Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Rule #225: What Happens in Bakersfield Stays in Bakersfield

Abby seeks inspiration for her novel while stuck on a trip with her son’s baseball team. Also: The rest of the girlfriends embark on a weekend getaway; Jo worries about her alcoholic former husband; and Phoebe gets entangled with a billionaire playgirl.

I hate all of these women, really. Much like the girls of Girls and the women of Sex n the City, they're all sort of terrible and despicable and stupid. Why do I keep watching?

Phoebe, in particular, with her "money woes", makes me me want to smack her pretty face.  So you can't afford a hotel room, but you can afford a $4k dress? Who writes checks? And don't most retail establishments have that kind of check reader that immediately deducts the funds, so that if she DIDN'T have it in her account, it would be declined as surely as her credit card? And she only has one credit card, or are they all maxed out? And she's too proud to ask to sleep in one of her friends' room, but not too proud to sleep outside in a hammock? Where was her luggage during all of this? And does everyone dress up like Cher when they go see her? And aren't these women just a little too long in the tooth for this shit? And I missed a scene...but was Jo having sex with the gay guy? She's so hot even 30 year old homosexuals want her? Um, really? And Delia 'never meant to hurt' whatshisface? If you sleep with somebody else, you don't care if you're hurting your SO, so shut up. I'm at least glad he told her 'no way'.

And Abby...again with the spindly heels at a baseball game and the stupid hairdos. What does the hot coach see in her, anyway, seriously?

• Love 8

All of this and more. I made it 20 minutes before I deleted it from my DVR (right after the coach actually spit on Abby).  No one I know was behaving this stupidly at 25 let alone 45. This show is an insult to women. I'm out. 

• Love 2

It really is so terrible. Phoebe is so enamored of the rich woman that I'm just waiting for them to have an affair in an episode or two. And Phoebe just casually mentions that she stole an Hermes scarf? What? 

Still don't understand what the coach could possibly see in Abby. She has no appealing characteristics.

• Love 4

I can not hate Abby more. She is a vile, nasty, unhappy, condescending woman and the whole storyline of making that hot coach have a thing for her is rediculous and not believable. 

I'm sorry but with a pack of super skinny self involved bitches, Barbara just doesn't fit in. Who decided they needed a chubby black woman to round out the cast? She has nothing in common with these awful narcissists, she has no chemistry with them, and most of all, she's an intelligent, decent human being which really sets her too far apart from the rest. 

• Love 6

Jo used to be my favorite part of the show, but now she is just a drag. What has happened to her appearance this season? Lost too much weight? Keep her sweet daughter somehow and dump Jo & Frump. 

Barbara is entirely too smart and grounded to hang with these vapid women.

• Love 2

The Phoebe money thing makes absolutely no sense, she mentioned she was fine because she had a bunch of money saved but she has already blown it in what, a few weeks? But her credit card is maxed out but she has $3,000 for a dress in her checking account? What, no debit card or did she write a hot check (I means she did steal an Hermes scarf)? And if the hotel won't take a debit card could she not just tell one of her friends that she made a mistake and has to transfer money to her credit card and it would be no big deal?

Why do I keep watching this stupid show?

• Love 2

I hate Abby. Still okay with Delia and the Gordon scenes were much less cringey than I'd expected. Phoebe...oh Phoebe. There's a certain recklessness that can come when you feel over your head. Hanged for a sheep as a lamb, the saying goes. I'd like to see her overcome this, but her lifestyle of choice doesn't mesh well with her seemingly Earth Mother complex. Jo, I don't know. Bring back Hot Baker. 

And Barbara should have been on that trip. With no Abby there, she'd have enjoyed it. 

• Love 1