Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

In a sad (for me) turn of events, the 'are there twellllve?' blueberry pancakes are now history.  Didn't realize how much I wanted that one to win until it was gone.  *sniff*  Baby Crepe is still hanging in there, though, so that gives me hope.

Which one will be our winner?

3.  "People are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to any more of them." -- Pilot

5.  Michel rolls "Truman" Davy under the bed. He was playing baby crepe.  -- The Nanny and the Professor

Baby Truman Crepe for the win.  Honestly, the first is a funnier line, but the whole scene of Truman crepe is hilarious. From him wanting to take his shirt off to thinking Davey's name was Truman.

MICHEL: Yes, she let me. So I came over, and the minute that she left, it started to cry.
LORELAI: It?
MICHEL: Him, he started to cry. He wouldn't stop. I did everything. I did the jiggle and the bouncy and the airplane, and then I even picked it up.
LORELAI: It?
MICHEL: Him, dammit, him! I picked him up, but it didn't matter. He wouldn't stop crying. So finally I invented a game.
LORELAI: What kind of game?
MICHEL: I called it baby crepe.
LORELAI: I don't think I know that one.
MICHEL: Well, it's quite ingenious. You get down here on the floor and then you roll him up in a blanket and then you pull it back and forth and back and forth. He loved it. He did not cry, he smiled, he giggled. He was having the time of his life. And then. . .
LORELAI: Oh no.
MICHEL: I pulled back the blanket a little too hard.
LORELAI: What?
MICHEL: And he rolled under the bed.
LORELAI: What?
MICHEL: And he got stuck.
LORELAI: Oh! Oh my God!

LORELAI: I can't believe you rolled little Davey under the bed.
MICHEL: Davey?
LORELAI: Yes, Davey - Sookie's baby.
MICHEL: Is that his name? I've been calling him Truman.
LORELAI: Why?
MICHEL: I thought that's what his name was.

• Love 3

Baby Crepe is our winner!! This would have been my second choice (behind the blueberry pancakes) so I'm happy! *throws confetti*

Everybody on board for Sookie/Jackson moments next, or does anyone have any other ideas?

24 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

Didn't we do Luke and Jess just recently. I seem to remember the pushing in the lake moment. I guess that was during the 'fights' elimination we had.

I think we did it during the fights elimination. I'm good with Luke/Jess moments. 

I had to back out of the Michel moments because, sadly, I'm not much of a Michel fan so I couldn't really pick any of my favourite moments with him.

When Jess dresses up like Luke to work in the diner - Presenting Lorelei Gilmore

When they go looking for the swan that beaked Jess. "Wait, don't take the ladle! That's a brand new ladle. Take the baster!" - Swan Song

When Jess tells Luke he made sure that Rory was okay, on the bridge after the car crash.  - Teach Me Tonight

Edited by ghoulina

Luke introduces Jess to April and tells him how proud he is of him.

Jess thanks Luke for everything he's done for him.

Jess gets Luke to sign for his car registration.

Jess fixes the toaster for Luke after finding out from Rory how much the town were down on Luke because of him.

Jess plays a part in getting the wake set up for Luke's uncle.

Are revival scenes allowed? :)

Jess thanks Luke for everything he's done for him. He's going to pay him back. Luke/Jess hug. -Last Week Fights, This Week Thighs

Jess admits that he came for Liz's wedding because of Luke. He also tells Luke that he told Rory he loved her. Luke says that open communication is the foundation of love. -Luke Can See her Face

Luke and Jess are supposed to go apartment shopping. They will hold hands and skip after-Lost and Found

Luke comes in with a sledgehammer and starts on Jess' room while Jess sits dumbfounded-Lost and Found

Luke visits Jess in Philly. He gets the tour and says he wanted to buy Jess' book. -The Real Paul Anka

Jess lays into Luke about butting in even when people don't want him to. -Nag Hammadi

Luke teases Jess about his car. Says he should have been a float in a parade. -Family Matters

Luke blows up at Jess when he finds out he isn't going to graduate. "Then you've got to go!" Say Goodnight, Gracie

13 minutes ago, elang4 said:

Are revival scenes allowed? :)

I'd say they're fair game!

