Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, amensisterfriend said:

I love Rory's speech, but I think I'll vote against 20. One of the things that makes GG so special to me is how much poignancy they can wring from really subtle, understated moments. Rory's sweet and sentimental graduation speech is great, as are people's reactions to it, but it's the kind of scene you'd find on a lot of shows. 16 and 27 are somehow just more quintessentially, uniquely GG for me :) 

Oh wow. Nicely put. I couldn't agree more. I'm voting 20 as well. 

• Love 1

Aaand we're down to our fellow two:

16. Lorelai changes all of Rory's Harvard memorabilia to Yale. (ATOPAF)

27. When Lorelai gets Emily a DVD player and movies for when Richard is out of town. (Dear Emily and Richard)

Feel free to start nominating your sweetest and most awwww-worthy moments from S4! 

I love both of these moments so much! 27 is so great because it shows Lorelai really making an effort to get to know her mother and reach out to her as their relationship evolves, but 16 is my favorite for sure. This is the moment when Rory realizes that Lorelai supports her choice, even if it represents something she wouldn't choose herself. Lorelai sees Rory as an adult who is able to make this decision, and the way she expresses this is so typically Gilmore. Plus, I love those stupid Kirk shirts!

I vote to eliminate 27. But I do love how our final two moments are between Gilmore Girls and their mothers!

• Love 1

I vote for 27 to be eliminated. I prefer 16. :)

To be honest, there's only one moment in season 4 that is a winner for me but I will have a think and try and come up with a list of others. :)

Just now, elang4 said:

I vote for 27 to be eliminated. I prefer 16. :)

To be honest, there's only one moment in season 4 that is a winner for me but I will have a think and try and come up with a list of others. :)

We could just do a quick poll to see how many people think the LL dance should win and move on to Season 5 ;)

I do like to see all the moments other people think are sweet, though. I don't rewatch very often, so there are always moments I enjoy being reminded of!

18 minutes ago, LeafontheWind said:

We could just do a quick poll to see how many people think the LL dance should win and move on to Season 5 ;)

I do like to see all the moments other people think are sweet, though. I don't rewatch very often, so there are always moments I enjoy being reminded of!

Yeah I've been thinking and there are some other sweet moments but I don't think anything could beat the LL dance for me. Although Luke finding those last twelve eggs for Kirk and him comforting Lorelai after her meltdown and giving her a loan are very close to it! :)

I don't like either of the moments that are left (ducks head).  I'll leave the winner to the rest of you.

The LL dance will be really hard to beat.  But it would be interesting to see what everyone considers awwww moments anyway.

We could just do a quick poll to see how many people think the LL dance should win and move on to Season 5

I actually love the process and seeing which scenes finish top 10, top five, etc., so I'd vote not to skip ahead, but it's up to you guys :) And the LL dance isn't even among my top 10 or so moments from S4, but I totally realize that puts me in a small minority! 

• Love 1

Some season 4 moments I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Luke and Lorelai's dance.

2. Luke finding the last twelve eggs for Kirk.

3. Luke comforting Lorelai during her breakdown.

4. Luke giving Lorelai a loan for the inn.

5. Brian and Zach putting a shelf aside for Lane at their new apartment.

6. Zach paying Lane a compliment for the first time after their first gig.

7. Luke bringing flowers for Lorelai at the test run.

8. Jess thanks Luke for everything he's done for him.

9. Luke and Lorelai's first kiss.

10. Luke gives Lorelai the earrings Liz made.

11. Liz tells Lorelai how Luke is his hero.

Ok I guess there were more than I thought!! :P There are probably more as well.

Good ones, elang4.  I just love the shelf for Lane and might not have thought of that one.  Let's see if I can add any...

**Lorelai comforting Michel..."We like Tobin.  We're addicted to you."

**Lorelai, Michel and Sookie taking a photo together at the "groundbreaking" of the Dragonfly, "We're a part of its life"

**Kirk watching out for Lorelai (the alarm system) and her kissing his cheek in return.  

**Lorelai covering Luke with a blanket after movie night..."He looks comfy there."  

**Lorelai comforting Luke after Jess blasts him in A Family Affair..."handful of Barbie"

**Sleeping with the zucchini....Dragonfly staff bonding.

**Emily complimenting Lorelai's skills/life in the food court at the mall.

2 minutes ago, cantbeflapped said:

Good ones, elang4.  I just love the shelf for Lane and might not have thought of that one.  Let's see if I can add any...

