Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

15, 23, and with my vote, 21 are outta here!  Continue to vote against three.

1.  When Jess dresses up like Luke to work in the diner. "I'm sorry, I thought this was the uniform." - Presenting Lorelei Gilmore

2.  When they go looking for the swan that beaked Jess. "Wait, don't take the ladle! That's a brand new ladle. Take the baster!" - Swan Song

3.  When Jess tells Luke he made sure that Rory was okay, on the bridge after the car crash. "I know you did." - Teach Me Tonight

5.  Jess thanks Luke for everything he's done for him.   "In a relationship -- any relationship -- it's important to let the other person know you appreciate them so you don't create barriers that delay any hope for reciprocation."  "I think I read that somewhere."  - LWF,TWT

7.  Jess fixes the toaster for Luke after finding out from Rory how much the town were down on Luke because of him.  "I have no idea what you're babbling about. I don't fix things."  - Ins and Outs of Inns

8.  Jess plays a part in getting the wake set up for Luke's uncle.  " Look, the crazy ballet teacher called and asked when Luke was getting back from the funeral, if I could unlock the door. I came down, I unlocked the door, then went back upstairs and back to sleep." - DUaV

9.  Jess admits that he came for Liz's wedding because of Luke. He also tells Luke that he told Rory he loved her. Luke says that open communication is the foundation of love. - Luke Can See her Face

10. Luke and Jess are supposed to go apartment shopping. They will hold hands and skip after.  - Lost and Found

11.  Luke comes in with a sledgehammer and starts on Jess' room while Jess sits dumbfounded. - Lost and Found

14.  Luke blows up at Jess when he finds out he isn't going to graduate. "Then you've got to go!" - Say Goodnight, Gracie

16.  Luke finds out what Jess has been up to when he comes home with a car. "Jess, are you a gigolo?" - Take the Deviled Eggs 

17.  Jess and Luke argue about the girls in their lives. "The girls I like don't give a damn about me!" - One's Got Class and The Other One Dyes

18.  Jess compliments Luke on his outfit to the wedding. "I only do sincere once, man." - AYITL, Fall

20.  Luke watches from his truck as Jess takes up his offer to sleep in the apartment instead of his car. - A Family Matter

22.  Jess talks to Luke about Lorelai doing Wild.  He tosses Luke the router. - AYITL, Fall

24.  Jess tosses Luke's deodorant in the trash after TJ mentions he borrowed it for the wedding. - LWF,TWT

26.  Luke goes to watch Jess be presented the Employee of the Month award.  "Do you have a tissue, because I think I'm gonna be emotional." - AToPaF

27.  "You know what people told me when I said you were coming to live here? They told me I was crazy. They told me I should start writing letters to Jodie Foster -- but I ignored them. I was so sure that I knew what I was doing and then you showed up and you know what? You proved them right. I was crazy. Now, after all the havoc and chaos that you have wreaked, you are seriously standing here in a shirt with hands that are flipping me off telling me you want to come back?!" -- I Can't Get Started

28.  Luke finds out Rory and Jess are together and goes to lay down some rules.  "You’re not gonna do anything to her because when you’re at her place, there’s Lorelai, and when you’re here, there’s me, and when you’re out there, there’s Taylor." - Let the Games Begin

29.  Luke teases Jess when he finds out that someone threw deviled eggs at his car..."Man, they must hate you a lot!..Well, that is Paprika!" - Take the Deviled Eggs

30.  Luke tosses Jess into the lake - NAN,SAN

With my tie-breaking votes, 22, 8, and 17 are gone.  Let's drop to voting against two.

