Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Looks like 40 is gone. 

Will Luke kick Jess out? Will Emily shimmy out of her skirt, and the window? Will Jess take the plunge? Time to eliminate another one.

9. Luke and Jess fight after Luke finds out that Jess isn't graduating. "Then you gotta go"..3.20, "Say Goodnight Gracie"

35.Emily and Richard fight as she decides to leave for Europe ("Only prostitutes have 2 glasses of wine at lunch!"; "Well then buy me a boa and drive me to Reno because I am open for business!")..5.01 "Say Goodbye To Daisy Miller"

45. Jess is frustrated about saying the Pledge in seven different languages. Luke gets frustrated and pushes him in the lake.   "Look, what exactly do you want from me? You bring me here to this place, you put me in a school that says the Pledge of Allegiance in six different languages, two of which I've never heard of before. You take me away from my home, my friends, and now you want what from me?" (Nick and Nora)

Edited by lulu1960
29 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

45.  Honestly don't see the appeal of that one to everybody but me!

Wet.

Jess.

But thats just why I find the scene appealing ;) 

I will go with 9. I like the fights with some humor in them and that one ends far too seriously.

• Love 1

9 for me. So with that 9 is eliminated. But I do love it.

Okay, buckle your seatbelts this round is a toughy

35.Emily and Richard fight as she decides to leave for Europe ("Only prostitutes have 2 glasses of wine at lunch!"; "Well then buy me a boa and drive me to Reno because I am open for business!")..5.01 "Say Goodbye To Daisy Miller"

45. Jess is frustrated about saying the Pledge in seven different languages. Luke gets frustrated and pushes him in the lake.   "Look, what exactly do you want from me? You bring me here to this place, you put me in a school that says the Pledge of Allegiance in six different languages, two of which I've never heard of before. You take me away from my home, my friends, and now you want what from me?" (Nick and Nora)

1 minute ago, Blandings said:

45 to be eliminated; 35 to win

Have you decided what to play next? I love this game! 

Not yet.

Just a heads up. I will be on radio silence from Thursday when I go to bed to whenever I finish watching all four revival episodes on Friday. I've been okay with the generalized spoilers but I want to see how the actual episodes unfold without knowing everything. 

• Love 1

I love these both...but I'm going to vote 45 to win, because 9 was my favorite, and I think 45 is similar to 9 (on a smaller, funnier scale) in that you can see that Luke was just the person that Jess needed, to get his attention, set boundaries for him, and not let him get away with things.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Blandings said:

Have you decided what to play next? I love this game! 

I think before and during this round we had talked about doing a straight favorite character elimination, or a favorite Luke rants round...I was also thinking in light of this round that favorite Luke and Jess moments might be fun, or favorite Paris moments? I'm not sure if any of that has been done before..I'm up for anything really!

Ohhhhh, or what about favorite diner scenes? I think that could be really fun!

Edited by Bumblebee Tights
  • Love 2

Fetal position.

35 out, though I love them both.

7 minutes ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

I think before and during this round we had talked about doing a straight favorite character elimination, or a favorite Luke rants round...I was also thinking in light of this round that favorite Luke and Jess moments might be fun, or favorite Paris moments? I'm not sure if any of that has been done before..I'm up for anything really!

I like the idea of Luke rants!  And Paris moments too!

• Love 1

So how about this - we do Luke rants next, and then Paris moments after that?  If that is agreeable with everyone, start listing your fave Luke rants and we will get a game started after the holidays!

A couple of mine to start -

Luke rants about birthdays and gift giving after buying Rachel a set of kitty pot holders ("They meow.") -- P.S. I Lo...

Luke rants about the legendary Battle of Stars Hollow and 12 guys who stood waiting all night for an enemy that never showed ("They got stood up!  They should've been wearing prom dresses!")  -- Love & War & Snow

• Love 1

Luke rants while in the limo with Lorelai coming home from NYC. "I mean, forget about the smells you can’t identify. The ones you can identify are putrid! I mean, if it’s not that rank smell of hot dog gushing out of those dirty sidewalk carts, it’s the stench of the subway pouring out of the dirty grates!"

The Junie and Momo rant. "it starts out all very nice, two people promising to be together forever, I'll die when you die, my life meant nothing till you used my toothbrush. Then you start planning the wedding. Aunt Junie's allergic to milk. Uncle Momo's off his meds..."

