Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

I was so torn on LFDAC---I do think it's the 'worst' episode of the ones that remain, and the contrivance with the seriously-she-HAD-to-wear-that-outfit?! thing irks me, but somehow I'm really emotionally attached to that one.

This was a quick and unanimous round---TLFDAC is gone, and we're down to our final three! 

Rory's Birthday Parties
Double Date
Emily in Wonderland

My vote: Emily in Wonderland 

Agreed about Emily-Working-Girl-Gilmore, but Double Date is probably one of my top three eps of the whole series, so I have to hang onto it for as long as I can.

So..... EiW gets my vote.

I love how quickly you're all voting! 

Our fabulous final two:

Rory's Birthday Parties
Double Date

I'm so torn on this one! I think RBP is probably the better episode in that it's more emotionally resonant and has more to it and all that, but DD is just such endlessly rewatchable fun for me. Hmmm...

I'll sadly vote against RBP

(edited)

RBP

I think Double Date is so great. Sookie looks fabulous. Rune is annoyingly amusing, and Luke and Lorelai being couply even before they were one. Perfect.

Edited by lulu1960
(edited)

Double Date.

I love Double Date, but Rory's Birthday Parties just has so much going on! Rory and Dean, Luke and Lorelai, Luke making the coffee cake, the townies, the parents, Emily and Lorelai actually trying to communicate. And of course Fez and Richard discovering what season he is!

Edited by nolieblue

It was an understandably close call, but Double date is our Season One winner! 

S2 will be delightful torture for me; I love nearly all of these episodes to a ridiculous degree :) 

Sadie, Sadie

Hammers and Veils

Red Light on a Wedding Night

The Road Trip to Harvard

Nick and Nora/Sid and Nancy

Presenting Lorelai Gilmore

Like Mother, Like Daughter

The Ins and Outs of Inns

Runaway, Little Boy

The Bracebridge Dinner

Secrets and Loans

Richard in Stars Hollow

A-Tisket, A-Tasket

It Should have Been Lorelai

Lost and Found

There's the Rub

Dead Uncles and Vegetables

Back in the Saddle Again

Teach Me Tonight

Help Wanted

I Can't Get Started

As always, we'll start out by voting against three :) 

CBH, I love PLG and even BiTSA to a ridiculous degree...then again, I feel that was about nearly the whole season, with the exception of:

Sadie, Sadie 

Nick and Nora/Sid and Nancy (Luke's insult to Lorelai was way, way out of line, IMO---and he never even apologized for it!)

The Ins and Outs of Inns (I love Luke as a secret sci-fi geek and wish the show had revisited that more often. I can't stand Mia or the town's inexplicable worship of her, though, and the Sookie/Lorelai fight stresses me out!)  

(edited)
Can't stand Mia either!

Heh---I'm glad I'm not alone! And the more the show tried to clunkily insist just how amazing she is, the more she annoyed me :) 

Sadie, Sadie---ELIMINATED IN ROUND 1

Hammers and Veils

The Road Trip to Harvard

Presenting Lorelai Gilmore---ELIMINATED IN ROUND 1

The Ins and Outs of Inns---ELIMINATED IN ROUND 1

Runaway, Little Boy

The Bracebridge Dinner

Secrets and Loans

Richard in Stars Hollow

A-Tisket, A-Tasket

It Should have Been Lorelai

Lost and Found

There's the Rub

Back in the Saddle Again

Teach Me Tonight

Help Wanted

I Can't Get Started

Hi everyone! The Ins and Outs of Inns, Sadie, Sadie and (*sniff*) Presenting Lorelai Gilmore have been eliminated, and the next round is open! We're still voting against three. 

Argh, this is already hard for me---have I mentioned my obsessive love for S2? ;) I'll go with...:

Nick and Nora 

It Should Have Been Lorelai (though the secret CD drop is gold!) 

Help Wanted (It's a very good episode, just not one that I find myself wanting to watch as often as many others)

Edited by mstaken

Back in the Saddle (people must like this one? Maybe I'm forgetting its finer points, but I just remember Richard's cringeworthy behavior, which for me isn't fun to watch.).

It Should Have Been Lorelai

Help Wanted

Back in the Saddle (people must like this one? Maybe I'm forgetting its finer points, but I just remember Richard's cringeworthy behavior, which for me isn't fun to watch.).

