Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I really like Kelsey. She is super pretty but never expected to get by on that and she can laugh at her own shortcomings. Its nice to see a DCC act like a real person instead of always being "on". I really hope she makes it back. That girl is body goals.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

I really like Kelsey. She is super pretty but never expected to get by on that and she can laugh at her own shortcomings. Its nice to see a DCC act like a real person instead of always being "on". I really hope she makes it back. That girl is body goals.

I don't think Kelsey has to worry either, she has done her homework, worked her ass off,  and she has quite the fan base. 

Some of the others however, I really worry about (Allie, Yuko,...) after seeing the new group of girls coming in. It really may be, "the best group of girls we've ever had". 

• Love 4

I think Kelsey L brings much more to the team than just being gorgeous. You can't make it on the team by looks alone. No, her dancing isn't on a  Jenn K or Melissa level but she seems to fit in just fine. Her personality also seems great. 

• Love 10

I love Melissa. I think she looks like Bridget Mendler from the Disney Channel... I'll miss her. She is one of the best dancers. And of course I am heartbroken by Danielle leaving. She was so down to Earth and that hair. I would kill for hair like that. I'm too lazy to fix mine. I'm a card carrying member of the messy bun club.

• Love 4

I wasn't much of a Kelsey fan before last season, i felt like she was too much of a party girl or not hard enough working or something, but she really won me over. I'm really rooting for her now and I love how she kept working hard and improving. I think she deserved a spot on the team and I hope she makes it back. And that's also why I love MTT, we get a much better picture of the girls than from social media alone. 

• Love 5

I thought Kelsey came over really well in MTT,, gracious and with a great sense of humour, and resilient in the face of J and K's criticism. A bit like Colby a season or two earlier, when a girl handles getting a tough critique from J and K  with maturity, it makes me think better of them. 

• Love 11

Kelsey definitely isn't just a pretty face! Girl can dance! Yes she can't compete with girls like Erica, Holly or JennK but I think that's the case with a lot of the girls. Holly is a stand out because her level of talent is rare. If every girl on the team could dance like her we wouldn't be so amazed by her! And in any case, for me Kelsey is an amazing ambassador. She is well spoken and she has a great sense of humor. Plus a girl who can laugh at herself while called "bacon" on tv is definitely able to handle the rudest fan.I'm #teamkelsey too!

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Why is Amy T retiring after only 2 years? Does anyone know? She's one of my favorites. 

I thought it had to do with her wanting to concentrate on her career...or maybe I'm confusing her with Melissa :(

I'd love to know why exactly Amy T is leaving already too :( I thought Megan might want to be done after weight stuff this past year but Amy I saw staying a bit longer - esp because it seemed for sure she'd move up in triangle with Melissa leaving! maybe she wanted to leave at same time as Megan.  All I can say is WOW she is so beautiful.  

It's funny how with them featuring each girl that's leaving on the DCC social media avenues ppl are FREAKING OUT like "why are so many retiring?! WHAT IS GOING ON?!" and not realizing there's usually at least 5 who retire every year.  

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I thought it had to do with her wanting to concentrate on her career...or maybe I'm confusing her with Melissa :(

I think you're probably right, I remember a clip on MTT they did her first year where she was developing surgical spine replacement parts with a couple of her classmates. It was quite impressive, talk about beauty and brains. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

Why is Amy T retiring after only 2 years? Does anyone know? She's one of my favorites. 

Both Amy T and Megan were CONSTANTLY on weight warning.  I'm sure it got old.

(edited)

I thought I had read something that she got a really good job in the field she studied in college and simply wouldn't have the time anymore. Plus, Tex-Mex food. What's life without Tex mex whenever you want in the DFW area?!

Edited by Oklahomama
  • Love 4

Yeah, I figured Amy T was retiring because of weight and career ambition. Part of what makes her so sexy in appearance is her curves, especially her hips, but I figured she was tired of working so hard to keep them trim. I know she wanted her MBA, so maybe with her bestie retiring she thought it was time to move on too. A very impressive young lady and performer! I wish she were staying another year. 

As for Allie, I'm not worried about her at all. I think she's upped her glam factor and seems to be rocking a newly toned figure that now gets Kelli's approval. Good for her! She's smart, a fabulous dancer, seems very personable and responsible, and I think she's pretty. I imagine she'll be a great DCC for a few years, maybe even a second leader by next year. 

• Love 5

I don't believe anyone on the team hasn't made it of their own merit. Kelsey has worked hard the past 3 or 4 years to make the team, dance classes and studying. Her experience on the ice angels helps as well. She's a great dancer, also what you see on the show is only so indicative of her dancing. You don't know what happened after the cameras turned off so you can't really judge her dancing by training camp.

