Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

1, 17 gone!

Favorite openers Season 4

2.  The Lorelais' First Day at Yale - Crap Shack.  The girls are getting ready to take Rory to Yale.  Copper Boom!  Lorelai is trying to get a good 'going off to college' picture of Rory.  "You look like Alfalfa coming to pick up Darla."

4.  Chicken or Beef - Crap Shack.  Rory comes home for a visit.  Kirk has installed an alarm.  Lorelai can't figure out how to turn it off, but she has figured out where to crouch on the floor to hide from the motion detector.  "You think I labeled myself 'the pretty spinster'?"

5.  The Fundamental Things Apply - Crap Shack.  Lorelai is gardening.  "What are you doing?"  "I'm gardening."  "What are you doing?"  Babette wanted Lorelai to have something to do to fill her time now that Rory has moved out.  "I'm going to have color coming out of my yin-yang."  "Well then maybe you'll finally get a man."

9.  Ted Koppel's Big Night Out - Luke's.  The girls take two tables and push them together.  Luke's in too good of a mood to be mad, he finally hired some help.  Rory is disgusted to realize it's Brennan Lewis.  "There have been a lot of frogs, man."

11.  In the Clamor and the Clangor - Stan's funeral.  Death in Stars Hollow always comes in fives.  Stan is only the fourth.  The fifth could be Hank Krutzman, or Taylor, or Andrew, or Reggie, or Kirk!  Kirk takes a fall.  "We are the witches of Eastwick."

12.  A Family Matter - Luke's.  There are no empty tables, Lorelai has to share a table with Kirk.  "I have a girlfriend."  A mystery woman shows up, Luke is not happy to see her.  Lorelai and Rory speculate about who she might be.  "Early morning tryst with the county dominatrix?"

13.  Nag Hammadi is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels - Crap Shack.  A window is broken and it's cold.  Lorelai sits on Rory, who is asleep on the couch.  Rory comes out of her bedroom and scares Lorelai.  The couch sleeper is Lane.  "She must have followed me home from Yale."  Lorelai has left a message for Luke to come fix her window, so she doesn't have to listen to a rant about paying too much to have her window fixed, or paying a fee at an ATM, or paying a fee for Ticketmaster, or paying fifty bucks for a ten dollar bottle of wine.  "Oh my G-d, Luke is annoying!"

14.  The Incredible S(hr)inking Lorelais - Dragonfly.  The Inn has horses!  Michel does not care for the animal kingdom.  Lorelai leaves Rory a message to tell her about the horses.  "Hopefully, you're over the time that I took you for the pony ride, and the pony was old and just sort of stopped and laid down, and you sort of rolled off into the ditch."  Tom pulls Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel aside to go over some things.  A phone rings.  It's their first reservation!  "But you wrote it down on a gum wrapper.  It's embarrassing, this is an historical document."

15.  Scene in a Mall - Luke's.  Luke asks Lorelai if she's okay, after her meltdown in the park.  Kirk has a dog in a man bag.  He tries to cover and say it's magazines.  "Ouch!  Paper cut."

16.  The Reigning Lorelai - FND.  They're eating - or not - escargot.  Emily mentions her oldest friend, Sweetie Nelson, has recently died.  Lorelai wonders how they got the nickname Sweetie from Melinda, and is unimpressed that she's called Sweetie because she was sweet.  "Exactly what kind of story about my recently departed friend would amuse you?"

18.  Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom! - Luke's.  Lorelai's trying to feed Davey.  Luke doesn't like babies.  Jackson is suddenly violently protective.  Taylor has a new toupee.  Or, he's combing his hair differently.  "The comb didn't loosen the glue?"  The town has a problem, there's a flower show coming up and the entire town smells.  They'll have to mobilize the community, make sure there's no skunk infestation.  "Let me go door to door and make sure every townsman looks under his house, Taylor. I'll even knock some heads together -- get medieval on their ass."