Jess meets up with Luke and tosses his hat into the street - Summer

Luke finds out what Jess has been up to when he comes home with a car. "Jess, are you a gigolo?" -Take the Deviled Eggs 

Jess and Luke argue about the girls in their lives. "The girls I like don't give a damn about me!" - One's Got Class and The Other One Dyes

Jess compliments Luke on his outfit to the wedding. "I only do sincere once, man." - Fall

Luke gives Jess the self help book - Luke Can See Her Face

Luke watches from his truck as Jess takes up his offer to sleep in the apartment instead of his car - A Family Matter

Jess talks to Luke about Lorelai doing Wild.  He tosses Luke the router. -Fall

Luke tosses nicotine patches, herbs, and other aids to quit smoking to Jess. Jess leaves. 

I think elang and I were posting at the same time so there probably are duplicates.

1.  When Jess dresses up like Luke to work in the diner. "I'm sorry, I thought this was the uniform." - Presenting Lorelei Gilmore

2.  When they go looking for the swan that beaked Jess. "Wait, don't take the ladle! That's a brand new ladle. Take the baster!" - Swan Song

3.  When Jess tells Luke he made sure that Rory was okay, on the bridge after the car crash. "I know you did." - Teach Me Tonight

4.  Luke introduces Jess to April and tells him how proud he is of him.  "I'm very proud of you, of this, of what you're going for here. I don't get all of it, but I'm me."  - TRPA

5.  Jess thanks Luke for everything he's done for him.   "In a relationship -- any relationship -- it's important to let the other person know you appreciate them so you don't create barriers that delay any hope for reciprocation."  "I think I read that somewhere."  - LWF,TWT

6.  Jess gets Luke to sign for his car registration.  "I guess it’s okay that someone else’s name is crossed out on it and that yours is written in."  - Take the Deviled Eggs

7.  Jess fixes the toaster for Luke after finding out from Rory how much the town were down on Luke because of him.  "I have no idea what you're babbling about. I don't fix things."  - Ins and Outs of Inns

8.  Jess plays a part in getting the wake set up for Luke's uncle.  " Look, the crazy ballet teacher called and asked when Luke was getting back from the funeral, if I could unlock the door. I came down, I unlocked the door, then went back upstairs and back to sleep." - DUaV

9.  Jess admits that he came for Liz's wedding because of Luke. He also tells Luke that he told Rory he loved her. Luke says that open communication is the foundation of love. - Luke Can See her Face

10. Luke and Jess are supposed to go apartment shopping. They will hold hands and skip after.  - Lost and Found

11.  Luke comes in with a sledgehammer and starts on Jess' room while Jess sits dumbfounded. - Lost and Found

12.  Jess lays into Luke about butting in even when people don't want him to. "You see, this is your problem. You're going to help people whether they want it or not. You have to fix everything. You have to fix everyone. You think it makes you a good guy, but really, it just makes you a pain in the ass."  - Nag Hammadi

13.  Luke teases Jess about his car. Says he should have been a float in a parade. - Family Matters

14.  Luke blows up at Jess when he finds out he isn't going to graduate. "Then you've got to go!" - Say Goodnight, Gracie

15.  Jess meets up with Luke and tosses his hat into the street. - AYITL, Summer

16.  Luke finds out what Jess has been up to when he comes home with a car. "Jess, are you a gigolo?" - Take the Deviled Eggs 

17.  Jess and Luke argue about the girls in their lives. "The girls I like don't give a damn about me!" - One's Got Class and The Other One Dyes

18.  Jess compliments Luke on his outfit to the wedding. "I only do sincere once, man." - AYITL, Fall

19.  Luke gives Jess the self help book.  "Here. I'm done with them. Enjoy." - Luke Can See Her Face

20.  Luke watches from his truck as Jess takes up his offer to sleep in the apartment instead of his car. - A Family Matter