1.  When Jess dresses up like Luke to work in the diner. "I'm sorry, I thought this was the uniform." - Presenting Lorelei Gilmore

2.  When they go looking for the swan that beaked Jess. "Wait, don't take the ladle! That's a brand new ladle. Take the baster!" - Swan Song

3.  When Jess tells Luke he made sure that Rory was okay, on the bridge after the car crash. "I know you did." - Teach Me Tonight

5.  Jess thanks Luke for everything he's done for him.   "In a relationship -- any relationship -- it's important to let the other person know you appreciate them so you don't create barriers that delay any hope for reciprocation."  "I think I read that somewhere."  - LWF,TWT

7.  Jess fixes the toaster for Luke after finding out from Rory how much the town were down on Luke because of him.  "I have no idea what you're babbling about. I don't fix things."  - Ins and Outs of Inns

9.  Jess admits that he came for Liz's wedding because of Luke. He also tells Luke that he told Rory he loved her. Luke says that open communication is the foundation of love. - Luke Can See her Face

10. Luke and Jess are supposed to go apartment shopping. They will hold hands and skip after.  - Lost and Found

11.  Luke comes in with a sledgehammer and starts on Jess' room while Jess sits dumbfounded. - Lost and Found

14.  Luke blows up at Jess when he finds out he isn't going to graduate. "Then you've got to go!" - Say Goodnight, Gracie

16.  Luke finds out what Jess has been up to when he comes home with a car. "Jess, are you a gigolo?" - Take the Deviled Eggs 

18.  Jess compliments Luke on his outfit to the wedding. "I only do sincere once, man." - AYITL, Fall

20.  Luke watches from his truck as Jess takes up his offer to sleep in the apartment instead of his car. - A Family Matter

24.  Jess tosses Luke's deodorant in the trash after TJ mentions he borrowed it for the wedding. - LWF,TWT

26.  Luke goes to watch Jess be presented the Employee of the Month award.  "Do you have a tissue, because I think I'm gonna be emotional." - AToPaF

27.  "You know what people told me when I said you were coming to live here? They told me I was crazy. They told me I should start writing letters to Jodie Foster -- but I ignored them. I was so sure that I knew what I was doing and then you showed up and you know what? You proved them right. I was crazy. Now, after all the havoc and chaos that you have wreaked, you are seriously standing here in a shirt with hands that are flipping me off telling me you want to come back?!" -- I Can't Get Started

28.  Luke finds out Rory and Jess are together and goes to lay down some rules.  "You’re not gonna do anything to her because when you’re at her place, there’s Lorelai, and when you’re here, there’s me, and when you’re out there, there’s Taylor." - Let the Games Begin

29.  Luke teases Jess when he finds out that someone threw deviled eggs at his car..."Man, they must hate you a lot!..Well, that is Paprika!" - Take the Deviled Eggs

14 and 2 are gone!  Vote against two.

2 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

Luke's rant in the 'then you have to go' scene, I thought was very powerful. Even the scenes where they are arguing, mad at each other are great ones.

The 'then you have to go' scene is one of my favorites, not only in the Luke/Jess relationship, but in the entire series. It's so powerful. I love Milo's reaction after Scott walks away, visibly breathing hard and wide eyed, absorbing the shock of it. Even though it may have taken awhile before we saw the effects of it, I really see this as the first moment in Jess's turn around, and as possibly the most important moment in the Luke/Jess relationship. For Jess, this kid who had been given no structure or boundaries, and had probably rebelled at least partially in response to the fact that his life was lacking these things, to have an adult standing in front of him who was willing to follow through on a boundary he had set must have meant a lot, and had a profound effect on him, even if he didn't fully realize it at the time. Luke was exactly who Jess needed. I get why people don't love it as much as I do though.

Anyway, 7 and 20.

• Love 2

Keep up the good work here. I can't play because  it's a little too much like picking a favorite child, and I'm kind of busy at work. But this is my favorite relationship of the whole series and the list is just amazing! 

3 minutes ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

to have an adult standing in front of him who was willing to follow through on a boundary he had set must have meant a lot, and had a profound effect on him

Yes.  So much yes.  I know a lot of fans hate that Luke didn't back down, and I get that - I really do - but I have to give Luke mad props for FOLLOWING THROUGH on what he said he would do, even if he hated it.  It makes me want to cry, for Luke as much as for Jess, but he had to be strong and do what he said.

• Love 2

Had to be the tie-breaker again.   You people are not making this easy on me, heh.  10 and 26, reluctantly, are gone.  Continue to vote against two.

7 and 20 are gone.  Oy.  These are starting to hurt.

18 and 24 are gone!  We need at least one more round of voting against two.  We'll see how it goes from there.

27 is gone and with my vote, 1 as well.  Sadly.  Let's drop to voting against one.