Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

I always think I'm ambivalent about Logan until I realize how many S5 episodes he ruined for me!

Amen, sister friend!

Kropogs and But I'm a Gilmore! are gone (editorial note: Good riddance!!!), but we have a tie for that final spot between Diorama and Blame Booze and Melville. 

My tiebreaker vote: Blame Booze and Melville (though I'm more than fine with either episode getting the boot!)

(edited)

Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller
A Messenger, Nothing More
Written in the Stars
Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too
We Got Us a Pippi Virgin
Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant
You Jump, I Jump, Jack
The Party's Over
Emily Says Hello
But Not as Cute as Pushkin
Women of Questionable Morals
Come Home
Wedding Bell Blues
Say Something
Jews and Chinese Food
So...Good Talk
Pulp Friction
To Live and Let Diorama
A House is Not a Home

Melville is history as well, and the next round is open! 

My votes: 

Diorama

You Jump, I Jump, Jack

The Parrty's Over (Drunken, tiara-clad Rory fawned over by a horde of frat boy admirers before she and Dean finally endure yet another awkward breakup and somehow Rory again ends up depicted as the victim here, Liz and TJ even more infuriating than usual...ugh!)  

Edited by mstaken
  • Love 1
Pushkin

Please feel free not to answer, but I'm so curious why you dislike this one! I'm only asking because it's definitely my favorite episode of the entire season...though, as admitted above, I have odd taste :) 

Thanks to our regulars for voting so quickly...you've done your civic duty :) 

Norman Mailer, Diorama and You Jump, I Jump, Jack are history, and the bext round is open! 

Written in the Stars
We Got Us a Pippi Virgin
The Party's Over
Emily Says Hello
Come Home
Wedding Bell Blues
Say Something
Jews and Chinese Food
So...Good Talk
Pulp Friction
A House is Not a Home

My votes: The Party's Over, Pulp Friction and A House is Not a Home

Pippi Virgin

Pushkin

Pulp Friction

Mstaken, The reason I dislike it is because I can't stand the girl that they send to Rory...she is nothing like a "young" Rory, and I feel like any student seriously considering an Ivy League school, that goes to Chilton, wouldn't act that way. Plus, Rory is just about the worst tour guide ever. And I find it hard to believe that in the 7 (or more) years that Lorelai has known Luke, she has no idea of his "dark day"

nd I find it hard to believe that in the 7 (or more) years that Lorelai has known Luke, she has no idea of his "dark day"

Heh---I'm definitely with you on rolling my eyes that the only person who Luke is close to is the only person in the whole freaking town not to know about this annual tradition of his. Even the idea of a designated, melodramatic Dark Day is a little out-of-character and contrived IMO. I guess I'm just used to handwaving a lot of that stuff, because logic and realism aren't exactly GG's greatest strengths ;) 

House (Damn you, G'rents)
Wedding (Damn you, Christopher)
The Party's Over (Damn you, TJ)

Hee! I'll happily 'damn' a lot of people in WBB. Even as someone who generally enjoys Christopher, I find him utterly infuriating here, but Luke behaves ridiculously IMO (don't get me started!), Rory is weirdly out of character as well, Emily and Richard are...well, Emily and Richard. Suffice it to say that while I love a few scenes from WBB too much to have voted for it quite yet, it's definitely an episode that's depicts most of our characters in a deeply unflattering way!

Pulp Friction (too many annoying Yale males)

Tippecanoe

So Good Talk

I dislike almost all of the actual wedding (or rather, vow renewal) in WBB but everything else was pretty awesome (Morton Salt boots! Cop Rock, the shower) so I also just try to ignore the crappy wedding stuff, including Lorelai's tacky prom, er, bridesmaid, dress). 

• Love 1

Written in the Stars
We Got Us a Pippi Virgin
Emily Says Hello
Come Home
Wedding Bell Blues
Say Something
Jews and Chinese Food
So...Good Talk

A House Is Not A Home, Pulp Friction and The Party's Over are history, and the next round is open. We can switch to voting against just two :)

My votes: Pippi Virgin and Jews and Chinese Food 

Since we had just finished the Season 4 eliminations and I saw how many of those episodes I liked/loved. I pulled out my DVDs today. Watched Ballrooms and Biscottis as well as The Lorelais' First Day at Yale.

• Love 2

Written in the Stars
Emily Says Hello
Come Home
Wedding Bell Blues
Say Something
Jews and Chinese Food
So...Good Talk

Pippi and Taylor are history, and the next round is open! Lulu, these games often inspire me to rewatch favorite scenes and episodes as well. 

My votes: Jews and Chinese Food and...hmmm...WBB. As we've chatted about above, WBB has some scenes that I really adore, but it also has a bunch of stuff that leaves me deeply annoyed with nearly every freaking character!  

Jews and Chinese food is gone, but we have a three-way tie for that second spot! 

The unlucky candidates: So...Good Talk, Women of Questionable Morals and Wedding Bell Blues. 

My vote: WBB (though I'll switch it to S...GT if it will move us along!) 

Written in the Stars
Emily Says Hello
Come Home
Say Something
So...Good Talk

The next round is open! We're still voting against two...

AMNM and Emily Says Hello (I know that ESH is a favorite, but other than that final, phenomenally well-acted scene with Kelly Bishop, I'm surprisingly meh on this one overall. I always expect to like it more than I do!) 

A Messenger Nothing More is gone, but we have a three-way tie for that second spot: Emily Says Hello, Women of Questionable Morals and So...Good Talk. 

My tiebreaker vote: ESH (though I'll change it to S...GT if we need to. I'm ridiculously attached to WoQM!) 

Written in the Stars
Emily Says Hello
Come Home
Say Something

I'll change mine to S...GT to move us along! The next round is open, and this is the last time we're voting against two!

My votes: Emily Says Hello and Written in the Stars 

Written in the Stars
Come Home

Say Something and Emily Says Hello (there's a lot of "saying" this season!) are gone, and the next round is open! We're down to voting against just one :)

My vote: Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller (yet more "saying!")