Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

17 out!

Favorite Best Parenting Moments

14.  Emily asks Chris to leave the house when she sees how upset Lorelai is over him being there.  "You know, you need a mask and a horse when you do that."

19.  Mrs. Kim goes to visit Lane in the apartment she shares with Zach and Brian.  "This, we'll clean up. Window will be fixed. Temporary fridge. You two are girls. I'll have tea now."

If only we could have a tie.

!4 is great because it was Emily at her finest.  Coming to the defense of her daughter when she needed it most.  But Emily could turn on a dime (the whole Rory not coming home after the dance debacle) so who knows how she'd be the next day.  She might somehow turn it back on Lorelai and make the whole Christopher thing Lorelai's fault, especially since marriage was top of her list for years.

Mrs. Kim was consistent but also willing to bend when her daughter's happiness depended on it.  Poor Dave reading the whole Bible when it was a Shakespeare quote but Mrs. K stuck to her word and let Lane go to the prom.  And the shots in the kitchen with advice to move on.  And planning the tour.

So in the end, for the win I say 19 for best parenting.

• Love 2

Apologies for the spotty updates, I spent a couple of days in the hospital after a seizure.  :/  

Although it's good that it gave @deaja time to sneak in and vote so now we have a tie and I can declare 19 the winner!  Huzzah!

Favorite Best Parenting Moment

Mrs. Kim goes to visit Lane in the apartment she shares with Zach and Brian.  "This, we'll clean up. Window will be fixed. Temporary fridge. You two are girls. I'll have tea now."

• Love 1

I think lulu may be the only one who is on my Facebook and has a chance to know that my father also passed away this week.  Go ahead and start listing your LEAST favorite parenting moments and I'll put together a game in a few days.

Oh, Taryn! I’m so sorry!! 

3 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

I think lulu may be the only one who is on my Facebook and has a chance to know that my father also passed away this week.  Go ahead and start listing your LEAST favorite parenting moments and I'll put together a game in a few days.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

Hun, I'm sorry. That is just awful. Too much going on at once. Take care of yourself. 

I concur with the hiatus.

• Love 1

I need to put 2018 behind me in the WORST way so let's get the game going. 

Start listing your LEAST favorite parenting moments (as in, we'll start out voting out the ones that aren't great but not too bad, and end up with the truly awful parenting moments as the "winners") and I'll start putting a game together.

1.  Lorelai makes a joke out of Rory getting arrested.  "Rory, the penal system is not something we enjoy, It’s something with a name that makes us giggle."

2.  Straub and Francine act as though Christopher has no responsibilities toward a pregnant Lorelai.  "They are in this together." "I don’t see why. Why should Christopher sacrifice everything we’ve planned for him just because --" "Choose your words extremely carefully, Straub."

Chris and Lorelli have sex on the balcony without making sure Rory was ok. 

Emily tears into Lorelai over divorcing Chris (clothed in passive aggression about the reception)

Emily acts like Lorelai has never been to Friday Night Dinner in Kropogs

Shira goes to a spa when Logan is in the ICU; Mitchum doesn’t visit

Paris’ parents leave her broke

Sookie and Jackson yell at Davey to turn down the tv.

Lorelai’s behavior in Road Trip to Harvard- refusing to talk to Rory, convincing her to go in a random dorm room, etc.

Emily blaming Lorelai for the Pennilynn Lott incident in Ted Koppel’s night out

1.  Lorelai makes a joke out of Rory getting arrested.  "Rory, the penal system is not something we enjoy, It’s something with a name that makes us giggle."

2.  Straub and Francine act as though Christopher has no responsibilities toward a pregnant Lorelai.  "They are in this together." "I don’t see why. Why should Christopher sacrifice everything we’ve planned for him just because --" "Choose your words extremely carefully, Straub."

3.  Chris and Lorelai escape to the balcony for sex and leave Rory to face the aftermath of the horrid FND with the Haydens and Gilmores alone.  "That was a memorable evening."

4.  Emily spends all of FND with Logan taking passive/aggressive swipes at Lorelai.  "You’ll have to excuse Lorelai, Logan. It takes a certain eye to be aware of this kind of thing."

