Type keyword(s) to search

Casting Wishlists

• Start Topic

With a (rumored) Season 6 lurking in the shadows and a Season 5 with far too many WTF casting decisions, I've taken it upon myself to draft the Season 6 list myself. No need to thank me, Lifetime. Just doing my part.

The rules: I made an effort to keep it realistic, knowing they never bring back more than a handful of Bravo contestants and tend toward recency bias. I also tried to imagine who would actually agree to come back (i.e. I sadly doubt Laura Bennett would come back). I'm also sick to death of bringing back former winners, especially after the results of the last 3 seasons. Yawn. I also limited it to 2-per-season, because otherwise we might get a Rolaskatox situ- oh, sorry. Wrong show. Without further ado, your Season 6 Dream cast:

-Laurence Basse (Season 15): I mean, obviously. Right? She's basically the coolest person ever. She's my pick to take it all, as I think the All Stars format of weekly challenges and a concentrated 4-day is right up her alley.

-Roberi Parra (Season 15): I probably would've slotted Rik pre-finale, but Roberi's final collection was solid, and I think he makes better TV. And as we know, casting an "All Stars" season is about TV as much as the fah-shun. Rik can come back for Season 7.

-Kelly Dempsey (Season 14): A chance for redemption after being robbed in Season 14! I looked back at her weekly designs recently and I forgot how damn consistent she was: her only off week was the horrific Mean Girls team challenge. Sadly, she'll likely end up Always-the-Bridesmaid to Laurence.

-Kristine Guico (Season 13): All Stars is as much an opportunity for a "second chance" as it is bringing back the best designers. Kristine was cut after a string of strong designs in an unnecessary double elimination, sparing a far worse dress. She deserves another shot!

-Bradon McDonald (Season 12): Like Laurence, he was the one to beat after strong showing during the competition weeks, but ultimately delivered a less-than-stellar collection at Fashion Week. I suspect he'll start strong, survive a a few trips to the bottom mid-competition and exit later in the game.

-Joseph Aaron Segal (Season 11): We need an odd-ball choice in the mix, don't we? I found Joseph adorable and genuinely quirky (sorry, Erin!), and thought the flower sweater-dress that got him eliminated was fabulous. That week really should have been a non-elimination. I don't suspect he'll fare much better on All Stars, but I am hopeful to get a few weeks of his quirky designs.

-Kimberly Goldson (Season 9): She's one of the designers I'm surprised hasn't been invited back for All Stars! Her performance was inconsistent during Season 9, but had a few wow moments (the Nina challenge, the Bird challenge, etc.), and I thought her final collection was the strongest of the non-decoy collections. She also had an awesome personality, and brought the drama with her time management issues.

-Bert Keeter (Season 9): I don't usually enjoy the crotchety-old-dude types, but I liked that Bert took risks (his Teletubby jumpsuit was hilarious), and produced two of my favorite looks of Season 9 (the pyjama dress and his gold/white 70s dress). His final collection remains one of the best ever on Project Runway and I'd love to see how he'd fare with the All Stars format.

Amy Sarabi (Season 7): During Season 7 Amy went from producing solid, beautiful work (Burlap challenge, Campbell's, Hardware), to taking some very bizarre risks (hair-bowl dress, fish scale pants, etc.); that said, at least she tried to push the envelope! Her decoy collection was fantastic and her personality a breath of fresh air. I think she'd be one to watch in All Stars.

Jonathan Peters (Season 7): Another Season 7 designer that I found underrated. Although I didn't dig Jonathan's decoy collection, he had some wow pieces during the season, and I loved his dry witty personality.

Carol Hannah Whitfield (Season 6): Another I'm surprised hasn't been back! She was quiet in the beginning of the competition, but after the Bob Mackay challenge she was on fire. Her final collection featured some stunning pieces, and her genuine sweetness was a nice counterpoint to Meana-Irina.

Ra'mon Lawrence (Season 6): After being eligible to return for Season 13, it's strange that Ra'mon hasn't been back for Allstars. He was an early boot in Season 6, but I actually liked the design that got him aufed, and thought he had interesting ideas. Doesn't hurt that he's easy on the eyes and seems like a nice guy.

Jillian Lewis (Season 4): And topping my wishlist...! For some reason I doubt she'd come back, but seeing another whole season of fabulous Jillian coats is worth the price of admission.

