Type keyword(s) to search

S24: Erika Jayne - Will Her Roller Coaster Take Her To Number One?

• Start Topic

Erika Girardi (born July 10, 1971), known professionally as Erika Jayne, is an American singer, actress and television personality. She came to prominence with the release of her debut single "Roller Coaster", which topped the US Billboard Dance Club Songs chart in 2007; it was included on her debut studio album Pretty Mess in 2009. Jayne has attained nine number-one songs on the Dance Club Songs chart as of 2016, most recently "How Many Fucks". In 2015, she was cast in the sixth season of the reality television series The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

ABC-Erika-Jayne-Gleb-Savchenko-DWTS-ml-170228_4x3_992.jpg

This wanna-be needs to be the first voted off. 

Edit:  Right after Nick.  Where's the double-elimination when we need it?

Edited by dcubed
  • Love 5

I look forward to seeing Erica dance.  This is a good opportunity for her and I think she's equipped for it.  I thought the comment about her being raunchy was laughable.  I mean, really....with the stuff that DWTS puts out there with their own professional dancers AND their invited guests.......PLEASE.  Don't insult a contestant that they were too much. People know what to expect from this show. Their standards aren't very high.

I thought she loved lovely.  I also think that she will do well and her Erica Janye fans will keep her around for awhile.  PLUS the Housewife fans.  She has a lot of support.  I think she'll have fun with it.  She's a very hard worker.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I look forward to seeing Erica dance.  This is a good opportunity for her and I think she's equipped for it.  I thought the comment about her being raunchy was laughable.  I mean, really....with the stuff that DWTS puts out there with their own professional dancers AND their invited guests.......PLEASE.  Don't insult a contestant that they were too much. People know what to expect from this show. Their standards aren't very high.

I thought she loved lovely.  I also think that she will do well and her Erica Janye fans will keep her around for awhile.  PLUS the Housewife fans.  She has a lot of support.  I think she'll have fun with it.  She's a very hard worker.

I totally agree with you and actually posted in the general thread about this.

• Love 1

I kind of wondered why she was too raunchy but Bonner wasn't, unless I missed Len saying it. For some reason the female stars seem to get that comment a lot more easily from Len than the guys do, imo. I only remember Len telling Apolo Ohno once that he felt there was too much thrusting in a dance. I could have a selective memory, though.

16 hours ago, lunastartron said:

One of the elements of the show that I think will be problematic for Erika is the seasonal gimmick/motif of a week in which the performers either select a specific song that's important to them personally or a year in which a significant event happened to them and are then assigned a song from said year. The point of this is to generate some warmhearted and/or tearjerker crowd pleasing moments. 

For example, this Disney pop tart danced to a love song that a teen rocker had written for her during their first romance. It's usually even more saccharine and sentimental than this.

We've never seen anything of the ilk from the Erikas.

(quoted post pulled over from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills forum since we were told to take it over here)

Do you think she'll pick one of her own songs like "How Many Fucks" or pick the year she left her toddler son to chase fame and stardom across the country?

• Love 8

I did feel for Erika tonight, she seems to just live in emotional extremes (which must be exhausting).  She's either "walls up" mostly polite or crying and hating it.  The audience can't move that fast or sympathize with someone who goes from crying to "stop looking at me" in 2 seconds.

Forgot she was booked on this season.  Have gone back and watched her dance, am using the term very loosely.  She can't dance at all!  So her show in real life is nothing more than a strip show?  I'd like to see her and Sonja Morgan go head to head with their burlesque.