Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

16,17, 19, 37.

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I won't choose 2 yet because as much as I hated Lorelai for her hypocrisy, it was a really good scene still for me that led to their first huge fight.

I feel this way about 2 as well...and although I think it is maybe, for me, Lorelai 's least flattering moment, I also LOVE Luke here, and it's very powerful. I guess I'm voting more in the spirit of powerful/ memorable moments....Though I totally get why people hate it!

• Love 1

Gracious, this is difficult even with so many choices.

2 because Lorelai was so over the top in that entire episode. I wanted to hook her up to a valium IV.

5 made me cringe.  

27 was just typical jealousy stuff.

45 because, well, talk about exaggerating!

I actually quite like 3. I thought it was a hoot.

2, 5, 19, and 27 have been eliminated

1. Lorelai and Rory argue about Rory wavering on going to Chilton after she's met Dean (Pilot)

3. Lorelai emotionlessly hanging up on Emily when she was talking to Sookie about the leftover risotto

4. Luke's head-cocking "Oh, don't tease" when Lorelai promises not to opine to him ever again.  Luke & Lorelai argue about Jess "that kid is way more screwed up than you think he is" (N&N, S&N)

6. Rory giving Emily the cold shoulder at the post second honeymoon Friday dinner and their exchange when Rory gets up to leave early.

8. The Emily/Lorelai/Rory three way fight after Rory's Dance (Emily attacks Lorelai "She's going to get pregnant!", Lorelai kicks her out, then turns on Rory when she gets home "You're going on the pill!") ..1.09 ,"Rory's Dance."

9. Luke and Jess fight after Luke finds out that Jess isn't graduating. "Then you gotta go"..3.20, "Say Goodnight Gracie"

10 Christopher ambushes Lorelai at FND and has an emotional confrontation with both she and Rory, then is kicked out by Emily...3.02, "Haunted Leg"

11. Lorelai and Richard have a heated discussion about why Richard stood up for her to Straub :"Yes it does matter why I did it, it matters greatly!"..1.15, "Christopher Returns."

12. Emily's smiley confrontation with Shira Huntzburger after she discovers the truth about how Rory has been treated..6.05, "We've Got Magic To Do.

13.  Lorelai's discussion with her parents when they let Rory move in. (The Season 5 finale)

14. Secrets and Loans - Rory vs Lorelai

15. "Look at all the pretty candy!" Luke and Taylor battling it out in the ice cream store.

16. Paris and Rory fencing and fighting at the same time.

17. "Michel, the phone." ... "Do you know who's really nice to talk to? The people at the unemployment agency."

18. Sookie and Jackson arguing over strawberries and blueberries.

20. Lorelai confronts Emily about not being happy for her when she announces she's engaged to Max.  (H&V)

21. Rory announces she's dropping out of Yale, Lorelai reacts badly.  (AHINAH)

23. The blonde wig brigade confront Lorelai over the way she handled the kids' questions about her teenage pregnancy (OHCATOOD)

24. Lorelai and Sookie about opening an inn (Lorelai is secretly upset about Mia selling and takes it out on Sookie) - The Inns and Outs of Inns

25. Paris and Doyle fight about breaking up so she can decide which school to attend - It's just like Riding a Bike. 

31. Christopher Returns - in the kitchen when he asks Lorelai to marry him.

32. It Should Have Been Lorelai - Christopher lays into Lorelai in front of everyone at Luke's.

33. Lazy Hazy Crazy Days - The elder Gilmores explode when Lorelai tells them that she and Christopher are not together.

34. Sookie and Jackson fight over Sookie's attempts to redecorate their house in a more "masculine" fashion (" It's terrifying! swear I’m gonna come out in the middle of the night for a drink of water, turn around, hit the floor and play dead!)...3.01 " Lazy Hazy Crazy"

35.Emily and Richard fight as she decides to leave for Europe ("Only prostitutes have 2 glasses of wine at lunch!"; "Well then buy me a boa and drive me to Reno because I am open for business!")..5.01 "Say Goodbye To Daisy Miller"

37. -Luke and Christopher fight amongst the Christmas decorations..7.10, "Merry Fisticuffs"

38.-Luke and Dean fight over the bop it...5.04 "Tippecanoe and Taylor too"

40.-Rory stands up for Jess (and herself) post car accident to Lorelai and Emily at Richard's launch party ("I’m sick of this. I’m sick of everyone treating me like I’m some kind of mindless idiot being led around by a guy....I was just as responsible ..")..2.20 "Help Wanted"

41. The fight that killed Grannie - when Richard lambasted his mother when Trix told Lorelai how she had to bail out Richard early in his career.