**Lorelai comforting Michel..."We like Tobin.  We're addicted to you."

**Lorelai, Michel and Sookie taking a photo together at the "groundbreaking" of the Dragonfly, "We're a part of its life"

**Kirk watching out for Lorelai (the alarm system) and her kissing his cheek in return.  

**Lorelai covering Luke with a blanket after movie night..."He looks comfy there."  

**Lorelai comforting Luke after Jess blasts him in A Family Affair..."handful of Barbie"

**Sleeping with the zucchini....Dragonfly staff bonding.

**Emily complimenting Lorelai's skills/life in the food court at the mall.

Love those as well! I knew there were more. Maybe this won't be as easy as I thought! :P Loved the food court moment and Rory saying casually "oh I do that daily!" :)

And I am a sucker for that Lorelai/Michel moment too!

Got another one:

Luke casually telling Rory she was special when he said she could have anything on the house before she left for Yale.

I do love the Luke/Rory moments. :)

Lorelai calming down a pregnant Sookie. "You're going to be a great parent. You're gonna be amazing. That little boy of yours is very lucky." (The Hobbit, The Sofa and Digger Stiles.)

Sookie telling Lorelai that she is having a little boy. (Ballroom and Biscotti)

Emily showing real regret when she cancels the catering contract playing Lorelai compliments on the plans. (An Affair to Remember)

Luke telling Jess he will be gone for the night so Jess won't have to sleep in his car. (A Family Matter)

Luke giving Rory advice (through Lorelai) about "feeling a draft" when Rory was on the disastrous date. (The Fundamental Things Apply)

Lorelai's breakdown in the lingerie department when buying her grandmother "fresh" undies.  (The Reigning Lorelai)

Lorelai and Luke team up to unfix the bells. (In the Clamor and the Clangor)

And while not an awwww moment, may I just nominate all of the Emily scenes in this episode for a special award.  She was such a hoot with her bathrobe, liquor, and smokes!

Edited by Kohola3
My brain started to function on all burners.)

Too many Luke Lorelai moments on lists!

Too many Luke Lorelai moments on lists!

I'm not a Luke fan at all (quite the opposite, in fact!), but I actually think all of the Luke and Luke/Lorelai moments mentioned so far are legitimate awwww-moments from this season! That said, if anyone has other sweet scenes involving other characters, please feel free to add them anytime today, and I'll put our S4 list together this evening! 

And, oh yeah, 17 is our triumphant S3 winner :) 

Edited by amensisterfriend

Season 4 Moments - 

Lorelai and Rory sharing the rest of the biscotti after Emily falls asleep. (Ballrooms and Biscotti)

The girls who previously teased Rory  come to get coffee with her on the way to orientation. (First Day)

Luke insisting Rory skip Dean's wedding. (Chicken or Beef)

Richard agreeing with Emily and finally standing up to Trix (Incredible Sinking Lorelais)

Rory breaking down to Dean about school and missing her mom. (ISL)

Emily agreeing to a food court meal with the girls. (Scenes in a Mall)

Richard agreeing that Trix's ashes won't go on the mantle. (The Reigning Lorelai)

Jason gives Lorelai a key to his apartment. (Girls in Bikinis)

Mrs Kim returns to Lane's apartment, after originally running away, and pretends the boys are "girls" so she can have tea with them. (Last Week Fights)

Most of these are pretty trivial moments, but hey - we need something to vote out before we have to sift through the big ones, right????

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Ohhh...one more of my favorites.  Sookie's excitement with Luke when she realizes that Kirk's ramblings about The Kiss were true.

"Was it on a table?" LOL.

Technically that would be in Season 5

Edited by lulu1960

Technically that would be in Season 5

Lulu, you are absolutely correct.  We'll have to save that one!  Looks like we have quite an extended session of voting to get through!

6. Zach paying Lane a compliment for the first time after their first gig.

12. Lorelai comforting Michel..."We like Tobin.  We're addicted to you."

13. Lorelai, Michel and Sookie taking a photo together at the "groundbreaking" of the Dragonfly, "We're a part of its life"

14. Kirk watching out for Lorelai (the alarm system) and her kissing his cheek in return.  

15. Lorelai covering Luke with a blanket after movie night..."He looks comfy there."  

16. Lorelai comforting Luke after Jess blasts him in A Family Affair..."handful of Barbie"

17. Sleeping with the zucchini....Dragonfly staff bonding.

18. Emily complimenting Lorelai's skills/life in the food court at the mall.

19. Luke casually telling Rory she was special when he said she could have anything on the house before she left for Yale

20. Lorelai calming down a pregnant Sookie. "You're going to be a great parent. You're gonna be amazing. That little boy of yours is very lucky." (The Hobbit, The Sofa and Digger Stiles.)

