Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

18. Rory tells Lorelai that she's given her everything she needs. (Bon Voyage)

38. Luke telling Lorelai to take all the time she needs at the end of Bon Voyage and Rory noticing the look between them and smiling. (BV)

With the departure of 16 we have reached the final round. I need to sleep on this one.

Gosh, it's so hard!  I remember tearing up at each one.  Guess I have to try and remember the hanky count but that was a while ago. I dearly love 38 as it was such a subtle moment and so what I wanted to see and hear.  But since it is Gilmore Girls, I suppose I should go with 18 for the win in the spirit of the title.  I still haven't decided!

48 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Gosh, it's so hard!  I remember tearing up at each one.  Guess I have to try and remember the hanky count but that was a while ago. I dearly love 38 as it was such a subtle moment and so what I wanted to see and hear.  But since it is Gilmore Girls, I suppose I should go with 18 for the win in the spirit of the title.  I still haven't decided!

I'm going to use your logic, Kohola. I love them both but 18 for the win.

Rory's gently spoken "everything I need" has topped the charts for the otherwise despicable Season 87.  

Now I wonder if amensisterfriend kept a list of all of the final winners from all seven seasons.  Not sure I have the stamina to look through all eleventy-seven pages to come up with each one for a Grand Prize vote!

• Love 1

Season 87......snicker......

(That's about what it felt like sometimes!)

I'll see if I can go back and compile a list of the winners.  Maybe the Top 3 from each season so we'll have more than 7 to vote on?

• Love 1

Okay here's the Top 3 from each season!  I think we should start out just voting out TWO since it's a shorter list.

1.  Lorelai gently says that they don't have to change EVERYTHING about the diner after Luke reminisces about his dad (That Damn Donna Reed) 

2.  Luke brings hot drinks to the reenactors (Love & War & Snow)

3.  "Yes, Emily, you may go first." (Forgiveness & Stuff) 

4.  Lorelai sees the chuppah Luke made for her (Road Trip to Harvard)

5.  The Reenactors show up at Louie's funeral (Dead Uncles & Vegetabes)

6.  Lorelai's parents look on proudly as she graduates from business school (Lorelai's Graduation Day)

7.  Lorelai changes all of Rory's Harvard memorabilia to Yale (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

8.  Rory's speech at her Chilton graduation (Those Are Strings, Pinnochio)

9.  Lorelai buys Emily a DVD player and movies for when Richard is out of town (Dear Emily and Richard)

10.  Luke and Lorelai's dance (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

11.  Luke finds the last twelve eggs for Kirk (Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom!)

12.  Jess thanks Luke for everything he's done for him (LWF, TWT)

13.  Lorelai convinces voters to vote for Taylor (Tippecanoe & Taylor, Too)

14.  Luke is relieved when Lorelai thinks it was a really good kiss...and doesn't want to forget it (Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)

15.  Rory and Richard saunter off together after pranking Logan with engagement bit (But Not as Cute as Pushkin)

16.  Richard leaves the dollhouse on the porch for Lorelai (Welcome to the Dollhouse)

17.  Rory introduces Luke as her stepfather to be at her 21st and the look on Luke's face (21 is the Loneliest Number)

18.  Luke gives Rory his mother's pearls for her 21st birthday (21ITLN)

19.  Lorelai thanks Luke for the party, Luke just likes to see Lorelai happy (Bon Voyage)

20.  Rory tells Lorelai that she's given her everything she needs (Bon Voyage)

21.  Luke tells Lorelai to take all the time she needs, Rory notices the look between them and smiles (Bon Voyage)

• Love 1

Okay 13 is clearly out with seven votes, but it completely goes to sh!t after that LOL.  I guess the closest next is 19 and 7 both with three votes, so who wants to be our tie-breaker?  I'll check again in the morning.

1.  Lorelai gently says that they don't have to change EVERYTHING about the diner after Luke reminisces about his dad (That Damn Donna Reed) 

5.  The Reenactors show up at Louie's funeral (Dead Uncles & Vegetables)

6.  Lorelai's parents look on proudly as she graduates from business school (Lorelai's Graduation Day)

7.  Lorelai changes all of Rory's Harvard memorabilia to Yale (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

9.  Lorelai buys Emily a DVD player and movies for when Richard is out of town (Dear Emily and Richard)

14.  Luke is relieved when Lorelai thinks it was a really good kiss...and doesn't want to forget it (Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)

15.  Rory and Richard saunter off together after pranking Logan with engagement bit (But Not as Cute as Pushkin)

16.  Richard leaves the dollhouse on the porch for Lorelai (Welcome to the Dollhouse)

17.  Rory introduces Luke as her stepfather to be at her 21st and the look on Luke's face (21 is the Loneliest Number)

21.  Luke tells Lorelai to take all the time she needs, Rory notices the look between them and smiles (Bon Voyage)

Thanks kaity for the tie-breaker!  13 and 19 are out, we're still voting against TWO.

My votes - 16, and......geez, this got hard fast......18 I guess.

Edited by Taryn74

Ahh, I was hoping someone would come in and break that three-way tie without me having to call for a tie-breaker.  Thanks heather.  ;)

7 *sniff* and 9 are out!  Keep voting for TWO!

5.  The Reenactors show up at Louie's funeral (Dead Uncles & Vegetables)