Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

The majority of us are in agreement that Rory & Dean shenanigans ruin what would otherwise be a perfect episode!  Raincoats & Recipes has been shown the door.

2. Forgiveness & Stuff

6. Dead Uncles & Vegetables

13. Last Week Fights, This Week Tights

I literally love each of these episodes now. Just because I love the fact that it showed that both Rory and Lorelai were there for Luke in DUAV and the fact that I pretty much love everything about LWF,TWT, I have to go for 2. But I still love that episode!!

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Raincoats & Recipes has been shown the door.

33db7a5e25eb8f22709aa5d62894cd33.gif

Voting against 2, but I'm not in love with DUAV either.  

Three of my favorites. What to do?  I'll go with 13 for nebulous reasons but I like 2 because it was pre-romance when the true friendship vibe was the strongest or at least equal to 6.  And there was that horrible Santa burger, too.

Silently squeeing inside that these are our final two contenders -

6. Dead Uncles & Vegetables

13. Last Week Fights, This Week Tights

- but definitely not envious of you guys for actually having to choose.  Good luck!

6 for the win.  Strong chemistry, Lorelai stepping up to be a helper instead of a helpee.  Rory taking charge at the diner.  Droll funeral director (loved him on The West Wing, too).  Good times, good times.

13 with TJ and his ramblings, the stripper in the diner, Tana and her collage.  But, oh, the dance.....that  magical dance.  Sigh.

Edited by Kohola3
I'm an idiot.
  • Love 1

6 to win. I'm so pleased it's still in. I'll admit I've never really sat and thought about a favorite episode, or even a top 5, but I bet if I did - this would be in it. I just adore this episode. 

• Love 1

I love them both but I think I might go for 6 to win just because it was a rare episode where Lorelai and Rory were there for Luke instead of the other way round which was quite refreshing to watch. And seeing the town eventually come together to support Luke was so heartwarming as well. And even Jess helped out a little in the end. I'll always have a soft spot for this episode. ?

• Love 1

6 for the win. I probably have said it once or twice or a million times but DUAV is my favorite episode from the entire series. I love everything about it. Diner talk, townies, Taylor left me twistin', Sookie getting carried away with the over the top wedding plans, Lorelai rushing to the funeral home because the casket lid won't close, the Reenactors, Lorelai with her arm through Luke's. Perfection.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

13 for the win, even if it's a moo point. As much as I love 6 as well, there's really something special about 13. 

Don't get me wrong, I adore 13 too. I will be happy either way. I may have to re-watch these episodes.

• Love 1

I love them both, but I go with 13 to win which I think truly IS my personal favorite episode of the series.

I love everything about it. I even enjoy Liz and TJ in this episode. The wedding is both sweet and funny,  Luke and Jess interaction is wonderful (The tie! The tossing of the deodorant! The 'I came here because of you!' The reciprocation conversation :'I'm here Jess, I'm always here' and the hug!), I'm a sucker for basically any Rory/Jess interaction, and I actually have the possibly unpopular opinion of finding her various interactions with Dean, Jess, and obnoxious college boy to be really interesting and well written.

And then of course, The Waltz. The most magical moment in all of GG for me.

• Love 2

Well it ended up being 4 to 3 on the voting, with this just barely edging out as our favorite episode of all time:

Dead Uncles & Vegetables

Squee!  I love both of these episodes so much, I would have been just as happy had either one of them won.  :)

So, what's next?  Of the suggestions I jotted down last time, I think I'd rather do either Diner Scenes or Inn Scenes next.  What do you guys want to do?

• Love 1

As much as I think you are all wrong due to this game, Dead Uncles and Vegetables is one of the "deeper" episodes, to me.  Like, it's not just one strong plot or one plot with a couple mediocre plots.  I like the troubadour/vegetable grower plot (the cart kiosk/cart kiosk town meeting is a hoot) and I really love Sookie and Emily planning Sookie's wedding.