-Luke rants about marriage:  "People grow and evolve at different rates..the minute you say I do, you're sticking yourself in a tiny box for the rest of your life..but hey, at least you had a party first, right"?-Red Light on the Wedding Night

-Luke rants at Christopher about Rory: " , where the hell were you when she got the chicken pox and would only eat mashed potatoes for a week, or where were you when she graduated high school,...Who the hell moved her mattress into her dorm, and out of her dorm and back into her dorm again?"- Wedding Bell Blues

-Luke rants to Nicole's parents after he finds out Jess is lying to him about going to school:" The first time they tell you they’re going to school and then you follow them, and they get in their car and drive to Wal-Mart...that is cute, that's just darling"-Happy Birthday, Baby

-

Luke is apartment hunting. "But if I take an apartment with a wood-burning fireplace, even though I could give a rat’s ass about a wood-burning fireplace, I have to pay an extra two hundred dollars a month for the wood-burning fireplace.... Who’s gonna pay for my car, huh? Where’s my five hundred dollar, paint-killing tree sap deposit?"

Luke at the funeral parlor. "No, no, Taylor and the guys were right. I was cutting Louie slack out of respect for my dad, but the man was rotten and mean and selfish all his life. For God’s sake, he’s even selfish in death. Other people would’ve loved to have had those baseball cards. I would’ve loved to have those baseball cards. He’s got Lou Gehrig’s rookie card, Joe DiMaggio, Willie Mays, tons of others – but no! My uncle, King Tut, has to take all of them to the afterlife with him!"

Luke's rant to Anna when he decides to seek custody of April: "  You know, you're always telling me I can't do this with your daughter and I can't do that with your daughter.. She's my kid, alright? She's our kid. She's not just yours...That's not how this works, okay? ...And I will fight you. I will fight you for that, Anna, if I have to''...Knit, People, Knit

(no matter what a drag the April storyline was, I have to love this moment)

Luke rants at Lorelai when he fills in at the Dragonfly during Sookie's bedrest and she camps upstairs to critique his food:" You want to know what I’m going to do? Nothing! Because I am in a relationship with you...but, oh, boy. I’m going to be thinking about what I would have done if we weren’t in a relationship, even though that would mean I wouldn’t be in this position in the first place"..But I'm a Gilmore 

Edited by Bumblebee Tights

Here's some of my favorites -- 

Luke buys the building next to the diner after his confrontation with Taylor.  S2E15 Lost and Found -- "I had to do something.  I had your voice going round in my head.  It's like the Small World song.  'Take a chance, Luke.  Make a move.  Can't have a single bed.  ' So I bought the building! Went to the bank, got a cashier's check signed the papers, and I bought the building.  I am the building's owner.  I own the building."  

Luke yells at Lorelai for buying his dad's boat and hiding it in her garage.  S3E10 But Not as Cute as Pushkin, Lorelia and Luke's first real fight as a couple -- "You thought about you and how you'd feel.  You didn't think about me, or the fact that I said I wanted to get rid of this damn boat.  I mean, I said it, Lorelai.  I said it, you heard it, and you ignored it.  You had no respect for what I wanted.  This was my dad.  This was his boat and this decision was mine.  This was not yours."

Luke tells Jess what is expected at the apartment after Jess and Rory get together.  S3E08 Let the Games Begin -- "You are not allowed on either end of this apartment. You are, instead, to remain here in the middle portion of the room. You may sit on the couch or on the chair, as long as you two are sitting on separate seats, i.e. when you’re on the couch, then she’s on the chair. When she’s on the couch, then you’re on the chair.  LUKE: On weekdays, you will have her home by nine. On weekends, you will have her home by eleven. Any evidence of alcohol, cigarette smoke, or anything else that Nancy Reagan would find unacceptable and you will not be allowed near her without an adult present. Are these rules clear?"

Luke is upset at the women breastfeeding in the diner and wants Lorelai to stop them.  S03E05 Eight O'Clock at the Oasis -- "When did that become acceptable? In the old days, a woman would never consider doing that in public.  They'd go find a barn or a cave or something.  I mean, it's indecent.  This is a diner not a peep show! Hey, consider making it a combo.  Of course, no one would ever feel the same ordering a glass of milk again, but I have to do something.  I just can't stand here and let the lactating continue.  Gross?  I'm gross? I'm not the one exposing myself for the entire world to see.  That's it.  You go make her stop.  Why not?  You''re a woman.  You have the same parts.  Scared of it?  I am being taken advantage of here, and I do not like being taken advantage of.  I hate this! Oh geez! Okay, well, that was kind of fun."