19.  Afterboom - Town Square.  Lorelai needs stamps.  Luke needs a notary.  "You're getting a mail-order divorce?"  Kirk shows Lorelai all the whimsical stamps available while Luke tries to sign his papers.  "Trying to get divorced here!"

20.  Luke Can See Her Face - Crap Shack.  The cats know Lorelai and Jason have broken up and that she's one step closer to becoming a crazy cat lady.  "Hey, I am a young, desirable woman!"

22.  Raincoats & Recipes - Crap Shack.  Rory is still on her finals sleep schedule.  She's doing laundry and making mac-n-cheese at 3 am.  Lorelai locks her in her room.  "Great to have you home, hon."

2, 18 gone!

4.  Chicken or Beef - Crap Shack.  Rory comes home for a visit.  Kirk has installed an alarm.  Lorelai can't figure out how to turn it off, but she has figured out where to crouch on the floor to hide from the motion detector.  "You think I labeled myself 'the pretty spinster'?"

5.  The Fundamental Things Apply - Crap Shack.  Lorelai is gardening.  "What are you doing?"  "I'm gardening."  "What are you doing?"  Babette wanted Lorelai to have something to do to fill her time now that Rory has moved out.  "I'm going to have color coming out of my yin-yang."  "Well then maybe you'll finally get a man."

9.  Ted Koppel's Big Night Out - Luke's.  The girls take two tables and push them together.  Luke's in too good of a mood to be mad, he finally hired some help.  Rory is disgusted to realize it's Brennan Lewis.  "There have been a lot of frogs, man."

11.  In the Clamor and the Clangor - Stan's funeral.  Death in Stars Hollow always comes in fives.  Stan is only the fourth.  The fifth could be Hank Krutzman, or Taylor, or Andrew, or Reggie, or Kirk!  Kirk takes a fall.  "We are the witches of Eastwick."

12.  A Family Matter - Luke's.  There are no empty tables, Lorelai has to share a table with Kirk.  "I have a girlfriend."  A mystery woman shows up, Luke is not happy to see her.  Lorelai and Rory speculate about who she might be.  "Early morning tryst with the county dominatrix?"

13.  Nag Hammadi is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels - Crap Shack.  A window is broken and it's cold.  Lorelai sits on Rory, who is asleep on the couch.  Rory comes out of her bedroom and scares Lorelai.  The couch sleeper is Lane.  "She must have followed me home from Yale."  Lorelai has left a message for Luke to come fix her window, so she doesn't have to listen to a rant about paying too much to have her window fixed, or paying a fee at an ATM, or paying a fee for Ticketmaster, or paying fifty bucks for a ten dollar bottle of wine.  "Oh my G-d, Luke is annoying!"

14.  The Incredible S(hr)inking Lorelais - Dragonfly.  The Inn has horses!  Michel does not care for the animal kingdom.  Lorelai leaves Rory a message to tell her about the horses.  "Hopefully, you're over the time that I took you for the pony ride, and the pony was old and just sort of stopped and laid down, and you sort of rolled off into the ditch."  Tom pulls Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel aside to go over some things.  A phone rings.  It's their first reservation!  "But you wrote it down on a gum wrapper.  It's embarrassing, this is an historical document."

15.  Scene in a Mall - Luke's.  Luke asks Lorelai if she's okay, after her meltdown in the park.  Kirk has a dog in a man bag.  He tries to cover and say it's magazines.  "Ouch!  Paper cut."

16.  The Reigning Lorelai - FND.  They're eating - or not - escargot.  Emily mentions her oldest friend, Sweetie Nelson, has recently died.  Lorelai wonders how they got the nickname Sweetie from Melinda, and is unimpressed that she's called Sweetie because she was sweet.  "Exactly what kind of story about my recently departed friend would amuse you?"

19.  Afterboom - Town Square.  Lorelai needs stamps.  Luke needs a notary.  "You're getting a mail-order divorce?"  Kirk shows Lorelai all the whimsical stamps available while Luke tries to sign his papers.  "Trying to get divorced here!"

20.  Luke Can See Her Face - Crap Shack.  The cats know Lorelai and Jason have broken up and that she's one step closer to becoming a crazy cat lady.  "Hey, I am a young, desirable woman!"