21.  Luke winks at Jess and smiles as he walks Liz down the aisle.  - LWF,TWT

22.  Jess talks to Luke about Lorelai doing Wild.  He tosses Luke the router. - AYITL, Fall

23.  Luke tosses nicotine patches, herbs, and other aids to quit smoking to Jess. Jess leaves. "I am not letting you just fall off the face of the earth. You will not drift, I won't let it happen." - N&N, S&N

24.  Jess tosses Luke's deodorant in the trash after TJ mentions he borrowed it for the wedding. - LWF,TWT

25.  Jess gives Rory an umbrella to keep sheetrock from falling in her food.  Luke grumbles but then tells Rory to leave it open. - There's the Rub

26.  Luke goes to watch Jess be presented the Employee of the Month award.  "Do you have a tissue, because I think I'm gonna be emotional." - AToPaF

(Luke to Jess) You know what people told me when I said you were coming to live here? They told me I was crazy. They told me I should start writing letters to Jodie Foster -- but I ignored them. I was so sure that I knew what I was doing and then you showed up and you know what? You proved them right. I was crazy. Now, after all the havoc and chaos that you have wreaked, you are seriously standing here in a shirt with hands that are flipping me off telling me you want to come back?! -- "I Can't Get Started"

1.  When Jess dresses up like Luke to work in the diner. "I'm sorry, I thought this was the uniform." - Presenting Lorelei Gilmore

2.  When they go looking for the swan that beaked Jess. "Wait, don't take the ladle! That's a brand new ladle. Take the baster!" - Swan Song

3.  When Jess tells Luke he made sure that Rory was okay, on the bridge after the car crash. "I know you did." - Teach Me Tonight

4.  Luke introduces Jess to April and tells him how proud he is of him.  "I'm very proud of you, of this, of what you're going for here. I don't get all of it, but I'm me."  - TRPA

5.  Jess thanks Luke for everything he's done for him.   "In a relationship -- any relationship -- it's important to let the other person know you appreciate them so you don't create barriers that delay any hope for reciprocation."  "I think I read that somewhere."  - LWF,TWT

6.  Jess gets Luke to sign for his car registration.  "I guess it’s okay that someone else’s name is crossed out on it and that yours is written in."  - Take the Deviled Eggs

7.  Jess fixes the toaster for Luke after finding out from Rory how much the town were down on Luke because of him.  "I have no idea what you're babbling about. I don't fix things."  - Ins and Outs of Inns

8.  Jess plays a part in getting the wake set up for Luke's uncle.  " Look, the crazy ballet teacher called and asked when Luke was getting back from the funeral, if I could unlock the door. I came down, I unlocked the door, then went back upstairs and back to sleep." - DUaV

9.  Jess admits that he came for Liz's wedding because of Luke. He also tells Luke that he told Rory he loved her. Luke says that open communication is the foundation of love. - Luke Can See her Face

10. Luke and Jess are supposed to go apartment shopping. They will hold hands and skip after.  - Lost and Found

11.  Luke comes in with a sledgehammer and starts on Jess' room while Jess sits dumbfounded. - Lost and Found

12.  Jess lays into Luke about butting in even when people don't want him to. "You see, this is your problem. You're going to help people whether they want it or not. You have to fix everything. You have to fix everyone. You think it makes you a good guy, but really, it just makes you a pain in the ass."  - Nag Hammadi

13.  Luke teases Jess about his car. Says he should have been a float in a parade. - Family Matters

14.  Luke blows up at Jess when he finds out he isn't going to graduate. "Then you've got to go!" - Say Goodnight, Gracie

15.  Jess meets up with Luke and tosses his hat into the street. - AYITL, Summer

16.  Luke finds out what Jess has been up to when he comes home with a car. "Jess, are you a gigolo?" - Take the Deviled Eggs 

17.  Jess and Luke argue about the girls in their lives. "The girls I like don't give a damn about me!" - One's Got Class and The Other One Dyes

18.  Jess compliments Luke on his outfit to the wedding. "I only do sincere once, man." - AYITL, Fall

19.  Luke gives Jess the self help book.  "Here. I'm done with them. Enjoy." - Luke Can See Her Face

20.  Luke watches from his truck as Jess takes up his offer to sleep in the apartment instead of his car. - A Family Matter

