Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

1. Luke and Lorelai's dance.

2. Luke finding the last twelve eggs for Kirk.

3. Luke comforting Lorelai during her breakdown.

4. Luke giving Lorelai a loan for the inn.

5. Brian and Zach putting a shelf aside for Lane at their new apartment.

7. Luke bringing flowers for Lorelai at the test run.

8. Jess thanks Luke for everything he's done for him.

9. Luke and Lorelai's first kiss.

10. Luke gives Lorelai the earrings Liz made.

11. Liz tells Lorelai how Luke is his hero.

13. Lorelai, Michel and Sookie taking a photo together at the "groundbreaking" of the Dragonfly, "We're a part of its life"

14. Kirk watching out for Lorelai (the alarm system) and her kissing his cheek in return.  

15. Lorelai covering Luke with a blanket after movie night..."He looks comfy there."  

16. Lorelai comforting Luke after Jess blasts him in A Family Affair..."handful of Barbie"

17. Sleeping with the zucchini....Dragonfly staff bonding.

18. Emily complimenting Lorelai's skills/life in the food court at the mall.

19. Luke casually telling Rory she was special when he said she could have anything on the house before she left for Yale

20. Lorelai calming down a pregnant Sookie. "You're going to be a great parent. You're gonna be amazing. That little boy of yours is very lucky." (The Hobbit, The Sofa and Digger Stiles.)

21. Sookie telling Lorelai that she is having a little boy. (Ballroom and Biscotti)

22. Emily showing real regret when she cancels the catering contract playing Lorelai compliments on the plans. (An Affair to Remember)

23. Luke telling Jess he will be gone for the night so Jess won't have to sleep in his car. (A Family Matter)

24. Luke giving Rory advice (through Lorelai) about "feeling a draft" when Rory was on the disastrous date. (The Fundamental Things Apply)

25. Lorelai's breakdown in the lingerie department when buying her grandmother "fresh" undies.  (The Reigning Lorelai)

26. Lorelai and Luke team up to unfix the bells. (In the Clamor and the Clangor)

27. Lorelai and Rory sharing the rest of the biscotti after Emily falls asleep. (Ballrooms and Biscotti)

29. Luke insisting Rory skip Dean's wedding. (Chicken or Beef)

30. Richard agreeing with Emily and finally standing up to Trix (Incredible Sinking Lorelais)

32. Richard agreeing that Trix's ashes won't go on the mantle. (The Reigning Lorelai)

34. Mrs Kim returns to Lane's apartment, after originally running away, and pretends the boys are "girls" so she can have tea with them. (Last Week Fights)

35. Jess admitting that it was because of Luke that he came to Liz's wedding.

36. When Lane sneaks back in her house to kiss her mom goodnight.

12, and 33 and 37 are gone, and the next round is open! 

My votes: 9, (he's annoyed, she's confused, they're not communicating or connecting well...not only is the 'irritated and bickering right before they finally kiss!' thing a painfully played out rom com cliche instead of being a little creative like most of the best GG scenes are to me, but in retrospect this scene was a sneak preview of why I would end up disliking their romantic relationship), 11 (I usually try to vote based on how effective and GG-ish I think the scene is regardless of how much I happen to like the specific characters in it, but I just can't EVER awwww over someone I dislike as much as I do Liz...I won't even pretend that my feelings for her are rational :)), 25 (I'm usually a fan of LG's acting, but she just doesn't sell me on being genuinely upset in this scene, and I didn't feel remotely invested in her relationship with Trix) 

13. Lorelai, Michel and Sookie taking a photo together at the "groundbreaking" of the Dragonfly, "We're a part of its life"

14. Kirk watching out for Lorelai (the alarm system) and her kissing his cheek in return.  

15. Lorelai covering Luke with a blanket after movie night..."He looks comfy there."  

16. Lorelai comforting Luke after Jess blasts him in A Family Affair..."handful of Barbie"

19. Luke casually telling Rory she was special when he said she could have anything on the house before she left for Yale

20. Lorelai calming down a pregnant Sookie. "You're going to be a great parent. You're gonna be amazing. That little boy of yours is very lucky." (The Hobbit, The Sofa and Digger Stiles.)

21. Sookie telling Lorelai that she is having a little boy. (Ballroom and Biscotti)

22. Emily showing real regret when she cancels the catering contract playing Lorelai compliments on the plans. (An Affair to Remember)

23. Luke telling Jess he will be gone for the night so Jess won't have to sleep in his car. (A Family Matter)

24. Luke giving Rory advice (through Lorelai) about "feeling a draft" when Rory was on the disastrous date. (The Fundamental Things Apply)

26. Lorelai and Luke team up to unfix the bells. (In the Clamor and the Clangor)

27. Lorelai and Rory sharing the rest of the biscotti after Emily falls asleep. (Ballrooms and Biscotti)

30. Richard agreeing with Emily and finally standing up to Trix (Incredible Sinking Lorelais)

32. Richard agreeing that Trix's ashes won't go on the mantle. (The Reigning Lorelai)

34. Mrs Kim returns to Lane's apartment, after originally running away, and pretends the boys are "girls" so she can have tea with them. (Last Week Fights)

11, 25 and 29 are history, and the next round is open! Just vote for the three that you most want eliminated :)

13, 14, 19 and 24 were tied for those three spots, so I was thinking we were in store for a tiebreaker---until I realized that I hadn't voted yet :) So I'll make things easy and go against 13, 19, 24, and the next round is open! We're still voting against three. 

My votes: 9, 16 and 26

...and the next round is open! My votes: 9, 10 and 16 

Damn, I really love the "It's a boy!  A little boy!  .....I know nothing about little boys" moment.  Ah, well.  Onward.

Awww, I loved it too! It's much more awww-worthy to me than many of the moments that remain, and this is coming even from someone who often finds Sookie annoying :) 

• Love 1