22.  Raincoats & Recipes - Crap Shack.  Rory is still on her finals sleep schedule.  She's doing laundry and making mac-n-cheese at 3 am.  Lorelai locks her in her room.  "Great to have you home, hon."

13, 22 out!

Aw man!  I adore 5.  I mean like, seriously adore it.  Alas.

5, 14 out!

3 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

Me too. I love Babette. Double sigh.

I know.  And I love Lorelai's reaction when Rory says "Maybe then you'll finally get a man."  I laugh so hard.  Like, tears in my eyes laughing.  Ha!

• Love 1

I hate this game.  4, 11 out!

12, 20 gone!  Vote out ONE more.

9.  Ted Koppel's Big Night Out - Luke's.  The girls take two tables and push them together.  Luke's in too good of a mood to be mad, he finally hired some help.  Rory is disgusted to realize it's Brennan Lewis.  "There have been a lot of frogs, man."

15.  Scene in a Mall - Luke's.  Luke asks Lorelai if she's okay, after her meltdown in the park.  Kirk has a dog in a man bag.  He tries to cover and say it's magazines.  "Ouch!  Paper cut."

16.  The Reigning Lorelai - FND.  They're eating - or not - escargot.  Emily mentions her oldest friend, Sweetie Nelson, has recently died.  Lorelai wonders how they got the nickname Sweetie from Melinda, and is unimpressed that she's called Sweetie because she was sweet.  "Exactly what kind of story about my recently departed friend would amuse you?"

19.  Afterboom - Town Square.  Lorelai needs stamps.  Luke needs a notary.  "You're getting a mail-order divorce?"  Kirk shows Lorelai all the whimsical stamps available while Luke tries to sign his papers.  "Trying to get divorced here!"

Our top three favorite openers Season 4!

15.  Scene in a Mall - Luke's.  Luke asks Lorelai if she's okay, after her meltdown in the park.  Kirk has a dog in a man bag.  He tries to cover and say it's magazines.  "Ouch!  Paper cut."

16.  The Reigning Lorelai - FND.  They're eating - or not - escargot.  Emily mentions her oldest friend, Sweetie Nelson, has recently died.  Lorelai wonders how they got the nickname Sweetie from Melinda, and is unimpressed that she's called Sweetie because she was sweet.  "Exactly what kind of story about my recently departed friend would amuse you?"

19.  Afterboom - Town Square.  Lorelai needs stamps.  Luke needs a notary.  "You're getting a mail-order divorce?"  Kirk shows Lorelai all the whimsical stamps available while Luke tries to sign his papers.  "Trying to get divorced here!"

I had some extra time yesterday so I went ahead and got S5 ready to go.  Start voting against two!

Favorite Openers Season 5

1. Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller – Crap Shack. Dean. Rory. Rory's bed. Don't make me spell it out, I beg you.

2. A Messenger, Nothing More – Town Square. Lorelai quickly makes her way past Miss Patty's and several vendors getting ready for the Cider Mill grand opening. “Apple down!”

3. Written in the Stars – FND. The girls have drinks and appetizers with Richard in the pool house. “Shaken, not stirred, please, Jeeves.” “His name is Robert.” They then move on to dinner with Emily in the main house. She is upset that they waste all their conversation with Richard. “What was new twenty minutes ago?”

4. Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too – Crap Shack. Luke is cooking breakfast. Lorelai wants Luke's for breakfast, but not in her own kitchen. It's like Tommy Lee having a Starbuck's in his own house. “'Cribs', baby. Watch it.”

5. We Got Us a Pippi Virgin – Dragonfly. Sookie and Lorelai try to figure out ways to get more people out to the Dragonfly. Maybe hookers, or Bill Maher. Jackson's Selectman job is not going well. He refuses to sign for more parking spaces. “I'll forge that for you.” “Thanks.”

6. Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant! – Crap Shack. Luke and Lorelai are headed to the movies, she just has to find her keys and finish the laundry. Her socks are in the oven, her keys are in the door. “I can never pick you up here again.”

