Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Harry's Meat And Gatsby's Fete

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, grisgris said:

I don't like Dorit or her smarmy husband.  Her speaking voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Speaking of voices, is it just me or does Erika's voice sometimes sound like Bart Simpson?  If she ever gets tired of being Erika Jane she could always go into doing voiceovers for cartoons.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am going to take a stab that he bought a bunch of single crust pie crusts in a tin and needed a top crust so he took one out of a tin, rolled it out, and placed it on top of the filling.  Or he was pretending to make them.  Those were bought crusts.  No shame in that game, I don't always make crusts for pies.  But I also don't take credit for said pie crusts.  Its a peeve of mine.  HA!

I work with food for a living, and make a killer pie crust, but sometimes I use one I buy at the store. I don't eat or like pies, and my husband doesn't care. I still peel the apples, add the cinnamon and sugar, and I call them homemade. As far as I am concerned, if I don't purchase them ready to go at the bakery, I made them.  My SIL, who lives on a farm and shoots, plucks, and cleans her turkeys once told me my store bought turkey for Thanksgiving doesn't count the same as hers does because I took the easy way out. No way sister. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I work with food for a living, and make a killer pie crust, but sometimes I use one I buy at the store. I don't eat or like pies, and my husband doesn't care. I still peel the apples, add the cinnamon and sugar, and I call them homemade. As far as I am concerned, if I don't purchase them ready to go at the bakery, I made them.  My SIL, who lives on a farm and shoots, plucks, and cleans her turkeys once told me my store bought turkey for Thanksgiving doesn't count the same as hers does because I took the easy way out. No way sister. 

Explanation of my crazy:  I love all sweets whether they are homemade, semi homemade, bought.  I judge no sweet offered to me no matter how it came to be. I have a weird thing where *I* feel like I am being disingenuous if I claim something is homemade when I bought the crust/used boxed cake mix.  I know its crazy.  

Your SIL is pretty badass.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Explanation of my crazy:  I love all sweets whether they are homemade, semi homemade, bought.  I judge no sweet offered to me no matter how it came to be. I have a weird thing where *I* feel like I am being disingenuous if I claim something is homemade when I bought the crust/used boxed cake mix.  I know its crazy.  

Your SIL is pretty badass.  

I love people that are passionate and proud of their food - no matter the effort, so I totally get it. That's what I loved about Harry. He didn't do it all himself, but he was engaged in the process and proud of it.  He was touching the food, which sounds strange, but that is the passion. Years ago, I was developing a soup product for retail sale - a product that no longer exists with the help of a regional celebrity chef. I was really proud of it, and while discussing with a new friend, offered to bring her some to try since she said she loved soup. She declined a store refrigerated soup since she said she made her own soup. I was impressed, since I also love to make my own soup. I asked her how she made her stock. I constantly bother people with these questions. Did she roast the meat and vegetables (as I do), or did she cook them in a stockpot as is traditional. She looked at me as if I had sprouted a second head because she used canned/aseptic store bought stock. Inside I laughed, because of course the stock is the basis for everything that will follow, and the real homemade part. But she is still making a homemade product because while using major shortcuts, she is assembling and tasting, touching and loving, and the results make me so happy.  I just loved what Harry was doing. And he was looking really good while doing it, which is a major bonus. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I love people that are passionate and proud of their food - no matter the effort, so I totally get it. That's what I loved about Harry. He didn't do it all himself, but he was engaged in the process and proud of it.  He was touching the food, which sounds strange, but that is the passion. Years ago, I was developing a soup product for retail sale - a product that no longer exists with the help of a regional celebrity chef. I was really proud of it, and while discussing with a new friend, offered to bring her some to try since she said she loved soup. She declined a store refrigerated soup since she said she made her own soup. I was impressed, since I also love to make my own soup. I asked her how she made her stock. I constantly bother people with these questions. Did she roast the meat and vegetables (as I do), or did she cook them in a stockpot as is traditional. She looked at me as if I had sprouted a second head because she used canned/aseptic store bought stock. Inside I laughed, because of course the stock is the basis for everything that will follow, and the real homemade part. But she is still making a homemade product because while using major shortcuts, she is assembling and tasting, touching and loving, and the results make me so happy.  I just loved what Harry was doing. And he was looking really good while doing it, which is a major bonus. 

It was nice to see someone actually preparing food.  Not a xanax laced smoothie.  Something you could chew and had a few calories.  I enjoyed Erika's enthusiasm about the food also.

Talking food is one of the things that gives me life.  Drives my husband crazy.  

• Love 5

The cast apparently JUST WENT to a Gatsby party at Kris Jenners.  Is there not one original thought in this bunch?

People have been doing Gatsby parties for decades. It hasn't been original for ages now...

• Love 3
On 2/6/2017 at 8:35 PM, lololol said:

LVP is the EPITOME of a narcissist. She looks RIDICULOUS when she dresses over the top. Her wardrobe choices are a LOL! When she wears high heels, she walks EXACTLY like Mrs. Wiggins with the large butt.

Oh come on!  How one dresses can now be a diagnosis?  

Point to her personality, her media presence, her behavior on the show. But, her clothes are what proves she is a narcissist?  

I work in animal rescue and sometimes wear dated clothes. Guess I'm a narcissist, too. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, CatMomma said:

Oh come on!  How one dresses can now be a diagnosis?  

Point to her personality, her media presence, her behavior on the show. But, her clothes are what proves she is a narcissist?  

I work in animal rescue and sometimes wear dated clothes. Guess I'm a narcissist, too. 

It's her personality that makes her look like a narcissist. I didn't diagnose her as that from her choice of clothing. Try RC101.

On 2/7/2017 at 0:21 PM, Normades said:

The more I see Erika and her zero F's attitude all I keep thinking is she gives F's - lots of them.  She seems like the most insecure person in the room.  Always going on about how wonderful she is, needing her ego stroked and telling us how she doesn't give a damn.

TOTALLY agree with your opinion about Erika. Way too conceited for someone who ISN'T attractive and who has ZERO talent.

• Love 2
On 2/5/2017 at 1:19 AM, breezy424 said:

I agree that many government programs are 'abused' by people who really aren't entitled to the benefits.  But how is a program being abused by people who contributed to as per the law?  This is not food stamps or welfare.  This is a program that requires a contribution by every employee and every employer in this country.  Over seven percent of everyone's salary up to about $127,000 is withheld and the the employer is required to contribute the same.  Taking what you are entitled to per the social security/medicare system is not 'abuse'.  The people who take food stamps or welfare because they don't want to work for a wage 'below' them is abuse.  With that said, there are many people who work hard at multiple jobs but still don't make a decent income and I get it.

Sorry mods.  We're going off track. 

Exactly. Social Security is not an "entitlement program" (a misnomer if there ever was one.) It has nothing in common with welfare and is a program forced on the people meant to help provide during retirement and to which those who receive it have contributed.

• Love 1
On 2/4/2017 at 5:15 PM, Jamie Satyr said:

It does make her appear older and doddering IMO! Walking and trying to dance, you would think she's 80! I'm a lot older and don't look or move as arthritic-like as she does at several years my junior! ;-)

Well, I'm older and I hate my lack of balance and body-encompassing arthritis and how I must move these days. Nothing like my charm school years, but them's the breaks and I don't see why people need to be shamed for that, either. People take potshots at poor Ken all the time, but he was a footballer, has needed replacement surgery and probably got beat to a pulp many times over. Of course he will not have held up as well as others who have not been through that. I don't understand why people criticize him over it. Truly astonishing.

• Love 5