42.Emily and Lorelai argue during high tea and Trix tales them to task for it.

43. LorelaI and Jess argue when Lorelai confronts Jess about taking Rory's bracelet.  "Oh, don’t whatever me, you little jerk. You let Rory run around completely panicked, thinking she lost her boyfriend’s bracelet. She was miserable, do you understand that?"  (Lost and Found)

44. Luke and Jess argue about Jess telling Shane to go in the closet and Jess basically calls Luke Lorelai's lap dog.   "I’m not playing Golden Retriever, hoping one day she’ll turn around and fall in my arms. If she doesn’t wanna be with me, then fine." (One Gots Class and the Other One Dye)

45. Jess is frustrated about saying the Pledge in seven different languages. Luke gets frustrated and pushes him in the lake.   "Look, what exactly do you want from me? You bring me here to this place, you put me in a school that says the Pledge of Allegiance in six different languages, two of which I've never heard of before. You take me away from my home, my friends, and now you want what from me?" (Nick and Nora)

46. Lorelai and Richard get into it about Jason after Richard goes back to Floyd's company. "I am tired of this, Lorelai. You've shown absolutely no concern about what happens to me, what happens to your mother. The only thing you care about is what happens to your boyfriend. And the worst part of it... is that I never expected you to act any differently." (Afterboom)

47. Luke takes Lorelai to task when he finds his boat in her garage.  " You thought about you and how you'd feel. You didn't think about me or the fact that I said I wanted to get rid of this damn boat. I mean I said it, Lorelai. I said it, you heard it and you ignored it." (But Not as Cute as Pushkin)

With junie and deaja votes that makes this round easier to count.

14, 37, 38, and 47 are eliminated.

1. Lorelai and Rory argue about Rory wavering on going to Chilton after she's met Dean (Pilot)

3. Lorelai emotionlessly hanging up on Emily when she was talking to Sookie about the leftover risotto

4. Luke's head-cocking "Oh, don't tease" when Lorelai promises not to opine to him ever again.  Luke & Lorelai argue about Jess "that kid is way more screwed up than you think he is" (N&N, S&N)

6. Rory giving Emily the cold shoulder at the post second honeymoon Friday dinner and their exchange when Rory gets up to leave early.

8. The Emily/Lorelai/Rory three way fight after Rory's Dance (Emily attacks Lorelai "She's going to get pregnant!", Lorelai kicks her out, then turns on Rory when she gets home "You're going on the pill!") ..1.09 ,"Rory's Dance."

9. Luke and Jess fight after Luke finds out that Jess isn't graduating. "Then you gotta go"..3.20, "Say Goodnight Gracie"

10 Christopher ambushes Lorelai at FND and has an emotional confrontation with both she and Rory, then is kicked out by Emily...3.02, "Haunted Leg"

11. Lorelai and Richard have a heated discussion about why Richard stood up for her to Straub :"Yes it does matter why I did it, it matters greatly!"..1.15, "Christopher Returns."

12. Emily's smiley confrontation with Shira Huntzburger after she discovers the truth about how Rory has been treated..6.05, "We've Got Magic To Do.

13.  Lorelai's discussion with her parents when they let Rory move in. (The Season 5 finale)

15. "Look at all the pretty candy!" Luke and Taylor battling it out in the ice cream store.

17. "Michel, the phone." ... "Do you know who's really nice to talk to? The people at the unemployment agency."