5.  Logan is in the ICU.  Shira goes to a spa.  Mitchum doesn't come by until Rory tears into him on the phone.  "Mitchum Huntzberger? Yes, it's Rory Gilmore. I just thought I'd call and remind you that Logan is lying in a hospital bed with a partially collapsed lung and a whole host of other potentially life-threatening injuries. And I'm figuring a guy like you, surrounded by nothing but a bunch of terrified sycophants might not have someone in his life with the guts to tell him what an incredibly selfish, narcissistic ass he's being, so I thought I'd jump on in. Swallow your pride, get in your car, and come down here and see your son, now!"

6.  Paris' parents are in trouble with the IRS and have left her broke.  "My ATM refused me. I thought it was just that particular one. So I went to another, and it refused me, too. So I went to the bank and used a few choice expletives, and a bunch of guys in suits started closing in on me. So I started pacing and yelling, 'Attica! Attica!' and then the manager hit a little red button under his desk, so I ran out of there and came right over here."

7.  Sookie and Jackson continually yell at Davey to turn down the TV.  "You heard me son, volume down!"  "Volume down!"

8.  Lorelai drags Rory on a road trip to Harvard and refuses to talk to her about what happened with Max.  They saunter onto campus like they own the place.  "We're gonna get in trouble." "You're such a worrywart."

9.  Emily blames Lorelai for finding out Richard has been having lunch with Pennilyn Lott for all these years.  "I wouldn't have known! If you hadn't talked to her, I wouldn't have known, and everything would have been fine!"

54 minutes ago, deaja said:

Emily tears into Lorelai over divorcing Chris (clothed in passive aggression about the reception)

Any idea what episode this is from?  I skimmed all of them from FMP on and didn't see it.

4 hours ago, deaja said:

I want to say it is “I am kayak, hear me roar.”

Hmm, no, their conversation in Kayak was actually pretty pleasant. Are you maybe thinking about I'd Rather Be In Philadelphia, before Lorelai and Chris actually broke it off?

EMILY: Yes and what do you know about being a wife? You've been married for what -- 40 days? That's nothing. Your father and I have been married for over 40 years. For 2/3 of my life, I have been the wife of Richard Gilmore. I run his household. I plan his meals. I buy his clothes, entertain his business associates. When he loses his reading glasses, I find them. When he wants a nightcap. I make it for him. If he can't remember the name of a colleague's wife, I whisper it in his ear. That's what I do -- I take care of him. That's my job. That's who I am. If I could be performing his surgery right now, I would be, but I can't -- it's out of my hands. It's out of my hands, and there's nothing I can do but wait. I could lose him, Lorelai. He's my whole life, and there's nothing I can do!

I’m not a season 7 expert. :) Let me research. Because I don’t think the Philadelphia part was bad parenting, and I know it is at breakfast the day after she’s supportive.

39 minutes ago, deaja said:

I’m not a season 7 expert. :) Let me research. Because I don’t think the Philadelphia part was bad parenting, and I know it is at breakfast the day after she’s supportive.

Ha ha, I've only seen most of S7 once.

Here's Emily and Lorelai's conversation after Emily found out about the L/C split in Kayak --

EMILY: [Sighs] I don't know how I'm gonna do all this.

LORELAI: Mom, what are you talking about you just click, click, click. You got it all down.

EMILY: Now, but I barely understand what you've been telling me. This is your father’s job.

LORELAI: Well, he'll be back on the job soon enough. 

EMILY: I don't know. Have you seen him? He’s wearing a dressing gown.

LORELAI: I know he’s watching TV in the bedroom. I know, mom. You've got to give the guy a break. You know he’s not gonna watch TV in the bedroom forever.

EMILY: No. No, he’s not.

LORELAI: Oh, my god, I don't mean he’s gonna die.

EMILY: What are you telling me? That he’s going to live forever? That he’s immortal? Is that what you’re telling me.

LORELAI: No, I'm just saying, with time, you know...

EMILY: It’s like a canoe.

LORELAI: What’s like a canoe?

EMILY: Life.

LORELAI: Okay.

EMILY: You're just paddling along in a canoe.

LORELAI: Mother, have you ever been in a canoe?

EMILY: Lorelai.

LORELAI: Well I just can't picture you in a canoe.

EMILY: Your father and I have been paddling a canoe together for years. Only now, he’s dropped the paddle.

LORELAI: Ahh!