Ok, a couple of favorite diner scenes which come to mind:

-Luke and Lorelai prep the diner for a paint job, and Luke talks about his father and shows Lorelai the spot where he took an order ..'Let's not spruce this particular spot'-TDDR

-Rory goes to Luke's in the aftermath of the car accident, and gets there just as he's returning from his fishing trip. He invites her in and they talk about Jess: 'Luke, it wasn't his fault', 'I know it wasn't'-Help Wanted

-Luke hires Lane and she begins to work at the diner: 'When it was slow she cleaned the menus... without being asked', 'I don't even know why she took the job, I totally blew the interview'-The Nanny and The Professor

( I realize there's a good chance this will be voted out immediately since it's from the revival, but I actually really love this scene, so I'm going for it)

-Taylor comes into the diner trying to get Luke to offer a testimonial for his proposed change to a sewer system, Luke refuses, and the typical Luke/Taylor banter ensues. Meanwhile, Luke is purposely giving customers fake WiFi passwords as they keep asking. Suddenly Taylor snaps, goes on a Luke-like rant about WiFi, and leaves. Luke follows him out and tells him he'll help him. Snow starts to fall as they wave goodbye to each other-Winter

Edited by Bumblebee Tights

Mimi scene

Dean comes in with a complicated order for Jess

"he must have been a very good boy to deserve such a happy day" scene

Chickory coffee

Emily plays with a girl she assumes is April

April's birthday party

Santa Burger

Paris interrogates Luke on the seedy side of SH

Soccer team wants sponsored

Michel's crazy day

Sookie takes over the diner

Scene where Luke and Taylor are arguing and Rory and Lorelai cannot get Luke's attention. Rory even announces that Lorelai is not wearing underwear. Luke doesn't seem to notice. But as they leave, Luke complains about not leaving a tip, Lorelai retorts "Here's a tip, serve your customers!". Luke comes back with "Here's a tip, don't sit on any metal benches". I think this was season 1, Kiss and Tell.

Diner Scenes it is, yay!  @Bumblebee Tights I actually do like that scene, it cracks me up how Luke keeps giving everyone fake passwords for the wi-fi (and took me way too long to catch onto that, heh) and then later Jess just tears the thing out of the wall for him.  Bahahahah.

1.  Luke and Lorelai prep the diner for a paint job, and Luke talks about his father and shows Lorelai the spot where he took an order ..'Let's not spruce this particular spot'-TDDR

2.  Rory goes to Luke's in the aftermath of the car accident, and gets there just as he's returning from his fishing trip. He invites her in and they talk about Jess: 'Luke, it wasn't his fault', 'I know it wasn't'-Help Wanted

3.  Luke hires Lane and she begins to work at the diner: 'When it was slow she cleaned the menus... without being asked', 'I don't even know why she took the job, I totally blew the interview'-The Nanny and The Professor

4.  Taylor comes into the diner trying to get Luke to offer a testimonial for his proposed change to a sewer system, Luke refuses, and the typical Luke/Taylor banter ensues. Meanwhile, Luke is purposely giving customers fake WiFi passwords as they keep asking. Suddenly Taylor snaps, goes on a Luke-like rant about WiFi, and leaves. Luke follows him out and tells him he'll help him. Snow starts to fall as they wave goodbye to each other-The Revival, Winter

5.  Lorelai comes into the diner, even though she and Luke haven't been speaking to each other, because she needs a friend to talk to.  She is sad that Sherry is going to get to do all the couple-y things with Chris instead of her.  Luke gives her a donut to take home in her purse.  "Come again, Mimi."  (LHCD)

6.  Dean has to order lunch for Taylor's construction crew, Jess is the one at the counter. "Oh, you’re Taylor’s errand boy now." "And you’re Taylor’s waitress." (DEaR)

7.  Lorelai's 'casual Wednesday' date brings his parents to Stars Hollow and run into Lorelai at the diner.  Rory and Luke are surprised by his age. "He must have been a very good boy to deserve such a happy day. I bet they let him ride a pony."  (Run Away, Little Boy)

8.  Caesar takes over the diner for a few days and makes some changes.  Miss Patty wants a cold banana, Kirk wants chickory coffee.  "Come back when you're susceptible to ordering off the menu."  (SCPP)

Emily plays with a girl she assumes is April

April's birthday party

Santa Burger

Paris interrogates Luke on the seedy side of SH

Soccer team wants sponsored

Michel's crazy day

Sookie takes over the diner

Scene where Luke and Taylor are arguing and Rory and Lorelai cannot get Luke's attention. Rory even announces that Lorelai is not wearing underwear. Luke doesn't seem to notice. But as they leave, Luke complains about not leaving a tip, Lorelai retorts "Here's a tip, serve your customers!". Luke comes back with "Here's a tip, don't sit on any metal benches". I think this was season 1, Kiss and Tell.

(Time to take the boys to school, I'll work more on the list in a little bit.)

