Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Robin Leach/Eric Roberts

I didn't expect Eric Roberts to be such a down to earth, regular guy.  He seemed so kind, and loves his wife so much!  I appreciate that his home is a normal house in a normal neighborhood, and that they are both animal lovers.  His stock went way up for me, because for some odd reason I had this idea that he had been in the media before as a jerk or weirdo or something.  Must have had him mixed up with someone else, because he came across as a real darling.

Even having co-founded the Food Network, I'm surprised by Robin's wealth.  I saw zero chemistry between him and his "partner", and when she mentioned that she has her own house, and referred to going home as going to "Robin's house"...yeah, I agree....beard.  I guess it's working for them, but if Robin is actually gay then it makes me sad to think he has lived to such a ripe age and never felt comfortable being himself.  Maybe he's not, though.  Maybe they are both just asexual.  And for the record, Joan, you were NOT almost attacked by that squirrel.

• Love 3

I didn't expect Eric Roberts to be such a down to earth, regular guy.  He seemed so kind, and loves his wife so much!  I appreciate that his home is a normal house in a normal neighborhood, and that they are both animal lovers.  His stock went way up for me, because for some odd reason I had this idea that he had been in the media before as a jerk or weirdo or something.  Must have had him mixed up with someone else, because he came across as a real darling.

It's the whole long conflict with his sister, who was "America's Darling", that helped cast Eric as the inevitable villain.

In later years I think a lot more people have settled on the notion that maybe Julia is a mega-bitch, but also it's undebatable that Eric was SERIOUSLY messed up for a lot of years.  He was a coke fiend through the late 80s, and about half of the 90s.  Yes, THAT long.  He had some domestic violence arrest in the mid 90s for slamming his wife into a wall while high.  Despite supposedly "cleaning up" he was on Celebrity Rehab in the last few years (for marijuana allegedly instead of cocaine).

On the "good side", if you believe in that kind of thing, apparently he's married to the same woman for all those years.  Which kind of makes HER the saint, seeing as how messed up he was, including that wall slamming thing.  But since he married her right in the middle of those drug using years, it can't be that she didn't know what he was like.

I haven't seen this episode yet, and won't for a bit I bet, but I'm curious.  Did it even mention that he's Emma Roberts father? (I'm sure Julia got mentioned though)

• Love 1

Did it even mention that he's Emma Roberts father? (I'm sure Julia got mentioned though)

I think it was Eric's wife who said that "Emma is an amazing actress", or something like that.  It was definitely mentioned.

I have to say as a Las Vegas person, that the Black Bear is pretty good diner. I'm glad RL didn't beat up on it too badly.

Also, I rather miss the regular wife swap. This show seems a little too put on.

• Love 1

I understandand/ know that not every 'hollywood star' wants to live in a colossal manson but Eric's house is pretty small/average. He is broke ?

My house is bigger/nicer then his and I'm not as huge star.

Edited by Taylorh2

I think Eric is smart to have a smaller, more manageable house.  Maybe all his money went up his nose all of those years, but it is refreshing and much better to see than reading things like (last week) Teri Polo has filed bankruptcy.  Live within your means!  You never know when your next job will be or what it will be or pay!

• Love 3

I think Eric is smart to have a smaller, more manageable house.  Maybe all his money went up his nose all of those years, but it is refreshing and much better to see than reading things like (last week) Teri Polo has filed bankruptcy.  Live within your means!  You never know when your next job will be or what it will be or pay!

I guess it also proves he's not stealing money from his daughter.

• Love 2

Even having co-founded the Food Network, I'm surprised by Robin's wealth.  I saw zero chemistry between him and his "partner", and when she mentioned that she has her own house, and referred to going home as going to "Robin's house"...yeah, I agree....beard.  I guess it's working for them, but if Robin is actually gay then it makes me sad to think he has lived to such a ripe age and never felt comfortable being himself.  Maybe he's not, though.  Maybe they are both just asexual.  And for the record, Joan, you were NOT almost attacked by that squirrel.

They don't have to both be asexual.  They could just be quiet with this actual sexual exploits, I think.

Joan probably has always gotten lots of offers.  She was a nothing actress, but looking like this, I think men were never a problem:

q3OWQML.jpg

• Love 1