Luke and Lorelai go car shopping and he finally rants at her again, S07E19, It's Just Like Riding a Bike -- I'm not [hungry] and besides I wouldn't eat anything that came out of that bag.  I can't believe you still haven't cleaned that thing out.  How much time do you lose a day looking through that thing? I bet you'd gain a month if you just took an hour and cleaned it out, but no -- what?  You're smiling.

Edited by 33kaitykaity

From Raincoats (combined)

What was I supposed to say? I did things. I let my actions speak. That's what you're supposed to do. Your supposed to let your actions speak. That's the romantic way to do this, damn it.

He said you were together. I mean, I was sitting there listening to this guy spout on and on about how it's right, you're right, he's right. The whole time, I'm thinking, "What the hell have I been doing all this for? She's taken.

I don't want to calm down! I did everything right! I did exactly what the book said! I thought we were on track, and now you're standing there looking at me like I'm crazy. You know the last time I bought flowers for someone? Never! That's when! Very easy stat to remember!

From Twenty-one:

Yeah, but I'm the one who had to hear it, and she was loud. And she said "hell". I never heard her say "hell". I didn't even know she knew how to say "hell". She was mad and she yelled and she said "hell".

God, that's terrible. It's like drinking a "My Little Pony"

Edited by Kohola3

Some that spring to mind

Luke's lawyer rant - "Lawyers waste time and money. They’re needless middlemen who slither into people’s lives when they’re at their most vulnerable so they can clamp on and suck like leeches until everyone but them is distraught and penniless."

"Please, there is no fate. There is no fate. There is no destiny. There is no luck. Astrology is ridiculous. Tarot cards tell you nothing. You cannot read a palm. Tea leaves make tea and nothing else. Jim Morrison is not hanging out with Elvis, and the Kennedy’s did not kill Marilyn." (Chicken or Beef)

Okay here's what has been nominated so far.  Feel free to keep adding more!  I like Kohola's idea of waiting until next week to start voting, it's going to be a busy weekend for a lot of folks.

1.  Luke rants about birthdays and gift giving after buying Rachel a set of kitty pot holders ("They meow.") -- P.S. I Lo....

2.  Luke rants while in the limo with Lorelai coming home from NYC. "I mean, forget about the smells you can’t identify. The ones you can identify are putrid! I mean, if it’s not that rank smell of hot dog gushing out of those dirty sidewalk carts, it’s the stench of the subway pouring out of the dirty grates!" – Blame Booze & Melville

3.  The Junie and Momo rant. "it starts out all very nice, two people promising to be together forever, I'll die when you die, my life meant nothing till you used my toothbrush. Then you start planning the wedding. Aunt Junie's allergic to milk. Uncle Momo's off his meds..." – Hammers & Veils

4.  Luke rants about marriage:  "People grow and evolve at different rates..the minute you say I do, you're sticking yourself in a tiny box for the rest of your life..but hey, at least you had a party first, right"?-Red Light on the Wedding Night 

5.  Luke rants at Christopher about Rory: " , where the hell were you when she got the chicken pox and would only eat mashed potatoes for a week, or where were you when she graduated high school,...Who the hell moved her mattress into her dorm, and out of her dorm and back into her dorm again?"- Wedding Bell Blues 

6.  Luke rants to Nicole's parents after he finds out Jess is lying to him about going to school:" The first time they tell you they’re going to school and then you follow them, and they get in their car and drive to Wal-Mart...that is cute, that's just darling"-Happy Birthday, Baby 

7.  Luke is apartment hunting. "But if I take an apartment with a wood-burning fireplace, even though I could give a rat’s ass about a wood-burning fireplace, I have to pay an extra two hundred dollars a month for the wood-burning fireplace.... Who’s gonna pay for my car, huh? Where’s my five hundred dollar, paint-killing tree sap deposit?" – Lost and Found

