm. With one exception Chelsea is the most consistent mom, she finished school and she is actually working and had only one relationship. Her child seems well adjusted and behaves while on camera. I thought of all the moms, she was the one who did well and made it work. Just wished the new baby could have come after the wedding. And lastly, before Leah goes to beauty school and people trust her to do their hair maybe she should learn to cook and quit feeding her kids Campbell's soup (straight out of the can) every meal (I know she can afford better food) and just maybe if they were not constantly eating cookies, soda, snacks they would not be so wound up outta control all the time...and clean your house once in awhile girl!

Edited by Taintedlove1956
  • Love 4

The out-of-wedlock thing doesn't bother me. I was born "out of wedlock" in a time when that was definitely not the norm and I have grown into a successful, stable adult. My first son was born before my husband and I could get married. (We were going through the immigration process and it was very slow.) I value marriage as an institution but value stable relationships as well. Cole and Chelsea seem to have a good, solid relationship. I'd take them as an unmarried couple over Jenelle and David as a married couple any day. I WISH I enjoyed cooking. I do not. Frankly, I don't think any of these people will change until the show stops. At this point, they don't have any incentive to. As long as they can sit around and collect a lot of money for doing nothing there is little motivation to work or go to school. None of them seem to be able to think very far in advance. 

• Love 9

What frustrates me the most is that Kail and Jenelle have the resources  (time, knowledge and money) to better themselves and their children's lives, but they don't. Seek counseling and more importantly, be ok with not having a man in your life for awhile. If you want to date or have (safe) sex with guys, great, just put your kids first for awhile.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

What frustrates me the most is that Kail and Jenelle have the resources  (time, knowledge and money) to better themselves and their children's lives, but they don't. Seek counseling and more importantly, be ok with not having a man in your life for awhile. If you want to date or have (safe) sex with guys, great, just put your kids first for awhile.

Yes, this is what frustrates me as well. These women now make more than the majority of Americans ($300k puts them at top 2-3% of US salaries) but they've done very little with their resources other than squander.  

Then, when they're given free opportunities, they blow that too. Take Leah and Catelynn for example, they went to one of the best residential treatment centers in the US. Some people put second mortgages out on their houses in order to go to these facilities!  These two twits didn't even bother with aftercare and most likely didn't care to practice any of the skills taught to them. 

Now, we've hit a new level of disgust and disappointment because these women are allowing their children's pain to be exploited by MTV. 

Easy come, easy go. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 7

I agree with the above but what gets me is this- they don't learn from their mistakes. They just keep on making the same mistakes over and over again. You'd think after getting burned the first time, they wouldn't stick their hands in the fire. 

• Love 3

I think "disappointed" is the wrong term because I never had high hopes for them to start. And I know Chelsea gets high praise but I think putting your children out there for the entire world to see and judge does them a terrible disservice so I don't think any truly "good" parent would do that for 7-8 years.  I do think she's the best of the bunch but Aubree and now the baby have no say in her doing this - selling their privacy for MTV's purposes or whatever product of the month they're shilling on their Instagram accounts. The single best thing all of them could do would be to get their children off of the TV and quit being dependent on MTV and live normal lives.

• Love 4

I too never had high hopes but for me, it is the fact all have the time and money to be better people and they don't. All I see is complaining about their life and about various parts of their lives. I just think by now at their age they should be acting more mature and not be yelling at their mom, their kids, and their ex or current. I also think they could cook a meal, not eat out and be more of a mom because they have opportunities we don't. Instead we see them laying around, going on vacation,  complaining about being so stressed/tired. If they had to worry about how to pay their bills, put food on the table or gas in their cars, then i could respect them and the struggle and the stress. Leah is still bitching about baby daddies, stress, and shit. Kail the same. Jenelle is bitching about Nathan and her mom and ignoring her kids. Chelsea is still bitching about Adam but has matured the most. Just sick of seeing the waste of time and money. Wasting time that most of us don't have with our kids and too busy on their phone or too busy on vacation without their kids. They need to be making memories with their kids, before time runs out, before the money runs out, cook supper, play Monopoly, go on vacation with the kids.

The money they get has given them a nice life and all they do is bitch and waste their life, waste their money and waste their time.

• Love 4

Is this an actual thread? Is it possible the person meant it as a comment instead and accidentally made it a thread? I only ask because the member only joined today and this is their only post. Maybe I should ask a mod?

• Love 3

I never expected extend any of them to amount to a hill of beans.  I just wish they made less money for this fucking circus.  These morons could make $50 grand and still think they were well off (not now, but you know what I mean.)  one of the reasons I stopped watching is I can't see the house Jenelle (who, rightfully, should be in prison somewhwere) is building, when I'm working two jobs to remodel a badly damaged house myself.  And the caveat is that she will STILL find a way to fuck her entire life up again and again.  I just can't with these people (except Chelsea).

• Love 5