Taylor brings the scouts in and Like asks if they are gluing rocks together. "Do you have a sister? " My condolences."

How many cups of coffee have you had?" "None ... Plus five. But yours are better." "Junkie." "Angel. You've got wings, Baby."

Lorelai and Luke watch the Christmas procession. Lorelai has given Luke the blue hat.

The get-together after Louie's funeral. They did it for Luke. DUAV

Lorelai and her diner talk. She four/fourths doesn't care. DUAV

Brandon and his butt napkins.

Lorelai and Sookie have their 'war room' in the diner. "You can not gather here." 'You like my hair like this?" Yes, You can not gather here." Wow, sleeping with you is getting me nothing." Tippecanoe and Taylor too

Luke sits in the diner with his tiny TV and laments about family. Lorelai tells him he'll regret it if he allows Jess to freeze. Family Matters.

Luke tells Lorelai her jeans are working for her – and him! (Written in the Stars)

Emily storms into the diner, demanding that Luke make up with Lorelai. (So…Good Talk)

Emily storms in the diner (again) berating Luke for not talking to Lorelai making Luke a big fan of speed dial. (Pulp Fiction)

The angst over the breast feeding mother in the diner.  (Eight O’Clock at the Oasis)

The girls unload the bags of crap they bought at the mall with Emily and fight over the only free item.  (Scene at the Mall)

Kirk loves the burned toast “with a Cajun twist”. . (So…Good Talk)

Lorelai announces to the town that she and Luke slept together by going for coffee wearing nothing but Luke’s shirt.  (Written in the Stars)

When Jess wears a Luke outfit - "I thought this was the uniform". 

When Lorelai gets to use the "fun cutter thingy" and talks Rachel up to Luke. 

Kirk trying to sell his "Babette Ate Oatmeal" shirts. 

Luke's "I'm not good at hugging" awkward hug when he finds out Rory got into Harvard, Princeton, and Yale. 

Kirk trying to secretly feed a dog in his bag. 

The end of the first episode mirroring the end of the finale - GG talking while Luke works in the background. (not sure if this should count, but I couldn't help myself.)

When Lorelai asks Luke to come out to her engagement party. 

Taylor arguing with the Rabbi and Reverend about letting The Town Loner do his demonstration on the church steps. "Do you have a God phone, Taylor?"

Jess serving Rory and Lorelai under an umbrella during construction. 

Okay I know we could do dozens more but I think 40 is enough LOL.  Let's start voting against three!

Diner Scenes

1.  Luke and Lorelai prep the diner for a paint job, and Luke talks about his father and shows Lorelai the spot where he took an order ..'Let's not spruce this particular spot'-TDDR

2.  Rory goes to Luke's in the aftermath of the car accident, and gets there just as he's returning from his fishing trip. He invites her in and they talk about Jess: 'Luke, it wasn't his fault', 'I know it wasn't'-Help Wanted

3.  Luke hires Lane and she begins to work at the diner: 'When it was slow she cleaned the menus... without being asked', 'I don't even know why she took the job, I totally blew the interview'-The Nanny and The Professor

4.  Taylor comes into the diner trying to get Luke to offer a testimonial for his proposed change to a sewer system, Luke refuses, and the typical Luke/Taylor banter ensues. Meanwhile, Luke is purposely giving customers fake WiFi passwords as they keep asking. Suddenly Taylor snaps, goes on a Luke-like rant about WiFi, and leaves. Luke follows him out and tells him he'll help him. Snow starts to fall as they wave goodbye to each other-The Revival, Winter

5.  Lorelai comes into the diner, even though she and Luke haven't been speaking to each other, because she needs a friend to talk to.  She is sad that Sherry is going to get to do all the couple-y things with Chris instead of her.  Luke gives her a donut to take home in her purse.  "Come again, Mimi."  (LHCD)

6.  Dean has to order lunch for Taylor's construction crew, Jess is the one at the counter. "Oh, you’re Taylor’s errand boy now." "And you’re Taylor’s waitress." (DEaR)

7.  Lorelai's 'casual Wednesday' date brings his parents to Stars Hollow and run into Lorelai at the diner.  Rory and Luke are surprised by his age. "He must have been a very good boy to deserve such a happy day. I bet they let him ride a pony."  (Run Away, Little Boy)