45 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Both Amy T and Megan were CONSTANTLY on weight warning.  I'm sure it got old.

With that being said, I wonder how many retired DCC get UNpleasantly plump?

32 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

With that being said, I wonder how many retired DCC get UNpleasantly plump?

Oddly enough, there are some who actually get more toned after retiring.  Maybe it's easier when you're doing it on your own accord and not under so much pressure.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Oddly enough, there are some who actually get more toned after retiring.  Maybe it's easier when you're doing it on your own accord and not under so much pressure.

Soooo this.  I feel like the majority actually almost look more in shape after when the insane pressure is off (Roni, Brooke, Stephanie Heymann, Alex) - cortisol/stress is NO joke. 

• Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

I too am on her bandwagon, she's amazing! I think it may be a bloodbath Saturday night. A bloodbath of those who are not memorable. 

My exact thoughts. Because we all have witnessed MTT in past seasons that proves no matter how much K&J might like a current Vet, if they are out performed they get cut!! Plain and Simple. Of course this did not apply to the past DCC with the initials CT. 

Also, I viewed Erin's (Finalist) Instagram and she is impressive and has a Ballet background. I smell a bloodbath headed our way. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 5

Amy T has done the pro cheer/dance thing for a long time. She may just be ready to move on to the next thing. Some girls don't revolve their entire lives around a year or two with the DCC. I'm sorry she's gone, but understand why she'd be ready to do something else, especially something more 'grown up' like a full time job that uses her education.

• Love 3

I'm surprised that anyone stays on the team for more than a couple of years. A gig like DCC is a luxury for a lot of people. It takes all your time, doesn't pay enough to support an independent lifestyle, is difficult to balance with an 8 to 5 job, and doesn't leave much room for pursuing other goals.  If being in the dance/entertainment world isn't where your professional aspirations lie, at some point you have to get practical. The longer you're out of school and doing barista/receptionist/part time yoga instructor jobs, the harder it is to get your career on track. If you are self-employed, or have a job like nursing or teaching, it can be a bit easier to fit the professional job/DCC activities into your schedule. But that's not most people.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

My exact thoughts. Because we all have witnessed MTT in past seasons that proves no matter how much K&J might like a current Vet, if they are out performed they get cut!! Plain and Simple. Of course this did not apply to the past DCC with the initials CT. 

Also, I viewed Erin's (Finalist) Instagram and she is impressive and has a Ballet background. I smell a bloodbath headed our way. 

I couldn't agree more, had she not had those initials I doubt she would have made it to finals. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Soooo this.  I feel like the majority actually almost look more in shape after when the insane pressure is off (Roni, Brooke, Stephanie Heymann, Alex) - cortisol/stress is NO joke. 

I can totally see what you mean, most of them look more tone and younger after DCC. I'm not a stress eater at all but tell me I can't have something then I'll have double. 

• Love 1

There have been girls who made the team because of their male and fan appeal. A girl can also make the team if they cannot dance aka Jordan Chanley,  and of course Morgan and Kaitlyn from Season 8. Tony Romo's wife said she did not care if Kelsey could not dance because she wanted to keep looking at her because she found her beautiful. In otherwords, who cares if she cannot dance with a darn as long as looks good. I am not saying Kelsey will not bring her A++ game to finals this weekend, but if there are other girls who are just as attractive and can dance, Kelsey might be shown the door.

It's probably easier to eat healthy once you quit and have 'normal' eating habits, all those long days and nights plus a job, you probably grab too many snacks and unhealthy stuff just to not be hungry. And you have more time to cook and watch what you're eating...

• Love 6

And when you arent worrying about a certain number on the scale, you actually take care of yourself better. My weight will fluctuate depending on what type of workouts I'm doing.  I'm healthier, more athletic, and leaner looking now then I was when I was 8lbs lighter.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Amy T has done the pro cheer/dance thing for a long time. She may just be ready to move on to the next thing. Some girls don't revolve their entire lives around a year or two with the DCC. I'm sorry she's gone, but understand why she'd be ready to do something else, especially something more 'grown up' like a full time job that uses her education.

THIS. Because THIS!

• Love 4

I can totally see what you mean, most of them look more tone and younger after DCC. I'm not a stress eater at all but tell me I can't have something then I'll have double. 