20. Lorelai confronts Emily about not being happy for her when she announces she's engaged to Max.  (H&V)

23. The blonde wig brigade confront Lorelai over the way she handled the kids' questions about her teenage pregnancy (OHCATOOD)

24. Lorelai and Sookie about opening an inn (Lorelai is secretly upset about Mia selling and takes it out on Sookie) - The Inns and Outs of Inns

25. Paris and Doyle fight about breaking up so she can decide which school to attend - It's just like Riding a Bike. 

32. It Should Have Been Lorelai - Christopher lays into Lorelai in front of everyone at Luke's.

33. Lazy Hazy Crazy Days - The elder Gilmores explode when Lorelai tells them that she and Christopher are not together.

34. Sookie and Jackson fight over Sookie's attempts to redecorate their house in a more "masculine" fashion (" It's terrifying! swear I’m gonna come out in the middle of the night for a drink of water, turn around, hit the floor and play dead!)...3.01 " Lazy Hazy Crazy"

35.Emily and Richard fight as she decides to leave for Europe ("Only prostitutes have 2 glasses of wine at lunch!"; "Well then buy me a boa and drive me to Reno because I am open for business!")..5.01 "Say Goodbye To Daisy Miller"

40.-Rory stands up for Jess (and herself) post car accident to Lorelai and Emily at Richard's launch party ("I’m sick of this. I’m sick of everyone treating me like I’m some kind of mindless idiot being led around by a guy....I was just as responsible ..")..2.20 "Help Wanted"

41. The fight that killed Grannie - when Richard lambasted his mother when Trix told Lorelai how she had to bail out Richard early in his career.

42.Emily and Lorelai argue during high tea and Trix tales them to task for it.

43. LorelaI and Jess argue when Lorelai confronts Jess about taking Rory's bracelet.  "Oh, don’t whatever me, you little jerk. You let Rory run around completely panicked, thinking she lost her boyfriend’s bracelet. She was miserable, do you understand that?"  (Lost and Found)

44. Luke and Jess argue about Jess telling Shane to go in the closet and Jess basically calls Luke Lorelai's lap dog.   "I’m not playing Golden Retriever, hoping one day she’ll turn around and fall in my arms. If she doesn’t wanna be with me, then fine." (One Gots Class and the Other One Dye)

45. Jess is frustrated about saying the Pledge in seven different languages. Luke gets frustrated and pushes him in the lake.   "Look, what exactly do you want from me? You bring me here to this place, you put me in a school that says the Pledge of Allegiance in six different languages, two of which I've never heard of before. You take me away from my home, my friends, and now you want what from me?" (Nick and Nora)

46. Lorelai and Richard get into it about Jason after Richard goes back to Floyd's company. "I am tired of this, Lorelai. You've shown absolutely no concern about what happens to me, what happens to your mother. The only thing you care about is what happens to your boyfriend. And the worst part of it... is that I never expected you to act any differently." (Afterboom)

43 - Even though I love that Jess set her straight, I still hate Lorelai here.

33 - It's been 17 years.  Move on.

32 - Because even though I think Chris said some things Lorelai needed to hear, it was very OOC of him to confront her in public, IMO.  The scene never feels right to me because of it.

24 - I'm so hurt for Sookie here.

32, 33, and 42 had the most votes. 17 and 24 tied for the 4th elimination spot so i'm just going to take all five out

1. 18, 43, 46 have been eliminated

Hi all, I'm new here and read the rules but didn't see anything about whether those of us who just found this place can jump in once a new game has already been started? This looks like a lot of fun but I'm happy to wait until the next round if that's not okay! 

Thank you so much for the kind welcome! 

Now I'm about to make you think I'm too stupid to hang out with you folks, but I just want to make sure: we vote for the items we want to get rid of, not the ones we want to save, right? 

5 minutes ago, Blandings said:

Thank you so much for the kind welcome! 

Now I'm about to make you think I'm too stupid to hang out with you folks, but I just want to make sure: we vote for the items we want to get rid of, not the ones we want to save, right? 

That is absolutely correct. 

• Love 1

13, 21, 23, and 44 have been eliminated Let's start voting for three now.