8.  Luke at the funeral parlor. "No, no, Taylor and the guys were right. I was cutting Louie slack out of respect for my dad, but the man was rotten and mean and selfish all his life. For God’s sake, he’s even selfish in death. Other people would’ve loved to have had those baseball cards. I would’ve loved to have those baseball cards. He’s got Lou Gehrig’s rookie card, Joe DiMaggio, Willie Mays, tons of others – but no! My uncle, King Tut, has to take all of them to the afterlife with him!" – Dead Uncles & Vegetables

9.  Luke gets in an argument with Jess, has a few beers and tries to fix Lorelai's broken window.  “Today I found out what a big, dumb, idiot guy I am. Just an imposing, judgmental know-it-all who blows around yelling and complaining and screwing up everybody else's life.” He's got a handful of Barbie. – Nag Hammadi

10.  Luke's rant to Anna when he decides to seek custody of April: "  You know, you're always telling me I can't do this with your daughter and I can't do that with your daughter.. She's my kid, alright? She's our kid. She's not just yours...That's not how this works, okay? ...And I will fight you. I will fight you for that, Anna, if I have to''...Knit, People, Knit

11.  Luke rants at Lorelai when he fills in at the Dragonfly during Sookie's bedrest and she camps upstairs to critique his food:" You want to know what I’m going to do? Nothing! Because I am in a relationship with you...but, oh, boy. I’m going to be thinking about what I would have done if we weren’t in a relationship, even though that would mean I wouldn’t be in this position in the first place"..But I'm a Gilmore

12.  Luke buys the building next to the diner after his confrontation with Taylor.   "I had to do something.  I had your voice going round in my head.  It's like the Small World song.  'Take a chance, Luke.  Make a move.  Can't have a single bed.  ' So I bought the building! Went to the bank, got a cashier's check signed the papers, and I bought the building.  I am the building's owner.  I own the building."   – Lost and Found

13.  Luke yells at Lorelai for buying his dad's boat and hiding it in her garage.  Lorelai and Luke's first real fight as a couple. "You thought about you and how you'd feel.  You didn't think about me, or the fact that I said I wanted to get rid of this damn boat.  I mean, I said it, Lorelai.  I said it, you heard it, and you ignored it.  You had no respect for what I wanted.  This was my dad.  This was his boat and this decision was mine.  This was not yours." – But Not As Cute As Pushkin

14.  Luke tells Jess what is expected at the apartment after Jess and Rory get together.  ”You are not allowed on either end of this apartment. You are, instead, to remain here in the middle portion of the room. You may sit on the couch or on the chair, as long as you two are sitting on separate seats, i.e. when you’re on the couch, then she’s on the chair. When she’s on the couch, then you’re on the chair.  LUKE: On weekdays, you will have her home by nine. On weekends, you will have her home by eleven. Any evidence of alcohol, cigarette smoke, or anything else that Nancy Reagan would find unacceptable and you will not be allowed near her without an adult present. Are these rules clear?" – Let The Games Begin

15.  Luke is upset at the women breastfeeding in the diner and wants Lorelai to stop them.   "When did that become acceptable? In the old days, a woman would never consider doing that in public.  They'd go find a barn or a cave or something.  I mean, it's indecent.  This is a diner not a peep show! Hey, consider making it a combo.  Of course, no one would ever feel the same ordering a glass of milk again, but I have to do something.  I just can't stand here and let the lactating continue.  Gross?  I'm gross? I'm not the one exposing myself for the entire world to see.  That's it.  You go make her stop.  Why not?  You''re a woman.  You have the same parts.  Scared of it?  I am being taken advantage of here, and I do not like being taken advantage of.  I hate this! Oh geez! Okay, well, that was kind of fun." – Eight O'Clock At The Oasis

16.  Luke and Lorelai go car shopping and he finally rants at her again. “I'm not [hungry] and besides I wouldn't eat anything that came out of that bag.  I can't believe you still haven't cleaned that thing out.  How much time do you lose a day looking through that thing? I bet you'd gain a month if you just took an hour and cleaned it out, but no -- what?  You're smiling.” – It's Just Like Riding A Bike

17.  Luke finally admits to Lorelai he's interested in her romantically.  “What was I supposed to say? I did things. I let my actions speak. That's what you're supposed to do. Your supposed to let your actions speak. That's the romantic way to do this, damn it. ...He said you were together. I mean, I was sitting there listening to this guy spout on and on about how it's right, you're right, he's right. The whole time, I'm thinking, "What the hell have I been doing all this for? She's taken. ...I don't want to calm down! I did everything right! I did exactly what the book said! I thought we were on track, and now you're standing there looking at me like I'm crazy. You know the last time I bought flowers for someone? Never! That's when! Very easy stat to remember!” – Raincoats & Recipes

