Type keyword(s) to search

Guest Hosts: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Discuss any and all guest hosts here.

Sometimes when one or more of the hosts is out, they have a guest host.  I see no rhyme or reason to this though, because they sometimes do the show with just 4 of them.  And I have to say, I prefer that.  That said, I have liked some guest hosts more than others.  I liked Ming Sai and Curtis Stone (I like him more here than on Top Chef Masters).  I was OK with Yvette Nicole Brown, but got so tired of seeing her - they had her on WAY too many times for my taste.

Nia Long is guest hosting again today, and yes, she's absolutely delightful. She blends well with the cast, has a charming and fun personality, and unlike some guests, seems like she actually cooks.

• Love 2

I am way behind and am now catching up on shows.  Who is this Chrissy Teagan(?) person and why is she a guest host?  She's not bad, but more than half way through and I don't know that she's added anything.

She's John Legend's wife, a model who spends a great deal of time naked or nearly so. There seems to be a huge push on to make her "happen", as I've seen her on a number of different shows, but I don't see that she brings much to any table.

• Love 1
(edited)

She's John Legend's wife, a model who spends a great deal of time naked or nearly so. There seems to be a huge push on to make her "happen", as I've seen her on a number of different shows, but I don't see that she brings much to any table.

That is a great way to put it. I have been seeing her all over and when you put it that way, yes there is a huge push to make her "happen".

She seems fun enough but I'm pretty meh about her.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

Okay, I'm not a rabid sports fan beyond my own city so I have no idea who Jesse Palmer is but he can guest-host anytime as far as I'm concerned.  Cute, funny and a great fit with the rest of the hosts.  I didn't miss Mario a bit.

• Love 5

Okay, I'm not a rabid sports fan beyond my own city so I have no idea who Jesse Palmer is but he can guest-host anytime as far as I'm concerned. Cute, funny and a great fit with the rest of the hosts. I didn't miss Mario a bit.

He is very good looking, isn't he. I don't know much about him either, except that he was on The Bachelor a few years ago. I didn't watch it but I remember him doing the talk show rounds and of course noticed his cute face.

I did enjoy him as guest host.

• Love 1

Brooke Shields wasn't bad last week, but my favorite guest host part last week was when Symon called out Nene or whatever her name was for being awful to the normal people cooking.

I've always liked Symon but like turned to love when he did that. He was clearly still (rightfully) disgusted by something that happened months ago.

• Love 3