8.  Caesar takes over the diner for a few days and makes some changes.  Miss Patty wants a cold banana, Kirk wants chickory coffee.  "Come back when you're susceptible to ordering off the menu."  (SCPP)

9.  Richard and Emily come to SH to look at houses, Emily plays cards with a girl she assumes is April.  "Sissy and I are playing Go Fish."  (TRPA)

10.  Lorelai helps Luke throw April a birthday party.  They watch Pretty In Pink.  "All right, girls, um, you're about to meet someone very special to me. Her name is Molly Ringwald."  (SCPP)

11.  Luke makes Lorelai a Santa Burger because she's sad about being uninvited to Christmas dinner.  "You wanted something festive."  (F&S)

12.  Paris interrogates Luke about the seedy underbelly of SH.  "Reverend Nichols, huh? What is that, like Dr. Feelgood?"  (RiSH)

13.  Megan and Tilly ask Luke to sponsor their soccer team.  Lorelai is surprised and disappointed when he turns them down.  "Wow, Oliver Twist just kindly asked for a little more gruel, and you kicked him right in the junk."  (Balalaikas)

14.  Michel meets Lorelai at the diner to discuss a designer for the Inn.  She offers to take him somewhere else for lunch, but it's his 'crazy day'.  He wants to know about Luke's chocolate cake.  (TFTA)

15.  Sookie takes over the diner when the Inn burns down.  She and Luke accidentally create Cajun Eggs Benedict when he knocks cayenne pepper into her hollandaise sauce.  "We can win the Nobel here."  (ATOPAF)

16.  Luke and Taylor are arguing over Thanksgiving decorations, Rory and Lorelai cannot get Luke's attention. Rory announces that Lorelai is not wearing underwear, nobody reacts.  The girls get their own muffins and leave, Luke comments about a lack of tip. "Here's a tip, serve your customers!" "Here's another, don't sit on any cold benches." (Kiss and Tell)

17.  Taylor brings the Scouts in. Luke is annoyed and says their 'survival skills course' was them sitting under a tree gluing rocks together. Liz calls. Luke asks Lorelai if she has a sister. One of the Scouts does.  "You have my sympathies." "Thanks, I appreciate that." (N&N, S&N)

18.  "How many cups of coffee have you had?" "None." "Plus?" "Five. But yours is better." "Junkie." "Angel. You've got wings, Baby." (Pilot)

19.  Lorelai and Luke watch the rehearsal for the Christmas procession. Lorelai gives Luke the blue hat. "Looks good on you."  "Good how?"  (F&S)

20.  The townies all show up and share stories about Uncle Louie. "Don’t you have wakes for people you like?" "I think it might be for you."  (DUAV)

21.  Lorelai and Rory run the diner while Luke takes care of funeral arrangements. Lorelai makes up diner talk. Kirk wants his coffee a quarter-caff. Lorelai four/fourths doesn't care.  (DUAV)

22.  Luke hires Brennon to help out in the diner.  Customers complain because he's gross.  He gives Kirk a butt napkin. "Have you heard about the frog, the hands, and the sandwich?" "No, but I heard about the rabbi, the priest, and the duck." (TKBNO)

23.  Lorelai and Sookie have their 'war room' in the diner. "You cannot gather here." "You like my hair like this?" "Yes, and you cannot gather here." "Wow, sleeping with you is getting me nothing." (Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too)

24.  Lorelai and Rory find Jess sleeping in his freezing car outside of the diner. Lorelai goes in to talk to Luke about it. He gripes about families and how much trouble they are. "I'm sorry you're so upset. I just don't want you to have to deal with the frozen carcass in the morning."  (A Family Matter)

25.  Luke tells Lorelai her jeans are really working for her. "They're working for me, too."  (Written in the Stars)

26.  Emily comes into the diner and tells Luke to make up with Lorelai. "She wants you, Luke. She’s made her choice, G-d help her, but there it is. It doesn’t matter if I agree with it, I can’t fight it. You’ve won. Go back to her. I promise I will stay out of it."  (So…Good Talk)

27.  Emily storms in the diner, assuming that Luke and Lorelai have not made up since Lorelai still is not speaking to her. Luke calls Lorelai, who comes to his rescue. "Well, I gotta say, suddenly a big fan of speed-dial." (Pulp Fiction)

28.  A mother is breastfeeding in the diner. Luke wants Lorelai to go tell her to stop. "You have the same parts . . . you shouldn't be scared of it."  (Eight O’Clock at the Oasis)

