Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

3.      The judge reads the character letter and the reaction on Luke's face. "Once Luke Danes is in your life, he is in your life forever.” (To Whom It may Concern)

4.      Logan showing up to support Rory when Richard is at the hospital. (I'd Rather be in Philadelphia)

5.      Emily's praise of Lorelai as an independent woman. (Kayak)

6.      Lane asking Rory to be her kids’ Lorelai (Will You Be...)

7.      Lane and Zack asking Luke to be godfather to the twins. (Gilmore Girls Only)

8.      Luke and Lorelai apologizing in the hale bay maze. (HBM)

9.      9Lorelai singing "I Will Always Love You" as Luke looks on. (Lorelai? Lorelai?)

10. Luke making all the tarps in the middle of the night for the party. (BV)

11. Rory's speech at the party. (BV)

12. Lorelai telling her mother she'll still come to Friday Night Dinner (BV)

13. Richard telling Lorelai that everything the town did for Rory is a testament to her as a mother. (BV)

14. Luke and Lorelai kiss (BV)

15. The final scene - the girls have coffee, with Luke in the background, nearly identical to the final scene of the Pilot. (BV) 

16. Lorelai thanks Luke for the party. Luke just likes to see Lorelai happy. (Bon Voyage)

17. Lorelai watches a sleeping Rory (Bon Voyage)

18. Rory tells Lorelai that she's given her everything she needs. (Bon Voyage)

19. Lorelai watches teary-eyed as Rory walks the graduation stage at Yale (Unto the Breach)

20. Rory is there for Lane as they lay on the bed thinking of baby names (That's What You Get, Folks, For Makin' Whoopee)

21. Luke brings Lorelai a 'fish' bag to the hospital and asks if he can do anything. (I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia)

22. Luke tells Lorelai he made arrangements for her Jeep to be fixed and he'll put a bell on her bike. (It's Just Like Riding a Bike)

23. Luke asks Lorelai if she'll write a character reference letter for him and she agrees (Santa's Secret Stuff)

25. Lane says she wants to be a good mom like Mama Kim. (Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?)

26. Luke put the blue hat back atop his head and Lorelai notices. (Lorelai? Lorelai?)

27. Rory tells Lane that her friendship means so much to her, and she doesn't know what it is like to have a sister. (Bon Voyage)

28. Rory waves to Luke from outside the diner after finding out him and her mom had broken up, right before Kirk crashes into the diner. (The Long Morrow)

29. Luke and Rory bantering about all the gifts he'd given her for birthdays and Christmases the past years and this causing Lorelai to finally know what to write in the character reference. (Santa's Secret Stuff)

30. Lorelai meeting Doula; she and Luke having the first civil moment together.  (Merry Fisticuffs)

33. Lorelai turns up at the hospital to support Luke when April's there. (Introducing Lorelai Planetarium)

34. Luke calling up Lorelai to tell her he'd won the custody case. (To Whom It May Concern)

36. Lorelai and Sookie hold a funeral for Chin-Chin at the Dragonfly – (Farewell My Pet)

38. Luke telling Lorelai to take all the time she needs at the end of Bon Voyage and Rory noticing the look between them and smiling. (BV)

1 and 32 are history but there was a tie between 2 and 4.  .  There was a tie between 2 and 3.  Since I hadn't yet voted, I will go with.  Next 3?

My votes:  4, 11, 36

3.      The judge reads the character letter and the reaction on Luke's face. "Once Luke Danes is in your life, he is in your life forever.” (To Whom It may Concern)

4.      Logan showing up to support Rory when Richard is at the hospital. (I'd Rather be in Philadelphia)

7.      Lane and Zack asking Luke to be godfather to the twins. (Gilmore Girls Only)

8.      Luke and Lorelai apologizing in the hale bay maze. (HBM)

9.      9Lorelai singing "I Will Always Love You" as Luke looks on. (Lorelai? Lorelai?)

13. Richard telling Lorelai that everything the town did for Rory is a testament to her as a mother. (BV)

15. The final scene - the girls have coffee, with Luke in the background, nearly identical to the final scene of the Pilot. (BV) 

16. Lorelai thanks Luke for the party. Luke just likes to see Lorelai happy. (Bon Voyage)

19. Lorelai watches teary-eyed as Rory walks the graduation stage at Yale (Unto the Breach)

20. Rory is there for Lane as they lay on the bed thinking of baby names (That's What You Get, Folks, For Makin' Whoopee)

21. Luke brings Lorelai a 'fish' bag to the hospital and asks if he can do anything. (I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia)

22. Luke tells Lorelai he made arrangements for her Jeep to be fixed and he'll put a bell on her bike. (It's Just Like Riding a Bike)

23. Luke asks Lorelai if she'll write a character reference letter for him and she agrees (Santa's Secret Stuff)

25. Lane says she wants to be a good mom like Mama Kim. (Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?)

26. Luke put the blue hat back atop his head and Lorelai notices. (Lorelai? Lorelai?)

27. Rory tells Lane that her friendship means so much to her, and she doesn't know what it is like to have a sister. (Bon Voyage)

29. Luke and Rory bantering about all the gifts he'd given her for birthdays and Christmases the past years and this causing Lorelai to finally know what to write in the character reference. (Santa's Secret Stuff)

30. Lorelai meeting Doula; she and Luke having the first civil moment together.  (Merry Fisticuffs)

33. Lorelai turns up at the hospital to support Luke when April's there. (Introducing Lorelai Planetarium)

34. Luke calling up Lorelai to tell her he'd won the custody case. (To Whom It May Concern)

38. Luke telling Lorelai to take all the time she needs at the end of Bon Voyage and Rory noticing the look between them and smiling. (BV)

Well, 5, 28, and 36 were runaway winners (losers?) with a continued vote for 3.  I'm going with 4, 11, 19.  To me the high school and college graduations were pretty much interchangeable.

Now gone:  8, 19, 29.  Starting a new work week still voting for 3.  I'm voting 4, 11, 20 off the island.

Farewell to 4, 11, 20.  Still voting on three.  I think I will go with 13, 17, 22

13 - I wish I could love it, but it just feels off and I don't.

17 - Stretches on for far too long, and it is sappy in a way GG usually isn't.  I find the endings of B&B and TLFDAY far more poignant.

14 - I know, I know.  I just find 16 the more "awww" part of that scene.

13, 17, 30 (shucks) are gone.  Soldiering on with 3.

21 and 17 are gone but there is a tie between 12 and 23 for the third dumpee.  First person to weigh in will be the deciding vote.