Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

My beloved moment, 12, is gone.  Very tickled that it made it to the Top 3 though!!!  Now we're down to it, I feel like I know which one is going to win, but you never know!

3.  "Yes, Emily, you may go first." (Forgiveness & Stuff) 

20.  Rory tells Lorelai that she's given her everything she needs (Bon Voyage)

We have our winner!  It was close, I didn't vote in case we needed a tie breaker, but I would have wanted 3 to win by a very small margin.  That would still have made 20 our winner by one vote.

So, the most 'awww' worthy scene of the whole series is --

Rory tells Lorelai that she's given her everything she needs (Bon Voyage)

• Love 3

Earlier I proposed an elimination game of our favorite town meetings. Here's the list; I think that's all of them.

What's your opinion? Yes? No? Meh? 

All Gilmore Girls Town Meetings

1. “See you all next week when everyone gets fingerprinted for the government.” Luke and Lorelai’s relationship is discussed with charts. “You can have my word and a couple of middle fingers on that, Taylor.”(5.03, Written in the Stars)
  2. “Ticks are bad! Move on!” Jackson’s greenhouse is built too close to the edge of his property and he decides to run for town selectman. “He’s our Papa Doc.”(5.04, Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too)
  3. “Your enthusiasm … shocks me.” Kirk brings his girlfriend to the meeting and tells everyone about it. “He said nothing to me or my girlfriend.” “I’m here for you and your sexy beard, Taylor.”(4.07, The Festival of Living Art)
  4. A pickle train car spills. “This is a matter of pride, people!” “Pickle smell gone in 48 hours… along with everything good about Stars Hollow.”(7.05, The Great Stink)
  5. All streets are to be renamed to historical names. Sores and Boils Alley. Lorelai reaches an agreement for a better name until Taylor pats her on the head.(6.06, Welcome to the Dollhouse)
  6. Discuss the Jess situation. “He controls the weather and wrote the screenplay to Glitter!” Bootsy and Luke argue over the plaster handprint. Mia attends.(2.08, The Ins and Outs of Inns)
  7. Jackson is tricked into having a town meeting. Giant scissors. “Only hell waits for me at a town meeting.”(5.09, Emily Says Hello)
  8. Kirk applies to do his “Kirk in a box” The town finds out they don’t get to go to Rory’s Yale graduation. “Lulu can play Rory.”(7.21, Unto the Breach)
  9. Lorelai tries to get approval from the Historical Society for the Dragonfly reconstruction. Everyone exchanges misdirected mail. Taylor gets girly magazines. (4.04, Chicken or Beef)
  10. Luke plans a secret town meeting for Rory’s going-away party. “Dude, you’re who’s highly irregular!” (7.22, Bon Voyage)
  11. Luke wants the reenactors to attend Louie’s funeral. Harry’s House of Twinkle Lights closes. “Late again, are we? Yes, I hope I’m not pregnant!” The hirsute hippie opened a produce stand in the park. “Cart, kiosk, cart/kiosk.” Taylor left me twisting song.(2.17, Dead Uncles and Vegetables)
  12. Taylor proposes killing deer. Kirk proposes releasing a pack of wolves.(3.22, Those Are Strings, Pinocchio)
  13. Taylor takes over the entire festival budget for the hay bale maze. Kirk is a minotaur. (7.18, Hay Bale Maze)
  14. Taylor wants to open a soda shop. Kirk shows the diorama of the proposed shop. (3.03, Application Anxiety)
  15. The 3 a.m. meeting. Taylor tries to remotely control the Winter Carnival. (6.12, Just Like Gwen and Gavin)
  16. The town loner. Jesus waits for Patty. Too many birds landing on light poles. Taylor proposes putting sharp spikes up and “when they land, pow - they’re shish-kabobs”(3.06, Take the Deviled Eggs)
  17. The Twickham House is to be made into a museum. “No one’s dumping you in a landfill, Kirk.” Luke uncharacteristically volunteers to help and it comes out that he threw a frying pan at Taylor’s head.(5.18, to Live and Let Diorama)
  18. The two troubador decision (the mystique!). Rory speaks up “So give this guy a license!” Max attends. (1.21, Love, Daisies and Troubadours)
  19. There are leash laws, people! Reenactment. They should’ve been wearing prom dresses.(1.08, Love and War and Snow)

The pickle train has left the station and taken Kirk (and his box) with it.  4 and 8 have been eliminated.