29.  The girls unload the bags of crap Emily bought them a3nd fight over the only free item. They serve themselves coffee and pie. Lorelai gives Luke a rosebud.  (Scene in a Mall)

30.  Kirk loves the blackened Cajun bread Luke served him and takes a plate of unidentified breakfast food after customers leave without eating.  (So…Good Talk)

31.  Lorelai announces to the town that she and Luke slept together by going for coffee wearing nothing but Luke’s shirt. "You wear crazy outfits all the time." "They usually include pants."  (Written in the Stars)

32.  Jess wears a flannel shirt and backwards baseball cap to work after Luke complains about his clothes. "I thought this was the uniform." (PLG)

33.  Lorelai follows Luke into the storage room, uses the "fun cutter thingy" and talks Rachel up. Luke tells her not to get too attached. (Emily in Wonderland)

34.  Kirk is selling t-shirts he printed.  Babette Ate Oatmeal.  Faux Poes Foes.  (ATOPAF)  (My daughter has one of the Faux Poes Foes shirts, btw.  She loves it.)

35.  Luke finds out Rory got into Harvard, Princeton, and Yale.  He sort of awkwardly puts her in a headlock. "I'm not good at hugging."  (ATOPAF)

36.  Kirk sneaks Lulu's dog into the diner in a man purse. He lies that he's looking for his Lucky magazine. The dog bites him. "Ow! . . . Paper cut." (Scene in a Mall)

37.  The girls chat while Luke walks around working in the background. All is right in our little corner of the world. (Pilot, Bon Voyage)

38.  Lorelai comes in and asks Luke to come out to her engagement party. "It's a really big night for me tonight, and I don't know, it just feels like you should be there."  (Hammers & Veils)

39.  Taylor arguing with the Rabbi and Reverend about letting The Town Loner do his demonstration on the church steps. "Do you have a God phone, Taylor?"  (Take the Deviled Eggs)

40.  Tom's doing construction on the diner. Jess brings Rory an umbrella to protect her from the falling sheetrock. "Oh, you are really funny. You and Tom should put an act together . . . I'd leave it open."  (There's The Rub)

24 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I agree about the breastfeeding comments. Grow up. 

You have to admit the expression on Jess's face and his abrupt about-face was hilarious.  And I hated Jess!

• Love 2

6, 8, 28 are the first ones out! I admit I have a soft spot for 6, it's one of the few times the Jess/Dean bickering was actually funny rather than just tiring and OTT. Plus I can't believe Jess set himself up for the 'talk into the clown' 'I am' crack. He must not have been on top of his game that day. Heh.

Continue to vote against three!

Diner Scenes

9.  Richard and Emily come to SH to look at houses, Emily plays cards with a girl she assumes is April.  "Sissy and I are playing Go Fish."  (TRPA)

10.  Lorelai helps Luke throw April a birthday party.  They watch Pretty In Pink.  "All right, girls, um, you're about to meet someone very special to me. Her name is Molly Ringwald."  (SCPP)

11.  Luke makes Lorelai a Santa Burger because she's sad about being uninvited to Christmas dinner.  "You wanted something festive."  (F&S)

12.  Paris interrogates Luke about the seedy underbelly of SH.  "Reverend Nichols, huh? What is that, like Dr. Feelgood?"  (RiSH)

13.  Megan and Tilly ask Luke to sponsor their soccer team.  Lorelai is surprised and disappointed when he turns them down.  "Wow, Oliver Twist just kindly asked for a little more gruel, and you kicked him right in the junk."  (Balalaikas)

14.  Michel meets Lorelai at the diner to discuss a designer for the Inn.  She offers to take him somewhere else for lunch, but it's his 'crazy day'.  He wants to know about Luke's chocolate cake.  (TFTA)

15.  Sookie takes over the diner when the Inn burns down.  She and Luke accidentally create Cajun Eggs Benedict when he knocks cayenne pepper into her hollandaise sauce.  "We can win the Nobel here."  (ATOPAF)

16.  Luke and Taylor are arguing over Thanksgiving decorations, Rory and Lorelai cannot get Luke's attention. Rory announces that Lorelai is not wearing underwear, nobody reacts.  The girls get their own muffins and leave, Luke comments about a lack of tip. "Here's a tip, serve your customers!" "Here's another, don't sit on any cold benches." (Kiss and Tell)