18.  “Yeah, but I'm the one who had to hear it, and she was loud. And she said "hell". I never heard her say "hell". I didn't even know she knew how to say "hell". She was mad and she yelled and she said "hell". ...God, that's terrible. It's like drinking a "My Little Pony" – Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number

19.  Luke and Lorelai discuss Lorelai's possible marriage to Max. “I guess if you can find that one person, you know, who's willing to put up with all your crap, and doesn't want to change you or dress you or you know, make you eat French food, then marriage can be all right. But that's only if you find that person.” – Red Light on the Wedding Night

20.  Luke's lawyer rant - "Lawyers waste time and money. They’re needless middlemen who slither into people’s lives when they’re at their most vulnerable so they can clamp on and suck like leeches until everyone but them is distraught and penniless." – The Lorelai's First Day at Yale

21.  "Please, there is no fate. There is no fate. There is no destiny. There is no luck. Astrology is ridiculous. Tarot cards tell you nothing. You cannot read a palm. Tea leaves make tea and nothing else. Jim Morrison is not hanging out with Elvis, and the Kennedy’s did not kill Marilyn." – Chicken or Beef

22.  Luke rants about the legendary Battle of Stars Hollow and 12 guys who stood waiting all night for an enemy that never showed ("They got stood up!  They should've been wearing prom dresses!")  -- Love & War & Snow

23.  Luke rants about kids:  "Even if there's no jam in the house, somehow, they've always got jam on their hands!"  – Nick & Nora, Sid & Nancy

Edited by Taryn74

A few more:

Tradition is a trap. It allows people to stick their head in the sand. Everything in the past was so quaint, so charming. Times were simpler. Kids didn't have sex. Neighbors knew each other. It's a freaking fairy tale. Things sucked then too. It just sucked without indoor plumbing. (Love and War and Snow).

This counter is my sacred space.  You don’t do yoga on the Dalai Lama’s mat, and you don’t come behind my counter, period. You bring her again and I want her on a leash. I mean it. (Cinnamon’s Wake)

My relatives – the ones I booked all the rooms for – not one is coming to Louie’s funeral.  I don’t know, which lame-o excuse do you wanna hear first? A bunch of ‘em claimed they can’t get outta work. Randy and Barbara don’t wanna miss their brat kid’s rugby semifinal.
My sister never even called back. My cousins Paul and Jim, who my dad helped put through college, said they were too exhausted from a fishing trip. And slightly disturbed cousin Franny said she can’t leave because her Petey’s sick.I saw the stupid thing once on a visit, flapping its wings like crazy, banging around, squawking the only two words it knows over and over – Petey and gorgeous. Gorgeous, Petey, gorgeous, Petey! (Dead Uncles and Vegetables)

• Love 1

1.  Luke rants about birthdays and gift giving after buying Rachel a set of kitty pot holders ("They meow.") -- P.S. I Lo....

2.  Luke rants while in the limo with Lorelai coming home from NYC. "I mean, forget about the smells you can’t identify. The ones you can identify are putrid! I mean, if it’s not that rank smell of hot dog gushing out of those dirty sidewalk carts, it’s the stench of the subway pouring out of the dirty grates!" – Blame Booze & Melville

3.  The Junie and Momo rant. "it starts out all very nice, two people promising to be together forever, I'll die when you die, my life meant nothing till you used my toothbrush. Then you start planning the wedding. Aunt Junie's allergic to milk. Uncle Momo's off his meds..." – Hammers & Veils

4.  Luke rants about marriage:  "People grow and evolve at different rates..the minute you say I do, you're sticking yourself in a tiny box for the rest of your life..but hey, at least you had a party first, right"?-Red Light on the Wedding Night 

5.  Luke rants at Christopher about Rory: " , where the hell were you when she got the chicken pox and would only eat mashed potatoes for a week, or where were you when she graduated high school,...Who the hell moved her mattress into her dorm, and out of her dorm and back into her dorm again?"- Wedding Bell Blues 