22.  Jess talks to Luke about Lorelai doing Wild.  He tosses Luke the router. - AYITL, Fall

23.  Luke tosses nicotine patches, herbs, and other aids to quit smoking to Jess. Jess leaves. "I am not letting you just fall off the face of the earth. You will not drift, I won't let it happen." - N&N, S&N

24.  Jess tosses Luke's deodorant in the trash after TJ mentions he borrowed it for the wedding. - LWF,TWT

25.  Jess gives Rory an umbrella to keep sheetrock from falling in her food.  Luke grumbles but then tells Rory to leave it open. - There's the Rub

26.  Luke goes to watch Jess be presented the Employee of the Month award.  "Do you have a tissue, because I think I'm gonna be emotional." - AToPaF

27.  "You know what people told me when I said you were coming to live here? They told me I was crazy. They told me I should start writing letters to Jodie Foster -- but I ignored them. I was so sure that I knew what I was doing and then you showed up and you know what? You proved them right. I was crazy. Now, after all the havoc and chaos that you have wreaked, you are seriously standing here in a shirt with hands that are flipping me off telling me you want to come back?!" -- I Can't Get Started

28.  Luke finds out Rory and Jess are together and goes to lay down some rules.  "You’re not gonna do anything to her because when you’re at her place, there’s Lorelai, and when you’re here, there’s me, and when you’re out there, there’s Taylor." - Let the Games Begin

27.  "You know what people told me when I said you were coming to live here? They told me I was crazy. They told me I should start writing letters to Jodie Foster -- but I ignored them. I was so sure that I knew what I was doing and then you showed up and you know what? You proved them right. I was crazy. Now, after all the havoc and chaos that you have wreaked, you are seriously standing here in a shirt with hands that are flipping me off telling me you want to come back?!" -- I Can't Get Started

28.  Luke finds out Rory and Jess are together and goes to lay down some rules.  "You’re not gonna do anything to her because when you’re at her place, there’s Lorelai, and when you’re here, there’s me, and when you’re out there, there’s Taylor." - Let the Games Begin

29.  Luke teases Jess when he finds out that someone threw deviled eggs at his car..."Man, they must hate you a lot!..Well, that is Paprika!" - Take the Deviled Eggs

30.  Luke tosses Jess into the lake - NAN,SAN

I think 30 is a good number to start!  I have a feeling this one is going to be a bit harder so let's begin by voting against three.

29.  Luke teases Jess when he finds out that someone threw deviled eggs at his car..."Man, they must hate you a lot!..Well, that is Paprika!" - Take the Deviled Eggs

6, 12, 25

5 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

Oh my. This is already difficult. One of my favorite relationships on the show is the Luke/Jess one.

I'm in the same boat. It's just behind Emily/Lorelai for me. Yes, I like Emily/Lorelai and Luke/Jess over Lorelai/Rory.

• Love 1

12, 22, 23

Luke and Jess is probably also one of my favorite relationships on the show, if not THE favorite. I'd have to ponder that. But yea, even the sad/mad scenes are great because the dynamic between them is just so real and powerful. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, ghoulina said:

But yea, even the sad/mad scenes are great because the dynamic between them is just so real and powerful. 

That's exactly it.  Even the scenes that hurt my heart are so powerfully done, I can't hate them even though I hate them. Much like scene 12, which mercifully is out first round, heh.

12 and 4 are out, and I'll cast my vote against 25 to break a 4-way tie for third spot.  Continue to vote against three.

Well this is amusing.  Every last one of you voted against 6, and after that it was a matter of which ones got voted for more than once.  Heh.  16, 13, and 19 are gone!  Continue to vote against three.

Aww, wait, not 19! That was THE pivotal moment that turned Jess' life around! If he wasn't handed the self help book, Jess would have at least been a little shit for longer! He wouldn't have changed in that moment as a person, he wouldn't have thanked Luke for everything, and it might have taken him longer to write his little short story novel! Noooo! Damnit; I could write paragraphs on how that moment changed Jess as a person, and it was all because of Luke. I really wanted that to be in the top 10.

8, 10,  20

• Love 1