21. Sookie telling Lorelai that she is having a little boy. (Ballroom and Biscotti)

22. Emily showing real regret when she cancels the catering contract playing Lorelai compliments on the plans. (An Affair to Remember)

23. Luke telling Jess he will be gone for the night so Jess won't have to sleep in his car. (A Family Matter)

24. Luke giving Rory advice (through Lorelai) about "feeling a draft" when Rory was on the disastrous date. (The Fundamental Things Apply)

25. Lorelai's breakdown in the lingerie department when buying her grandmother "fresh" undies.  (The Reigning Lorelai)

26. Lorelai and Luke team up to unfix the bells. (In the Clamor and the Clangor)

27. Lorelai and Rory sharing the rest of the biscotti after Emily falls asleep. (Ballrooms and Biscotti)

28. The girls who previously teased Rory  come to get coffee with her on the way to orientation. (First Day)

29. Luke insisting Rory skip Dean's wedding. (Chicken or Beef)

30. Richard agreeing with Emily and finally standing up to Trix (Incredible Sinking Lorelais)

31. Rory breaking down to Dean about school and missing her mom. (ISL)

32. Richard agreeing that Trix's ashes won't go on the mantle. (The Reigning Lorelai)

33. Jason gives Lorelai a key to his apartment. (Girls in Bikinis)

34. Mrs Kim returns to Lane's apartment, after originally running away, and pretends the boys are "girls" so she can have tea with them. (Last Week Fights)

35. Jess admitting that it was because of Luke that he came to Liz's wedding.

36. When Lane sneaks back in her house to kiss her mom goodnight.

37. Rory going to the hospital to support Paris when Asher got angina.

Great job coming up with so many S4 moments! Just vote for the three you most want eliminated :)

Edited by amensisterfriend

28 - Felt manufactured and stupid, especially since we never really saw them again.

31 - Do I even have to explain?  LOL

33 - Awkward and funny, but not "sweet" IMO.

Edited by Taryn74

25 (wouldn't necessarily say this was sweet), 31 (just because we know where it leads!) and 34 (liked Jason but this wasn't as sweet as other moments)

Btw are 18 and 32 pretty much the same?

2 hours ago, amensisterfriend said:

Yes, good catch! I took out 32 and adjusted the list accordingly---if that changes the correct numbers involved with anyone's vote, just let me know :)

I went back and changed one of my numbers, thanks for the heads-up!

Season 4 Dean makes me stabby, 

Heh, "makes me stabby" might be my new favorite phrase.

• Love 2

12. Lorelai comforting Michel..."We like Tobin.  We're addicted to you."

13. Lorelai, Michel and Sookie taking a photo together at the "groundbreaking" of the Dragonfly, "We're a part of its life"

14. Kirk watching out for Lorelai (the alarm system) and her kissing his cheek in return.  

15. Lorelai covering Luke with a blanket after movie night..."He looks comfy there."  

16. Lorelai comforting Luke after Jess blasts him in A Family Affair..."handful of Barbie"

17. Sleeping with the zucchini....Dragonfly staff bonding.

18. Emily complimenting Lorelai's skills/life in the food court at the mall.

19. Luke casually telling Rory she was special when he said she could have anything on the house before she left for Yale

20. Lorelai calming down a pregnant Sookie. "You're going to be a great parent. You're gonna be amazing. That little boy of yours is very lucky." (The Hobbit, The Sofa and Digger Stiles.)

21. Sookie telling Lorelai that she is having a little boy. (Ballroom and Biscotti)

22. Emily showing real regret when she cancels the catering contract playing Lorelai compliments on the plans. (An Affair to Remember)

23. Luke telling Jess he will be gone for the night so Jess won't have to sleep in his car. (A Family Matter)

24. Luke giving Rory advice (through Lorelai) about "feeling a draft" when Rory was on the disastrous date. (The Fundamental Things Apply)

25. Lorelai's breakdown in the lingerie department when buying her grandmother "fresh" undies.  (The Reigning Lorelai)

26. Lorelai and Luke team up to unfix the bells. (In the Clamor and the Clangor)

27. Lorelai and Rory sharing the rest of the biscotti after Emily falls asleep. (Ballrooms and Biscotti)

29. Luke insisting Rory skip Dean's wedding. (Chicken or Beef)

30. Richard agreeing with Emily and finally standing up to Trix (Incredible Sinking Lorelais)

32. Richard agreeing that Trix's ashes won't go on the mantle. (The Reigning Lorelai)

33. Jason gives Lorelai a key to his apartment. (Girls in Bikinis)

34. Mrs Kim returns to Lane's apartment, after originally running away, and pretends the boys are "girls" so she can have tea with them. (Last Week Fights)

35. Jess admitting that it was because of Luke that he came to Liz's wedding.

36. When Lane sneaks back in her house to kiss her mom goodnight.

37. Rory going to the hospital to support Paris when Asher got angina.

6, 28 and 31 are our first victims, and the next round is open! Just vote for the three that you most want eliminated :)