6.  Luke rants to Nicole's parents after he finds out Jess is lying to him about going to school:" The first time they tell you they’re going to school and then you follow them, and they get in their car and drive to Wal-Mart...that is cute, that's just darling"-Happy Birthday, Baby 

7.  Luke is apartment hunting. "But if I take an apartment with a wood-burning fireplace, even though I could give a rat’s ass about a wood-burning fireplace, I have to pay an extra two hundred dollars a month for the wood-burning fireplace.... Who’s gonna pay for my car, huh? Where’s my five hundred dollar, paint-killing tree sap deposit?" – Lost and Found

8.  Luke at the funeral parlor. "No, no, Taylor and the guys were right. I was cutting Louie slack out of respect for my dad, but the man was rotten and mean and selfish all his life. For God’s sake, he’s even selfish in death. Other people would’ve loved to have had those baseball cards. I would’ve loved to have those baseball cards. He’s got Lou Gehrig’s rookie card, Joe DiMaggio, Willie Mays, tons of others – but no! My uncle, King Tut, has to take all of them to the afterlife with him!" – Dead Uncles & Vegetables

9.  Luke gets in an argument with Jess, has a few beers and tries to fix Lorelai's broken window.  “Today I found out what a big, dumb, idiot guy I am. Just an imposing, judgmental know-it-all who blows around yelling and complaining and screwing up everybody else's life.” He's got a handful of Barbie. – Nag Hammadi

10.  Luke's rant to Anna when he decides to seek custody of April: "  You know, you're always telling me I can't do this with your daughter and I can't do that with your daughter.. She's my kid, alright? She's our kid. She's not just yours...That's not how this works, okay? ...And I will fight you. I will fight you for that, Anna, if I have to''...Knit, People, Knit

11.  Luke rants at Lorelai when he fills in at the Dragonfly during Sookie's bedrest and she camps upstairs to critique his food:" You want to know what I’m going to do? Nothing! Because I am in a relationship with you...but, oh, boy. I’m going to be thinking about what I would have done if we weren’t in a relationship, even though that would mean I wouldn’t be in this position in the first place"..But I'm a Gilmore

12.  Luke buys the building next to the diner after his confrontation with Taylor.   "I had to do something.  I had your voice going round in my head.  It's like the Small World song.  'Take a chance, Luke.  Make a move.  Can't have a single bed.  ' So I bought the building! Went to the bank, got a cashier's check signed the papers, and I bought the building.  I am the building's owner.  I own the building."   – Lost and Found

13.  Luke yells at Lorelai for buying his dad's boat and hiding it in her garage.  Lorelai and Luke's first real fight as a couple. "You thought about you and how you'd feel.  You didn't think about me, or the fact that I said I wanted to get rid of this damn boat.  I mean, I said it, Lorelai.  I said it, you heard it, and you ignored it.  You had no respect for what I wanted.  This was my dad.  This was his boat and this decision was mine.  This was not yours." – But Not As Cute As Pushkin

14.  Luke tells Jess what is expected at the apartment after Jess and Rory get together.  ”You are not allowed on either end of this apartment. You are, instead, to remain here in the middle portion of the room. You may sit on the couch or on the chair, as long as you two are sitting on separate seats, i.e. when you’re on the couch, then she’s on the chair. When she’s on the couch, then you’re on the chair.  On weekdays, you will have her home by nine. On weekends, you will have her home by eleven. Any evidence of alcohol, cigarette smoke, or anything else that Nancy Reagan would find unacceptable and you will not be allowed near her without an adult present. Are these rules clear?" – Let The Games Begin

15.  Luke is upset at the women breastfeeding in the diner and wants Lorelai to stop them.   "When did that become acceptable? In the old days, a woman would never consider doing that in public.  They'd go find a barn or a cave or something.  I mean, it's indecent.  This is a diner not a peep show! Hey, consider making it a combo.  Of course, no one would ever feel the same ordering a glass of milk again, but I have to do something.  I just can't stand here and let the lactating continue.  Gross?  I'm gross? I'm not the one exposing myself for the entire world to see.  That's it.  You go make her stop.  Why not?  You''re a woman.  You have the same parts.  Scared of it?  I am being taken advantage of here, and I do not like being taken advantage of.  I hate this! Oh geez! Okay, well, that was kind of fun." – Eight O'Clock At The Oasis