EMILY: He just dropped it. Not only that, but now the canoe is going in circles.

LORELAI: Ah!

EMILY: Without your father there, I'm paddling on my side and the canoe is spinning in circles, and the harder I paddle, the faster it spins, and it’s hard work, and I'm getting tired.

LORELAI: Dizzy, I would think.

EMILY: You are in a kayak. You know how to do all of this.

LORELAI: How does that put me in a kayak?

EMILY: Kayaks have paddles with things on both ends. You steer it by yourself.

LORELAI: Mom, you know how to do things by yourself. You are totally capable.

EMILY: Sure, I went to Smith, and I was a history major, but I never had any plans to be an historian. I was always going to be a wife. I mean, the way I saw it, a woman’s job was to run a home, organize the social life of a family, and bolster her husband while he earned a living. It was a good system, and it was working very well all these years. Only when your husband isn't there because he’s watching television in a dressing gown, you realize how dependent you are. I didn't even know I owned windmills.

LORELAI: Mom, now you know, and you know how to right-click.

EMILY: But you. You provide for yourself. You're not dependent on anyone.

LORELAI: Hmm.

EMILY: You're independent.

LORELAI: I am kayak, hear me roar.

EMILY: I mean, look at you. For all these years, you've done very well without a husband.

LORELAI: Maybe so, but I still wanted it to work out.

EMILY: You know, the way I was raised, if a married couple split up, it was a disaster, because it meant the system had fallen apart, and it was particularly bad for the woman because she had to go out and find herself another rich husband, only she was older now. But with you, it’s not such a disaster, is it?

LORELAI: I guess not.

EMILY: I mean It’s really not such a horrible thing that you're going to get a divorce, not really. Oh, you're gonna be fine.

[Lorelai flinches a little as Emily rubs her shoulder]

LORELAI: [very quite] Thanks, mom.

EMILY: You may even marry someone else someday. Who knows?

LORELAI: [Snorts] Who knows? [Sighs]

and then at breakfast the next morning --

GILMORE MANSION – DINNING ROOM
[Emily is reading the paper and Lorelai enters]

LORELAI: Good morning.

EMILY: Good morning. Would you like some coffee?

LORELAI: Yes. Oh, I woke up this morning, and I've got to say, for the first time in my life, I got where the teetotalers are coming from. If I had a hatchet and a barrel of booze, forget about it.

EMILY: Hmm.

LORELAI: What are you up to today?

EMILY: Today? I'm going to attend a D.A.R. Lecture on native American art work. Then I have a lunch with Sarah Montgomery Brown and Melissa Seria, [sounding annoyed] and, of course, I'll have my hands full canceling the party. I've already called the florist and the hall. We'll only get 60% of our deposit back, but that’s better than nothing.

LORELAI: [Inhales deeply] I should go. I need time to change before I have to go to the inn.

EMILY: Fine. [Lorelai starts to leave] Thank you for your help with the Quicken last night.

LORELAI: [Sighs] You're welcome.

So it was the part about “better than nothing.” Like in print it sounds like she’s being pleasant. But it was a really biting, mean tone. So it was like “one step forward, one step back.” 

But it doesn’t have to be included. I was just throwing scenes out there. :)

From Rory's Dance when Emily says  "She's gonna ruin everything just like you did."

From Afterboom:  "I am tired of this, Lorelai. You've shown absolutely no concern about what happens to me, what happens to your mother. The only thing you care about is what happens to your boyfriend. And the worst part of it... is that I never expected you to act any differently."

In season 3, when Lorelai was so proud of the fact that Rory caused two guys to fight and do a ton of property damage.

In Deer Hunters, when Lorelai had a non-licensed Rory drive herself to Chilton and then burst into the school yelling when she missed her test.

9 minutes ago, deaja said:

So it was the part about “better than nothing.” Like in print it sounds like she’s being pleasant. But it was a really biting, mean tone. So it was like “one step forward, one step back.” 

But it doesn’t have to be included. I was just throwing scenes out there. :)

Ah, got it.  I barely remembered the scene at all, but I do remember viewers being frustrated that the conversation from the night before had been seemingly forgotten.  I'll include it.

3.  Chris and Lorelai escape to the balcony for sex and leave Rory to face the aftermath of the horrid FND with the Haydens and Gilmores alone.  "That was a memorable evening."