17.  Taylor brings the Scouts in. Luke is annoyed and says their 'survival skills course' was them sitting under a tree gluing rocks together. Liz calls. Luke asks Lorelai if she has a sister. One of the Scouts does.  "You have my sympathies." "Thanks, I appreciate that." (N&N, S&N)

18.  "How many cups of coffee have you had?" "None." "Plus?" "Five. But yours is better." "Junkie." "Angel. You've got wings, Baby." (Pilot)

19.  Lorelai and Luke watch the rehearsal for the Christmas procession. Lorelai gives Luke the blue hat. "Looks good on you."  "Good how?"  (F&S)

20.  The townies all show up and share stories about Uncle Louie. "Don’t you have wakes for people you like?" "I think it might be for you."  (DUAV)

21.  Lorelai and Rory run the diner while Luke takes care of funeral arrangements. Lorelai makes up diner talk. Kirk wants his coffee a quarter-caff. Lorelai four/fourths doesn't care.  (DUAV)

22.  Luke hires Brennon to help out in the diner.  Customers complain because he's gross.  He gives Kirk a butt napkin. "Have you heard about the frog, the hands, and the sandwich?" "No, but I heard about the rabbi, the priest, and the duck." (TKBNO)

23.  Lorelai and Sookie have their 'war room' in the diner. "You cannot gather here." "You like my hair like this?" "Yes, and you cannot gather here." "Wow, sleeping with you is getting me nothing." (Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too)

24.  Lorelai and Rory find Jess sleeping in his freezing car outside of the diner. Lorelai goes in to talk to Luke about it. He gripes about families and how much trouble they are. "I'm sorry you're so upset. I just don't want you to have to deal with the frozen carcass in the morning."  (A Family Matter)

25.  Luke tells Lorelai her jeans are really working for her. "They're working for me, too."  (Written in the Stars)

26.  Emily comes into the diner and tells Luke to make up with Lorelai. "She wants you, Luke. She’s made her choice, G-d help her, but there it is. It doesn’t matter if I agree with it, I can’t fight it. You’ve won. Go back to her. I promise I will stay out of it."  (So…Good Talk)

27.  Emily storms in the diner, assuming that Luke and Lorelai have not made up since Lorelai still is not speaking to her. Luke calls Lorelai, who comes to his rescue. "Well, I gotta say, suddenly a big fan of speed-dial." (Pulp Fiction)

29.  The girls unload the bags of crap Emily bought them a3nd fight over the only free item. They serve themselves coffee and pie. Lorelai gives Luke a rosebud.  (Scene in a Mall)

30.  Kirk loves the blackened Cajun bread Luke served him and takes a plate of unidentified breakfast food after customers leave without eating.  (So…Good Talk)

31.  Lorelai announces to the town that she and Luke slept together by going for coffee wearing nothing but Luke’s shirt. "You wear crazy outfits all the time." "They usually include pants."  (Written in the Stars)

32.  Jess wears a flannel shirt and backwards baseball cap to work after Luke complains about his clothes. "I thought this was the uniform." (PLG)

33.  Lorelai follows Luke into the storage room, uses the "fun cutter thingy" and talks Rachel up. Luke tells her not to get too attached. (Emily in Wonderland)

34.  Kirk is selling t-shirts he printed.  Babette Ate Oatmeal.  Faux Poes Foes.  (ATOPAF)  (My daughter has one of the Faux Poes Foes shirts, btw.  She loves it.)

35.  Luke finds out Rory got into Harvard, Princeton, and Yale.  He sort of awkwardly puts her in a headlock. "I'm not good at hugging."  (ATOPAF)

36.  Kirk sneaks Lulu's dog into the diner in a man purse. He lies that he's looking for his Lucky magazine. The dog bites him. "Ow! . . . Paper cut." (Scene in a Mall)

37.  The girls chat while Luke walks around working in the background. All is right in our little corner of the world. (Pilot, Bon Voyage)

38.  Lorelai comes in and asks Luke to come out to her engagement party. "It's a really big night for me tonight, and I don't know, it just feels like you should be there."  (Hammers & Veils)

39.  Taylor arguing with the Rabbi and Reverend about letting The Town Loner do his demonstration on the church steps. "Do you have a God phone, Taylor?"  (Take the Deviled Eggs)

40.  Tom's doing construction on the diner. Jess brings Rory an umbrella to protect her from the falling sheetrock. "Oh, you are really funny. You and Tom should put an act together . . . I'd leave it open."  (There's The Rub)