16.  Luke and Lorelai go car shopping and he finally rants at her again. “I'm not [hungry] and besides I wouldn't eat anything that came out of that bag.  I can't believe you still haven't cleaned that thing out.  How much time do you lose a day looking through that thing? I bet you'd gain a month if you just took an hour and cleaned it out, but no -- what?  You're smiling.” – It's Just Like Riding A Bike

17.  Luke finally admits to Lorelai he's interested in her romantically.  “What was I supposed to say? I did things. I let my actions speak. That's what you're supposed to do. Your supposed to let your actions speak. That's the romantic way to do this, damn it. ...He said you were together. I mean, I was sitting there listening to this guy spout on and on about how it's right, you're right, he's right. The whole time, I'm thinking, "What the hell have I been doing all this for? She's taken. ...I don't want to calm down! I did everything right! I did exactly what the book said! I thought we were on track, and now you're standing there looking at me like I'm crazy. You know the last time I bought flowers for someone? Never! That's when! Very easy stat to remember!” – Raincoats & Recipes

18.  “Yeah, but I'm the one who had to hear it, and she was loud. And she said "hell". I never heard her say "hell". I didn't even know she knew how to say "hell". She was mad and she yelled and she said "hell". ...God, that's terrible. It's like drinking a "My Little Pony" – Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number

19.  Luke and Lorelai discuss Lorelai's possible marriage to Max. “I guess if you can find that one person, you know, who's willing to put up with all your crap, and doesn't want to change you or dress you or you know, make you eat French food, then marriage can be all right. But that's only if you find that person.” – Red Light on the Wedding Night

20.  Luke's lawyer rant - "Lawyers waste time and money. They’re needless middlemen who slither into people’s lives when they’re at their most vulnerable so they can clamp on and suck like leeches until everyone but them is distraught and penniless." – The Lorelai's First Day at Yale

21.  "Please, there is no fate. There is no fate. There is no destiny. There is no luck. Astrology is ridiculous. Tarot cards tell you nothing. You cannot read a palm. Tea leaves make tea and nothing else. Jim Morrison is not hanging out with Elvis, and the Kennedy’s did not kill Marilyn." – Chicken or Beef

22.  Luke rants about the legendary Battle of Stars Hollow and 12 guys who stood waiting all night for an enemy that never showed ("They got stood up!  They should've been wearing prom dresses!")  -- Love & War & Snow

23.  Luke rants about kids:  "Even if there's no jam in the house, somehow, they've always got jam on their hands!"  – Nick & Nora, Sid & Nancy

24.  Tradition is a trap. It allows people to stick their head in the sand. Everything in the past was so quaint, so charming. Times were simpler. Kids didn't have sex. Neighbors knew each other. It's a freaking fairy tale. Things sucked then too. It just sucked without indoor plumbing. (Love and War and Snow)

25.  This counter is my sacred space.  You don’t do yoga on the Dalai Lama’s mat, and you don’t come behind my counter, period. You bring her again and I want her on a leash. I mean it. (Cinnamon’s Wake)

26.  My relatives – the ones I booked all the rooms for – not one is coming to Louie’s funeral.  I don’t know, which lame-o excuse do you wanna hear first? A bunch of ‘em claimed they can’t get outta work. Randy and Barbara don’t wanna miss their brat kid’s rugby semifinal.  My sister never even called back. My cousins Paul and Jim, who my dad helped put through college, said they were too exhausted from a fishing trip. And slightly disturbed cousin Franny said she can’t leave because her Petey’s sick.I saw the stupid thing once on a visit, flapping its wings like crazy, banging around, squawking the only two words it knows over and over – Petey and gorgeous. Gorgeous, Petey, gorgeous, Petey! (Dead Uncles and Vegetables)

27. Luke is upset at the way Lorelai is handling the rift with Rory.  "Fine! Maybe I shouldn't have told her anything. Maybe I should've kicked her out, ignored her, whatever! But you got to understand something: I'm in the middle! Yeah, she's your daughter, but I'm in the middle!"  He wins the argument because he's on the roof and has got the high ground. -- Fight Face

28.  Luke doesn't approve of Rory and Dean dating again.  Rory is Pippi Longstocking.  "But I guarantee you, if Pippi had met Dean, there would be no horse, no balloons. He'd drag her down to his level, spend all her gold coins, and poof, like that, all her dreams would be gone." -- We've Got Us A Pippi Virgin

Edited by Taryn74