4.  Emily spends all of FND with Logan taking passive/aggressive swipes at Lorelai.  "You’ll have to excuse Lorelai, Logan. It takes a certain eye to be aware of this kind of thing."

5.  Logan is in the ICU.  Shira goes to a spa.  Mitchum doesn't come by until Rory tears into him on the phone.  "Mitchum Huntzberger? Yes, it's Rory Gilmore. I just thought I'd call and remind you that Logan is lying in a hospital bed with a partially collapsed lung and a whole host of other potentially life-threatening injuries. And I'm figuring a guy like you, surrounded by nothing but a bunch of terrified sycophants might not have someone in his life with the guts to tell him what an incredibly selfish, narcissistic ass he's being, so I thought I'd jump on in. Swallow your pride, get in your car, and come down here and see your son, now!"

6.  Paris' parents are in trouble with the IRS and have left her broke.  "My ATM refused me. I thought it was just that particular one. So I went to another, and it refused me, too. So I went to the bank and used a few choice expletives, and a bunch of guys in suits started closing in on me. So I started pacing and yelling, 'Attica! Attica!' and then the manager hit a little red button under his desk, so I ran out of there and came right over here."

7.  Sookie and Jackson continually yell at Davey to turn down the TV.  "You heard me son, volume down!"  "Volume down!"

8.  Lorelai drags Rory on a road trip to Harvard and refuses to talk to her about what happened with Max.  They saunter onto campus like they own the place.  "We're gonna get in trouble." "You're such a worrywart."

9.  Emily blames Lorelai for finding out Richard has been having lunch with Pennilyn Lott for all these years.  "I wouldn't have known! If you hadn't talked to her, I wouldn't have known, and everything would have been fine!"

10.  Emily yells at Lorelai when Rory accidentally stays out all night after her dance.  "She's doing the same thing you did." "No she's not." "She's going to get pregnant." "No she's not." "She's gonna ruin everything just like you did." "No she's not, no she's not, no she's not!"

11.  Lorelai then turns around and yells at Rory for accidentally staying out all night after her dance.  "Do you have any idea what it's like to wake up with my mother here and find out that you never came home?"

12.  Richard refuses to reconsider the way he's gone back into business with Floyd and tossed Jason out to the dogs.  "I am tired of this, Lorelai. You've shown absolutely no concern about what happens to me, what happens to your mother. The only thing you care about is what happens to your boyfriend. And the worst part of it...is that I never expected you to act any differently."

13.  Lorelai is proud that Dean and Jess got into a fight over Rory and completely trashed Kyle's house.  "This fence is broken because of you, this crap is on the ground because of you." "What's your point?" "Did you ever know that you're my hero?"

14.  Lorelai shows up at Chilton acting a fool when Rory isn't allowed to take her test after oversleeping and arriving to school late.  "You sit up here in your snotty little school that’s in desperate need of some extra heating vents and you nurture horrible kids who treat each other like mortal enemies. You set impossible standards that make normal people feel less than everyone else. And you take a great kid like Rory and you tear her apart!"

15.  Emily makes a passive/aggressive swipe at Lorelai over having to cancel the wedding reception now that Chris and Lorelai are divorcing so soon.  "Of course, I'll have my hands full canceling the party. I've already called the florist and the hall. We'll only get 60% of our deposit back, but that’s better than nothing."

16.  Lorelai dates Max.  "That man on the porch was your teacher."  "Mom, I'm a little behind in school, but not so far behind that I don't know who the teacher is."

Edited by Taryn74

Chris's entire relationship with Rory? Sorry, maybe that's being unfair. Still though....

-Chris makes a promise to Rory at Sookie's wedding that he's serious about not letting she and Lorelai down. Moments later, he gets the phone call that Sherry's pregnant, and leaves without discussing this with Rory, leaving it up to Lorelai

-Chris makes a big deal out of telling Rory to pick out anything at Andrew's in Christopher returns, then when she picks the Oxford dictionary his CC is declined and he asks her not to tell Lorelai about it. She doesn't, but when Lorelai finds out anyway, Chris tells Lorelai that he can't believe she "ratted him out"

-After Rory asks Chris to stay away from Lorelai so that he won't get between Lorelai and Luke (which he eventually does anyway, by the way), and Lorelai invites him to lunch, he goes and gets defensive with Rory when she calls him on it "I'm your father kid, I think that demands a little bit of respect" 

-Chris is surprised when Lorelai tells him that Rory had left Yale for a bit, which means that he did not speak to his daughter once during that entire stretch of time.