I strolled through Roni's instagram and was struck by how beautiful she looked. I remember her crying in Kelli's office and I thought she looked puffy, but she looks great now

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I think this year will be very interesting because the vets are also very very strong. There is no one who seems to be out of shape and the team is also pretty young with only four girls left in the 3+ group. I think that will also play a part. But the candidates look very good too.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

There have been girls who made the team because of their male and fan appeal. A girl can also make the team if they cannot dance aka Jordan Chanley,  and of course Morgan and Kaitlyn from Season 8. Tony Romo's wife said she did not care if Kelsey could not dance because she wanted to keep looking at her because she found her beautiful. In otherwords, who cares if she cannot dance with a darn as long as looks good. I am not saying Kelsey will not bring her A++ game to finals this weekend, but if there are other girls who are just as attractive and can dance, Kelsey might be shown the door.

Well Kelsey totally can dance. Maybe not on a "dcc" level but being a mediocre dcc means that you are very talented in "real world" criteria. And Kelsey definitely lacks the superior techniques that the other girls with the extensive dance background have, but she does have power, projection and sex appeal which are very important for the dcc. Plus, with girls like Morgan it was obvious that they were struggling. With Kelsey there was no concrete criticism apart from genius critiques like you look like bacon. They never said that she keeps doing the same mistakes, they just kept attacking her with various creative "criticisms". I don't doubt she may be cut, but if she does, it will be because Kelli never liked her in the first place. And btw, i think that one of the insiders last year confirmed that Kelsey didn't struggle and it was all just editing. But we'll see of course.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well Kelsey totally can dance. Maybe not on a "dcc" level but being a mediocre dcc means that you are very talented in "real world" criteria. And Kelsey definitely lacks the superior techniques that the other girls with the extensive dance background have, but she does have power, projection and sex appeal which are very important for the dcc. Plus, with girls like Morgan it was obvious that they were struggling. With Kelsey there was no concrete criticism apart from genius critiques like you look like bacon. They never said that she keeps doing the same mistakes, they just kept attacking her with various creative "criticisms". I don't doubt she may be cut, but if she does, it will be because Kelli never liked her in the first place. And btw, i think that one of the insiders last year confirmed that Kelsey didn't struggle and it was all just editing. But we'll see of course.

This alllll this. Kelsey has said herself it was the editing and that she didn't think she was struggling.

I need Kelsey, Heather, Heather, Maggie, Madeline, Erica, Holly, Lacey to make it back.

I also need Danielle and Melissa not to retire, Abigail, Erica J (that hair), Ashton, and Nicole to decide to come back to the team.

I don't know if I could handle having them all on the team at once.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

I need Kelsey, Heather, Heather, Maggie, Madeline, Erica, Holly, Lacey to make it back.

I also need Danielle and Melissa not to retire, Abigail, Erica J (that hair), Ashton, and Nicole to decide to come back to the team.

YES haha

The best part is that Abigail, Erica Jenkin, Ashton and Nicole all still 100% look DCC-ready.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I am not saying Kelsey will not bring her A++ game to finals this weekend, but if there are other girls who are just as attractive and can dance, Kelsey might be shown the door.

Exactly

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

Which Nicole? Hamilton or Bulcer? I loved both of them!!

• Love 1

I feel like this is where lack of the fan vote videos are really affecting us. We're going into finals blind! Before we were able to do our own predictions based on a little glimpse of their talent. I've decided they should make the fan vote videos for us only. ???I know, dream the freak on. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I hope someone will be monitoring the veterans' twitter accounts this weekend -- for those who don't make it back, they are immediately deactivated!

I remember, I kept trying Kat's Twitter and boom it was gone. It's harsh. 

• Love 2

For the record, it so sucks that Mandy is NOT coming back for another season. While it did look like she was retaining water in Bimini, she looks fantastic right now. I am still bummed out about this...

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

For the record, it so sucks that Mandy is NOT coming back for another season. While it did look like she was retaining water in Bimini, she looks fantastic right now. I am still bummed out about this...

I couldn't agree more. BTW, we're they mad at her for making her decision after the Bimini trip? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I couldn't agree more. BTW, we're they mad at her for making her decision after the Bimini trip? 

Well that's the thing, right? No one is going to go on the record and say what happened and importantly WHEN it happened. I would bet money that because Mandy has class and integrity that this happened after the Bimini trip.  Mandy is too world class to do something shady like that. 

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Well that's the thing right? No one is going to go on the record and say what happened and importantly WHEN it happened. I would bet money that because Mandy has class and integrity that this happened after the Bimini trip.  Mandy is too world class to do something shady like that. 

I don't think she was being Shady at all, I was afraid others might have taken it that way. I too am sad she's leaving, she was the whole DCC package. 

• Love 3

Just rewatched episode 2 of last season, where they do the little feature on Mandy .... gahhhhhh so pretty and Kitty just had such high praise for her and her solo.  I didn't think she'd stay five years but i saw her getting near front of triangle :( i keep hoping she'll change her mind by this weekend. 

• Love 3