Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Happy Birthday Baby (a real least favorite of mine)

Glad I'm not alone! I have trouble explaining why I don't like this one more than I do; I just find it kind of exhausting and irksome :) 

And I'm even more at a losss to explain my love for Lorelai Out of Water. It just has so many great little scenes and amusing, sneakily insightful conversations. The Chilton parts are fast-forward-worthy, but I adore the rest!

Say Goodnight, Gracie - most cringeworthy funeral scenes ever, and not in a 'oh it's awful but I still love it' kind of way

Very true, though I'm always happily surprised by how good I think the rest of the episode is. 

Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days
Haunted Leg
One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes
Eight O'Clock at the Oasis
Take the Deviled Eggs
They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?
Let the Games Begin
A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving
That'll Do, Pig
Dear Emily and Richard
Swan Song
Face Off
The Big One
A Tale of Poes and Fire
Say Goodnight, Gracie
Those Are Strings, Pinocchio

Lorelai Out of Water, Here Comes the Son and Happy Birthday Baby are gone, and the next round is open! We're still voting against three :) 

My votes: 

Take the Deviled Eggs 

Swan Song

Poes 

I'll switch my vote from TDDE to SGG in order to avoid yet another tiebreaker :) Which means that Face Off, SGG and Swan Song are history, and the next round is open! 

Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days
Haunted Leg
Take the Deviled Eggs
Let the Games Begin
That'll Do, Pig
Dear Emily and Richard
The Big One
A Tale of Poes and Fire

We can switch to voting against just two :) 

My votes: Take These Deviled Eggs and Poes 

DEAR is gone (I dislike the flashbacks but have grown to absolutely love the rest!), but we have a tie for that second elimination spot between Poes and Take These Deviled Eggs. You know the drill! 

My tiebreaker vote: Take These Deviled Eggs 

Now I'm feeling sentimental and thinking I need to rewatch DEAR tonight. Yes, NEED :) 

Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days
Haunted Leg
Let the Games Begin
That'll Do, Pig
The Big One
A Tale of Poes and Fire

We're still voting against two! 

• Love 1

I'll go with Poes and That'll Do, Pig. (I love Trix more than most do, but the triangle stuff with Dean/Rory/Jess gets a little tiresome for me here, and overall the episode just isn't as memorable and special for me as the others that remain) 

Poes and Haunted Leg

I thought Young!Lorelai was pretty well cast, although I know that's a UO that I hold.  Yeah the actress was a bit too short, and she needed better blue contacts, LOL, but I thought she had Lorelai's mannerisms down pat and that was far more important to me.

They did a terrible job with Christopher though.  He had all the charm of a dead slug (to quote Haymitch from THG, heh).

Yeah, she did do well with the mannerisms and acting like Lorelai. Besides the height, just the bustiness, full face and thick waisted-ness (though I guess she was supposed to be pregnant) seemed so wrong for a young Lorelai. Agree about Chris....what the heck?

My votes...

Haunted Leg

That'll Do Pig

(edited)

I think it is just a question of liking other episodes more. And aside from the scene with Lorelai and Chris I don't recall the episode.

Edited by lulu1960

Nolieblue, I didn't vote against Haunted Leg either :) We're the only ones who didn't, though, so it's gone along with That'll Do, Pig! 

Lulu, your favorites are already gone?! Which ones??? 

At this point, I agree it's just a matter of picking which ones you happen to love a little less than others :) We're still voting against two! 

Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days
Let the Games Begin
The Big One
A Tale of Poes and Fire

My votes: Poes and...hmmm....ADFKT There's a lot to love in this one, but I really hate the Thanksgiving at the elder Gilmores' house, the CatKirk stuff is overdone for me, and I don't find DrunkSookie quite as hilarious as most do!) 

Poes and Eight O'clock

I don't think HL was a bad episode, I just don't really remember much about it.  I remember Lorelai teasing Luke about the new menus, and Chris showing up at the elder Gilmore's.  That's it without checking the transcript.

(edited)

HL starts out with Lorelai being immature (yes, even more so than usual!) about being sick and Luke rather cutely urging her to eat more healthfully. It ended with a hostile but chemistry-brimming Rory/Jess scene in Doose's :) 

Edited by mstaken

HL starts out with Lorelai being immature (yes, even more so than usual!) about being sick and Luke rather cutely urging her to eat more healthfully.

Oh.  See?  I even had the wrong immature-Lorelai scene in mind, LOL.

(And now it's going to drive me crazy until I figure out the correct episode for the other one.)

• Love 1

LOL nolie!  I was actually talking about when Luke was menu-whipped and added three new salads so Nicole would have more choices.  Lorelai is also "sick" (with allergies) in that one so I had them confused.  It's from The Big One (because I had to look it up too).

• Love 1

Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days
Let the Games Begin
A Tale of Poes and Fire

Oasis and The Big One are history, and the next round is open! You know those episodes that you know aren't all that good but which you find yourself really emotionally attached to anyway?! That's Oasis for me :) 

The next round is open, and this is the last time we're voting against two! 

My votes: Poes and ADFKT 

I know exactly what you mean, lulu---whenever we play these, I'm always surprised all over again that I'm not as attached to S4 as I expect to be :) I really do love this season, though---while I don't love as many S3 episodes as S2 episodes, the ones I DO love are among my all-time favorites. 

At least the game will get a heck of a lot easier once we start S6 :) 

• Love 1

Poes and (*sniff*) Let the Games Begin have been chopped, and the next round is open! 

Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days

We're down to voting against just one! 

My vote: ADFKT...or One Has Class. Hmmm. I'll stick with Thanksgiving for now!

Hmm, not really voting for what I'd eliminate next, but choosing from what others have already voted for. I'll go with ....

Thanksgiving

I really love LHCD. I think they usually did season premiers and finales really well.

Can'tbeflapped, (I love your name beyond the telling of it), I'm a huge LCHD fan as well and have watched it an obscene number of times :) Over at our previous home, we did an Ep Elim game with just premieres and finales once. We should definitely do it again here as well!  

• Love 2

Thanksgiving is gone, and we've got our fabulous Final Four:

Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days

My vote: One Has Class