-When Rory goes to speak to Chris in the revival and asks him if he regrets not being in her life, he takes no accountability and says something to the effect of "there was no getting in between you and your mom"

Like I said, I may be biased, sorry.

Also

-Richard and Emily go behind Lorelai's back and agree to take in Rory after the boat incident, despite knowing that it goes against Lorelai's wishes and without speaking to her first, then blindside her with it at dinner.

-Lorelai kisses Max at Chilton

-Liz doesn't want Jess to come home for Winter Break after he's been staying with Luke for a bit ("Luke told me it was his idea. It wasn't his idea")

-

Edited by Bumblebee Tights
Added more

10.  Emily yells at Lorelai when Rory accidentally stays out all night after her dance.  "She's doing the same thing you did." "No she's not." "She's going to get pregnant." "No she's not." "She's gonna ruin everything just like you did." "No she's not, no she's not, no she's not!"

11.  Lorelai then turns around and yells at Rory for accidentally staying out all night after her dance.  "Do you have any idea what it's like to wake up with my mother here and find out that you never came home?"

12.  Richard refuses to reconsider the way he's gone back into business with Floyd and tossed Jason out to the dogs.  "I am tired of this, Lorelai. You've shown absolutely no concern about what happens to me, what happens to your mother. The only thing you care about is what happens to your boyfriend. And the worst part of it...is that I never expected you to act any differently."

13.  Lorelai is proud that Dean and Jess got into a fight over Rory and completely trashed Kyle's house.  "This fence is broken because of you, this crap is on the ground because of you." "What's your point?" "Did you ever know that you're my hero?"

14.  Lorelai shows up at Chilton acting a fool when Rory isn't allowed to take her test after oversleeping and arriving to school late.  "You sit up here in your snotty little school that’s in desperate need of some extra heating vents and you nurture horrible kids who treat each other like mortal enemies. You set impossible standards that make normal people feel less than everyone else. And you take a great kid like Rory and you tear her apart!"

15.  Emily makes a passive/aggressive swipe at Lorelai over having to cancel the wedding reception now that Chris and Lorelai are divorcing so soon.  "Of course, I'll have my hands full canceling the party. I've already called the florist and the hall. We'll only get 60% of our deposit back, but that’s better than nothing."

16.  Lorelai dates Max.  "That man on the porch was your teacher."  "Mom, I'm a little behind in school, but not so far behind that I don't know who the teacher is."

17.  Chris promises Rory that he's committed to being there for the girls this time.  Moments later, he finds out Sherry is pregnant and leaves Sookie's wedding after only talking to Lorelai.  "You'll tell Rory?" "I will."

18.  Chris tells Rory to pick out anything she wants at Andrew's bookstore.  She picks out the Compact Oxford English Dictionary.  Chris is embarrassed when his credit card is declined and asks Rory not to tell Lorelai about it.  She finds out anyway and later brings it up.  "Oh man, I told Rory not to rat me out. I can’t believe she did that." "She didn’t. Andrew from the bookstore called and Jackson and the UPS guy and ooh it was the lead story on the Stars Hollow web page. And then I asked Rory and she very reluctantly confirmed it. ‘Rat me out’ what are you - sixteen?"

19.  Lorelai invites Chris to lunch, not knowing that Rory has asked him to stay away from her so he doesn't screw things up between her and Luke. Rory is angry when she finds out, Chris is defensive.  "I'm your father, kid, okay? I think that demands a tiny bit of respect here."

20.  Rory confronts Chris about his not being a real part of her life growing up.  "Look, your mom did what she wanted to do. I wasn't consulted." "I know, but you let her do it." "I did. I...I let her do it." "So, now, all these years later, how do you feel about that?" "It was in the cards. Lorelai and you, from the first moment I saw you two together, no one was getting between you guys. Maybe that's why she's getting married now. You're grown. Her job is done. Now she can let someone else in." "So she didn't let you in?" "I'm not saying that." "But is that why you weren't there? Because she made the decision and she pushed you away?" "Not at all. We were just so young. I was so young, and Lorelai was, much like yourself, she was a force of nature. Just uncontrollable. Sure about everything. I couldn't come close to competing with that, so I didn't."