Round 2 is now open.

1. “See you all next week when everyone gets fingerprinted for the government.” Luke and Lorelai’s relationship is discussed with charts. “You can have my word and a couple of middle fingers on that, Taylor.”(5.03, Written in the Stars)

2. “Ticks are bad! Move on!” Jackson’s greenhouse is built too close to the edge of his property and he decides to run for town selectman. “He’s our Papa Doc.”(5.04, Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too)

3. “Your enthusiasm … shocks me.” Kirk brings his girlfriend to the meeting and tells everyone about it. “He said nothing to me or my girlfriend.” “I’m here for you and your sexy beard, Taylor.”(4.07, The Festival of Living Art)

5. All streets are to be renamed to historical names. Sores and Boils Alley. Lorelai reaches an agreement for a better name until Taylor pats her on the head.(6.06, Welcome to the Dollhouse)

6. Discuss the Jess situation. “He controls the weather and wrote the screenplay to Glitter!” Bootsy and Luke argue over the plaster handprint. Mia attends.(2.08, The Ins and Outs of Inns)

7. Jackson is tricked into having a town meeting. Giant scissors. “Only hell waits for me at a town meeting.”(5.09, Emily Says Hello)

9. Lorelai tries to get approval from the Historical Society for the Dragonfly reconstruction. Everyone exchanges misdirected mail. Taylor gets girly magazines. (4.04, Chicken or Beef)

10. Luke plans a secret town meeting for Rory’s going-away party. “Dude, you’re who’s highly irregular!” (7.22, Bon Voyage)

11. Luke wants the reenactors to attend Louie’s funeral. Harry’s House of Twinkle Lights closes. “Late again, are we? Yes, I hope I’m not pregnant!” The hirsute hippie opened a produce stand in the park. “Cart, kiosk, cart/kiosk.” Taylor left me twisting song.(2.17, Dead Uncles and Vegetables)

12. Taylor proposes killing deer. Kirk proposes releasing a pack of wolves.(3.22, Those Are Strings, Pinocchio)

13. Taylor takes over the entire festival budget for the hay bale maze. Kirk is a minotaur. (7.18, Hay Bale Maze)

14. Taylor wants to open a soda shop. Kirk shows the diorama of the proposed shop. (3.03, Application Anxiety)

15. The 3 a.m. meeting. Taylor tries to remotely control the Winter Carnival. (6.12, Just Like Gwen and Gavin)

16. The town loner. Jesus waits for Patty. Too many birds landing on light poles. Taylor proposes putting sharp spikes up and “when they land, pow - they’re shish-kabobs”(3.06, Take the Deviled Eggs)

17. The Twickham House is to be made into a museum. “No one’s dumping you in a landfill, Kirk.” Luke uncharacteristically volunteers to help and it comes out that he threw a frying pan at Taylor’s head.(5.18, to Live and Let Diorama)

18. The two troubador decision (the mystique!). Rory speaks up “So give this guy a license!” Max attends. (1.21, Love, Daisies and Troubadours)

19. There are leash laws, people! Reenactment. They should’ve been wearing prom dresses.(1.08, Love and War and Snow)

Edited by lulu1960

I like the idea behind 10, but it just requires too much suspension of disbelief, to the point of being almost cringeworthy for me..."I mean for God's sake, it is Rory we're talking about"! I know what they were going for, but, is Rory really the only girl in town to have ever graduated college? I know it's an Ivy, but is she THAT much of a focal point in everyone's lives? 

• Love 1