Santino Rice (Season 2): Now that he's finished his stint on RuPaul's Drag Race, maybe he'd be interested in another shot? His designs are inconsistent, but his quips and dramatic personality make for good television.

Wildcards:

None of these people will probably ever come back after their respective experiences with the show, but it'd be fascinating to see how they'd operate with another shot.

-Swapnil Shinde (Season 14): Loved him on Season 14, fantastic final collection, and just might function better with the All Stars format.

-Korina Emmerich (Season 13): FWIW, I still think her meltdown was totally justified, and there's no way Char deserved to outlast her. Her jewelry look remains one of my favorites from all 15 seasons, and it'd be interesting to see if she's mellowed a bit.

-Kooan Kosuke (Season 10): In just his brief time on the show, I thought his designs were awesome. I don't fully blame him for choosing to leave: obviously his aesthetic wasn't what the judges were looking for, so why stick around? But I would love to watch a season where the judges actually appreciate his work, and after awarding "kooky Erin" the win this season, maybe the show's ready for him?

Maya Luz (Season 7): Her departure from Season 7 made sense to me, but now that she's matured as a designer, maybe she would be interested in another shot? Her work throughout the season was consistently fantastic, and I'd love to see more from her.

I'm surprised the well of solid casting decisions still hasn't dried up, but I guess 5 seasons of casting bizarre choices has left a lot of wiggle room. Anybody I missed? Totally disagree? I'm interested in seeing other people's dream casts!

• Love 3

I would be interested to see a season where the almost-ins (eliminated on the show but before the "final cast") and the first one eliminated would compete again. Or if not enough of them are interested or even still in fashion, maybe second eliminees? Except for Daniel Franco. I call moratorium on Daniel Franco because he's already competed on All Stars and while I love seeing his still pretty face, he's not a designer. Not sure he ever was.

Also, I really wish they would not bring back former winners. They've had their moment of glory and none of them, that I can see, except for my beloved Christian, has capitalized on it.

Most of my uber wish list would come from the Bravo seasons, but we all know how that turns out.... they never fare well on Lifetime. I'd love to see Jack Mackenroth again. I hated he had to leave due to illness and that he didn't come back the next season.

I've never had a problem with past winners on all-stars. Their winning just means they won against that season's cast. It's interesting to me to see how they do against other seasons contestants.  I'd love an all-star season of all winners.

When do they announce the cast? Doesn't this start the week after next?

Aww, I'd love to see what Swapnil could do with a second chance. I feel like he started so strong then just crashed and burned. I rooted for him on his season, but I understood why it was his time to get aufed.  He has talent, but I am torn about PR being right for him. Nonetheless, I'd love to see him again.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I sort of wouldn't mind Korina being on all-stars. It would be interesting to see how much/if she's grown.

11 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

No secret, just not gonna happen until next February!

I was just happy to see the little chyron during the PR finale that All Stars was actually coming back.  It had been announced way back when that it was renewed and then it seemingly fell into a black hole!  My fervent wish is that they stop allowing previous winners to come back.  I have nothing against the previous winners (especially Dimitry) but I like All Stars to be about redemption; previous winners have won 3 out of 5, and the 4th was clearly preordained (Mondo).  Now will the gorgeous soon to be ex-Mrs. Harvey Weinstein be judging this season?

1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

I was just happy to see the little chyron during the PR finale that All Stars was actually coming back.  It had been announced way back when that it was renewed and then it seemingly fell into a black hole!  My fervent wish is that they stop allowing previous winners to come back.  I have nothing against the previous winners (especially Dimitry) but I like All Stars to be about redemption; previous winners have won 3 out of 5, and the 4th was clearly preordained (Mondo).  Now will the gorgeous soon to be ex-Mrs. Harvey Weinstein be judging this season?

I posted the same concern about Georgina! How can she show her face when it was well know her hubby demanded his "leading ladies" wear her $#!t? That makes her complicit and probably enabling of his behavior! She's no dummy and had to of known what a sleazebag this guy has been for decades! This was an open secret! If she has any class, she'll bow out and maybe Producers can bring back a winning designer to help judge or swap them out weekly! ;-)

• Love 1
On 2017-11-29 at 8:26 AM, Lamb18 said:

I'd like to see Ramon again. I also wouldn't mind seeing Elena (?), the woman from Ukraine who would scrap with Dmitry and named her baby doll Asshole.