21.  After agreeing to help Lorelai get Rory back to Yale, Richard and Emily go behind her back and let Rory drop out and move in with them.  "Rory will be taking some time off from Yale. She will be moving into the pool house here with us. We will find her some sort of suitable job through one of our friends, and then after a suitable amount of time has passed, we will revisit the subject of her returning to school."

22.  Lorelai refuses to listen to Rory at all when she wants to take some time off from Yale and completely shuts her down.  "So what’s the great master plan, then, huh? You’re going to move back home, live in your room, work part-time at the bookstore? Forget it. Not an option."

23.  Lorelai pretends that Rory dating a barely-divorced Dean is just fine, knowing that Rory is the reason he and Lindsey are divorced in the first place, and forces Luke to go on a double date with them.  "We all used to get together all the time for whatever and hang out. We had a great rhythm. I like Dean. I've always liked Dean. He has a great heart. I don't want it to be weird."

9 hours ago, deaja said:

Every Liz scene that has to do with Jess or Doula. ;)

Ha ha, sorry, no can do.  I will try to come up with something though.

Anyone have any more?  If not we have enough to start voting.

17.  Chris promises Rory that he's committed to being there for the girls this time.  Moments later, he finds out Sherry is pregnant and leaves Sookie's wedding after only talking to Lorelai.  "You'll tell Rory?" "I will."

18.  Chris tells Rory to pick out anything she wants at Andrew's bookstore.  She picks out the Compact Oxford English Dictionary.  Chris is embarrassed when his credit card is declined and asks Rory not to tell Lorelai about it.  She finds out anyway and later brings it up.  "Oh man, I told Rory not to rat me out. I can’t believe she did that." "She didn’t. Andrew from the bookstore called and Jackson and the UPS guy and ooh it was the lead story on the Stars Hollow web page. And then I asked Rory and she very reluctantly confirmed it. ‘Rat me out’ what are you - sixteen?"

19.  Lorelai invites Chris to lunch, not knowing that Rory has asked him to stay away from her so he doesn't screw things up between her and Luke. Rory is angry when she finds out, Chris is defensive.  "I'm your father, kid, okay? I think that demands a tiny bit of respect here."

20.  Rory confronts Chris about his not being a real part of her life growing up.  "Look, your mom did what she wanted to do. I wasn't consulted." "I know, but you let her do it." "I did. I...I let her do it." "So, now, all these years later, how do you feel about that?" "It was in the cards. Lorelai and you, from the first moment I saw you two together, no one was getting between you guys. Maybe that's why she's getting married now. You're grown. Her job is done. Now she can let someone else in." "So she didn't let you in?" "I'm not saying that." "But is that why you weren't there? Because she made the decision and she pushed you away?" "Not at all. We were just so young. I was so young, and Lorelai was, much like yourself, she was a force of nature. Just uncontrollable. Sure about everything. I couldn't come close to competing with that, so I didn't."

21.  After agreeing to help Lorelai get Rory back to Yale, Richard and Emily go behind her back and let Rory drop out and move in with them.  "Rory will be taking some time off from Yale. She will be moving into the pool house here with us. We will find her some sort of suitable job through one of our friends, and then after a suitable amount of time has passed, we will revisit the subject of her returning to school."

22.  Lorelai refuses to listen to Rory at all when she wants to take some time off from Yale and completely shuts her down.  "So what’s the great master plan, then, huh? You’re going to move back home, live in your room, work part-time at the bookstore? Forget it. Not an option."

23.  Lorelai pretends that Rory dating a barely-divorced Dean is just fine, knowing that Rory is the reason he and Lindsey are divorced in the first place, and forces Luke to go on a double date with them.  "We all used to get together all the time for whatever and hang out. We had a great rhythm. I like Dean. I've always liked Dean. He has a great heart. I don't want it to be weird."

24.  Lorelai shares with Emily that she and Max are engaged.  Emily's reaction is....underwhelming.  "Well, I think that's very nice. I certainly hope we'll be in town for it, but if not I promise we'll send a nice gift. Now excuse me, I'm going to check on the roast."