7. You Jump, I Jump, Jack – FND. Lorelai's late, she honked. Emily knows Lorelai is dating Luke, Kirk told her. “My Kirk? Stars Hollow's Kirk? Kirk who hasn't started shaving yet, Kirk? How did you find out from him?” Emily assumes there is something wrong with Luke. “You jumped on Rory when you thought she told me. You were hiding it.”

8. The Party's Over – FND. Richard serves the girls steak on a stick. Emily is not pleased. “Those are not appetizers! Those are skewers!” She makes the girls eat seconds of everything at dinner to prove they're still hungry. “Grandma's mean.” “If it flew, swam, or crawled on this earth, we just ate it.”

9. Emily Says Hello – Town Square. Jackson is hiding from the townspeople, but he needs to buy a bunch of pregnancy cravings foods for Sookie. Lorelai will go into Doose's for him, as long as he'll get to work on the pothole in the road outside the Dragonfly. “What's one leech versus a swarm?”

10. But Not as Cute as Pushkin – Town Square. Miss Patty invites Lorelai to her 40-years-in-show-business anniversary party. Lorelai doesn't know about Luke's dark day. “Nobody knows where he goes or what he does. All we know is not to try and find him.”

11. Women of Questionable Morals – Luke's Apartment. Lorelai drags Luke outside. She smells snow. “We go back, snow and me. We have a beautiful history.”

12. Come Home – Luke's Apartment. Lorelai is trying to go to bed early so she can spend more time with Luke. She wonders why he doesn't have a TV to fall asleep to. “You know what ruins your REM sleep, is all those articles about REM sleep.”

13. Wedding Bell Blues – Luke's. Luke is on the phone making a boat supplies order. Lorelai wants a pair of fisherman's boots. “They're yellow and cute. I'll look like the Morton's Salt girl!”

14. Say Something – Wedding Reception. Lorelai is trying to find Luke but she is needed for wedding pictures. Rory is worried about getting caught making out with Logan. Christopher needs to get some coffee and sober up. The photographer would love to get a few more shots in. “Yeah, so would I.”

15. Jews & Chinese Food – Yale. Lorelai comes to pick up Rory, but has to get through Paris and Doyle first. “I'm so sorry. I shouldn't be talking about love, or sex, especially since you – “ “Since I?” “Don't have any.”

16. So...Good Talk – Crap Shack. Lorelai calls Rory to complain about the mail. She's gotten another postcard from Emily. “'Dear Lorelai, kicked a dog, then punched a gypsy in the groin.' Oh, that's nice.”

17. Pulp Friction – Luke's. Kirk is gathering up everyone's pink/blue ribbons since Luke and Lorelai are back together. “This is bigger than your love of pink!” Lorelai has brought an enemy coffee cup into the diner. “This is not coffee. This is a mocha chocolate caramel swirl-a-cino with extra whipped cream.”

18. To Live and Let Diorama – Town Square. Townspeople have gathered to say goodbye to Old Man Twickham, in case he really is dying this time. (Spoiler: He is!) “Dying is exhausting.” “Yeah, he's thinking of taking a break and picking up again tomorrow.”

19. But I'm a Gilmore! – Crap Shack. Rory, Paris, and Kirk are all hung over. Lorelai has hangover food ready – tacos, fries, pop tarts. “I think I got a cavity. I have got to stop partying like this.”

20. How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod? – Crap Shack/Yale. The girls sit on the phone with each other and watch their Roombas work. “So is this more or less fun than watching the same TV show at the same time?”

21. Blame Booze and Melville – FND. Emily is serving fondue. The girls need more marshmallows. Emily needs help picking out a dancer. “I bet Gregorio would be good dipped in chocolate.”

22. A House is Not a Home – Police Station. Rory's been arrested. Lorelai is there to pick her up. So are Colin and Finn. “My G-d those are good genes.”

1, 2

This season is clearly not my favorite as I started at the top and voted for the first two I dislike.