Elena is my all-time favourite PR designer! She returned in All Stars season 3 and

clearly learned how to adapt her complex design aesthetic to the tight deadlines, which she really struggled with in Season 10. She ended up in the top on every challenge except 2 and made the finals! I was like a proud mama watching that season.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, chitowngirl said:

This season was filmed way before the Weinstein scandal broke.

Hey, this is 2017; can probably digitally remove her and place someone else in their chair! lol! ;-)

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:11 AM, Oholibamah said:

Elena is my all-time favorite PR designer! She returned in All Stars season 3 and

Hide contents

clearly learned how to adapt her complex design aesthetic to the tight deadlines, which she really struggled with in Season 10. She ended up in the top on every challenge except 2 and made the finals! I was like a proud mama watching that season.

Elena was so abusive, threatening, and rude, I could never get past that! More power to her; won't wish anything on her, but support would be difficult for me! That team challenge back in Season 10 is still rattling around in my memory! I thought she was actually going to assault someone! Not a big fan of All-Stars and will glance at it, but not take it as seriously! I'm not one of those people accepting of past winners participating! All-Stars should be for redemption; people who were close to winning "PR" in their past seasons! There's a reason the winners are almost preordained with maybe only 1 halfway of a surprise with Anthony Ryan taking "AS2!" ;-)

34 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Elena was so abusive, threatening, and rude, I could never get past that! More power to her; won't wish anything on her, but support would be difficult for me! That team challenge back in Season 10 is still rattling around in my memory! I thought she was actually going to assault someone! Not a big fan of All-Stars and will glance at it, but not take it as seriously! I'm not one of those people accepting of past winners participating! All-Stars should be for redemption; people who were close to winning "PR" in their past seasons! There's a reason the winners are almost preordained with maybe only 1 halfway of a surprise with Anthony Ryan taking "AS2!" ;-)

Elena definitely started off that way, and in a regular working environment (not TV-Land) I would find that unprofessional. But as the season wore on, she let the hard exterior melt away and let herself relax more. The scene that really stood out to me was when she said that where she's from, she had to fight for everything she had. It doesn't excuse being unprofessional, but it gives some insight into why that is her instinct. I found her such a well-developed and interesting character, and it was impossible for me not to love her. Also, her design aesthetic is bomb. 

Allstars two should have been a tight race where we have no idea who's going to win - but those two should have been Emilio and Uli. Anthony Ryan was given a weekly tonguebath by fucking Isaac despite turning in some pretty mediocre designs. Bleh that season was such a disappointment. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Oholibamah said:

Elena definitely started off that way, and in a regular working environment (not TV-Land) I would find that unprofessional. But as the season wore on, she let the hard exterior melt away and let herself relax more. The scene that really stood out to me was when she said that where she's from, she had to fight for everything she had. It doesn't excuse being unprofessional, but it gives some insight into why that is her instinct. I found her such a well-developed and interesting character, and it was impossible for me not to love her. Also, her design aesthetic is bomb. 

Allstars two should have been a tight race where we have no idea who's going to win - but those two should have been Emilio and Uli. Anthony Ryan was given a weekly tonguebath by fucking Isaac despite turning in some pretty mediocre designs. Bleh that season was such a disappointment. 

Isaac's one of the worst; not the least bit impartial! All you have to do is go back to the previous "AS4" a couple years ago when he lavished praise and was all but drooling over Sam Donovan; some Twink that performed on Tim's other show, "Under The Gunn!" Never knew him, but Isaac was enamored; big time! He could do no wrong the entire season and unfairly made it to the last 4 before "NOT" making FW! ;-)

I see that a lot of my dream cast members have already been mentioned - even some of the more obscure picks like Maya, Kooan, Kristine and Amy (I just watched the episode with her hair dress, lol). But one contestant I never hear about and would love to see back is Epperson (S6). I remember really liking him during his original season; the standout look was the Western inspired one (he and his model Matar were great together). But I also rewatched the unconventional material challenge and thought his outfit - a bold, kimono like dress - was gorgeous. (Of course, he was just safe.) 

• Love 1