25.  Jess is on Christmas break from school but Liz doesn't have him come visit or even call to check on him.  "Luke told me it was his idea that I should stay. It wasn't his idea."

Rory tells Lorelai about Dean and then mommy turns around and invites him home for a movie night before they've even been on a date.

Do grandparent moments count?  If so, Emily dresses down Rory at the Russian Tea Room telling her to "just wait until your father gets home".  And they invite the reverend to dinner to give the Ultimate Gift speech.

• Love 1

Worst Parenting Moments

1.  Lorelai breaks out bread and water and makes a joke out of Rory getting arrested.  "Rory, the penal system is not something we enjoy, It’s something with a name that makes us giggle."

6.  Paris' parents are in trouble with the IRS and have left her penniless.  "My ATM refused me. I thought it was just that particular one. So I went to another, and it refused me, too. So I went to the bank and used a few choice expletives, and a bunch of guys in suits started closing in on me. So I started pacing and yelling, 'Attica! Attica!' and then the manager hit a little red button under his desk, so I ran out of there and came right over here."

8.  Lorelai drags Rory on a road trip to Harvard and refuses to talk to her about what happened with Max.  They saunter onto campus, without a guide, like they own the place.  "We're gonna get in trouble." "You're such a worrywart."

24.  Lorelai shares with Emily that she and Max are engaged.  Emily's reaction is....underwhelming.  "Well, I think that's very nice. I certainly hope we'll be in town for it, but if not I promise we'll send a nice gift. Now excuse me, I'm going to check on the roast."

25.  Jess is on Christmas break from school but Liz doesn't have him come visit or even call to check on him.  "Luke told me it was his idea that I should stay. It wasn't his idea."

26.  Lorelai invites Dean over for a movie night before he and Rory have even been on an actual date.  "I can't believe you did this. I'm so humiliated."

27.  Emily and Rory get into it at the DAR function.  "When your father gets home, we're going to talk about the house rules and be on the same page once and for all!" "You mean my grandfather."

28.  Emily and Richard realize that Rory and Logan may be thinking of getting intimate (*snort*) and have the Reverend over for dinner to warn her against taking things too far.  "You know, Rory, being a young lady comes with many gifts. Your virtue, for example, is a gift, a precious gift."

29.  Paris' parents don't even come to her graduation.  "Nanny! You brought the kids!"

30.  Paris' mother embarrasses her at Parents' Day at Chilton.  "Paris, with everything I have going on right now the last thing I need to do is face a bunch of bored people who are gossiping about me. I'll see you later at home. Use that cover stick I got you."

Edited by Taryn74

Time to start voting!  See previous post for the list.  Remember, we're voting out the parenting moments that aren't as terrible first.  The "winner" will be the worst of the worst.  Vote against three.

• Love 1

7, 16, 30 out.  Still voting against three.

Worst Parenting Moments

1.  Lorelai breaks out bread and water and makes a joke out of Rory getting arrested.  "Rory, the penal system is not something we enjoy, It’s something with a name that makes us giggle."

6.  Paris' parents are in trouble with the IRS and have left her penniless.  "My ATM refused me. I thought it was just that particular one. So I went to another, and it refused me, too. So I went to the bank and used a few choice expletives, and a bunch of guys in suits started closing in on me. So I started pacing and yelling, 'Attica! Attica!' and then the manager hit a little red button under his desk, so I ran out of there and came right over here."

8.  Lorelai drags Rory on a road trip to Harvard and refuses to talk to her about what happened with Max.  They saunter onto campus, without a guide, like they own the place.  "We're gonna get in trouble." "You're such a worrywart."

26.  Lorelai invites Dean over for a movie night before he and Rory have even been on an actual date.  "I can't believe you did this. I'm so humiliated."

27.  Emily and Rory get into it at the DAR function.  "When your father gets home, we're going to talk about the house rules and be on the same page once and for all!" "You mean my grandfather."

28.  Emily and Richard realize that Rory and Logan may be thinking of getting intimate (*snort*) and have the Reverend over for dinner to warn her against taking things too far.  "You know, Rory, being a young lady comes with many gifts. Your virtue, for example, is a gift, a precious gift."

29.  Paris' parents don't even come to her graduation.  "Nanny! You brought the kids!"