Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Homecoming

• Start Topic

Think I'm in agreement with most people here: too many people were holding the Idiot Ball to make it satisfying, although a lot of the emotional stuff was actually compelling (even though I normally tune out for that).

OK, first off, for all that John Jones said that they'd have to "run him through a few checks" did they actually do ANYTHING? They clearly didn't check his arm and nor did they have John mindscan him. I can accept Alex getting so giddy at her dad coming back that she wasn't thinking clearly (hell, I can even understand her pulling a "You're not REALLY his daughter!" - it's ignoble, but understandable) but what's JOHN'S excuse? And as soon as they discovered Jeremiah was hacking files, they really should have run the checks. He wouldn't even have to be doing it consciously (necessarily) as he could have been mind controlled in some way. Though admittedly, I was convinced that the bomb really existed and was placed in Jeremiah's "crippled" hand and was going, "I guess your medical check will find his fake arm" You ARE going to check his arm right?" "CHECK THE DAMN ARM, YOU IDIOTS!" with increasing levels of exasperation (OK, I'd've been wrong on the specifics, but it still would have averted the outcome they got).

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 2:30 AM, Lantern7 said:

And it turns out that J'onn couldn't read Jeremiah's mind as he was making a move? Really?!?

Yeah, two points there:

1) It showed John HADN'T scanned him - a guy who'd been in enemy, anti-alien hands for years. OK, he LOOKS like your old friend, but we've ALREADY had an evil clone and shapeshifters (like you!) on Supergirl and

2) Cadmus HAS a defence against mind reading, which is something you might want to look into.