I like it because of the Richard/Paris stuff.  I think they're hilarious together.

I like it because of the Richard/Paris stuff.

Hee---yeah, pretty much :) I also really like the stuff with Michel and his mom. It's just generally one of those episodes that I'm always happily surprised by---it has a lot of great quintessentially GG-esque lines and moments, though, yeah, the scene with Richard at the fair goes embarrassingly over the top! 

• Love 1

Lulu, yes.  Help Wanted is the one where Lorelai helps Richard set up his new office.

And oh!  I always forget that BitSA is the one with Giselle too.  Such goodness.

It Should Have Been Lorelai is history, but we have a three-way tie for the final two spot among Toad Trip to Harvard, Secrets and Loans and Help Wanted. Just vote for the two of these three you want eliminated!

My tiebreaker votes: Secrets and Loans and Help Wanted (I get people's complaints about RttH, but I think it has so many phenomenal scenes and am ridiculously attached to it!) 

Okay, so Secrets and Loans is gone...the next voter to come along has to choose between eliminating either Help Wanted or Road Trip to Harvard! *cue suspenseful music* 

(edited)

Hammers and Veils
The Road Trip to Harvard

Runaway, Little Boy
The Bracebridge Dinner

Secrets and Loans---ELIMINATED ROUND 2
Richard in Stars Hollow
A-Tisket, A-Tasket

It Should have Been Lorelai---ELIMINATED ROUND 2
Lost and Found
There's the Rub
Back in the Saddle Again
Teach Me Tonight

Help Wanted---ELIMINATED ROUND 2
I Can't Get Started

Secrets and Loans and Help Wanted have joined ISHBL on our list of Round 2 casualties, and the net round is open! 

My ugh-this-is-already-impossible votes:

Nick and Nora 

Hammers and Veils (It has a few truly BRILLIANT scenes, but parts of it really irk me---especially the scenes involving Dean)

Lost and Found---inspired by CBF to change! 

Edited by mstaken
(edited)
Nick and Nora is probably my favorite S2 episode.

Oh, there's a lot to love about Nick and Nora---a lot to love about almost every S2 episode, in fact :) I just really can't bear Luke's behavior towards Lorelai in this one, especially since he never even apologizes for it. I guess the writers tried to even things out by having Lorelai treat Luke as unfairly (though not, IMO, quite as meanly) in TMT :) 

And I was THISCLOSE to voting against Lost and Found as well---you may have just inspired me to change one of my votes! I can't join you on ICGS, though...I'm sure it'll go soon because Christopher episodes always do, but I think that one is phenomenally done on so many levels. 

Edited by mstaken

RiSH - I like the storyline, and God himself knows how much I love Gypsy in this one, but they took everything that is ugh about Lorelai and Richard's relationship and jacked it up to the ceiling.  It gets on my nerves.

RttH

H&V - because of the Dean stuff, as usual

Welcome back, Ina! I'm actually surprised you didn't join me in voting against Nick and Nora :) 

Hammers and Veils---ELIMINATED ROUND 3
The Road Trip to Harvard---ELIMINATED ROUND 3
Runaway, Little Boy
The Bracebridge Dinner

Secrets and Loans---ELIMINATED ROUND 2
Richard in Stars Hollow---ELIMINATED IN ROUND 3
A-Tisket, A-Tasket
It Should have Been Lorelai---ELIMINATED ROUND 2
Lost and Found
There's the Rub
Back in the Saddle Again
Teach Me Tonight

Help Wanted---ELIMINATED ROUND 2
I Can't Get Started

Road Trip to Harvard (*SOB*), Richard in SH and Hammers and Veils are history, and the next round is open! We're down to voting against just two :) 

My votes: Nick and Nora and Lost and Found 

Back in the Saddle again is history, but we have a two-way tie for that one remaining spot between Nick and Nora and Lost and Found. Just vote for the one of those two you most want eliminated! I'll try to end this after three :) 

My tiebreaker vote: Nick and Nora  

Aw man, I hate to vote out N&N, because I do love the arrival of Jess, but I like the episode L&F better.  So..... goodbye to Jess' arrival in the devilishly picturesque Stars Hollow!