Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: The Chicago Way

• Start Topic

Heroes always need a "it's personal" moment. That's their main purpose for fighting them. Although in this show it's really only personal for Sara with Malcolm and Darhk and Amaya with Reverse Flash, and that happened on this show. The rest of the team is fighting them because their bad guys. 

(Another minor thing that I just can't get over -- every time I look at CL's chin, I wonder if she's related to Bruce Campbell!)

Nothing wrong with that. Bruce Campbell's awesome. And has a lot of energy for a 58 year old. When I met him a Con Panel he was running around the room the entire time. 

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:47 AM, BkWurm1 said:

Barry resetting the timeline might have been a bigger bad thing that Eobard killing his mom because the Time Masters were manipulating certain events for a better outcome.  Her death might have been one of those things that the world needed, and per Eobard, in this timeline, Barry became the Flash a lot earlier and I imagine the flood of Meta's came sooner too as well.  (Heroes and Villains) so yeah, when Barry changed time back, then the consequences could be far reaching and since he wouldn't have the overview f time and history like the Time Masters did, he wouldn't be able to see it.

The Time Master were colluding with Vandal Savage, it's what S1 was all about and why they were eventually destroyed, so I don't take what they were doing or allowing to happen to be a better outcome. Beside who are they to say Eobard can mess with the original timeline (changing everyone's lives when he killed Nora) but Barry can't correct that. Barry did become the Flash earlier than planned, because Eobard wanted it happen, so he could get home to his time. He needed the Flashes speed and didn't want to wait, he also created the flood of Meta's.

I think it's that's what sets them apart.  Barry can only make a choice based on what he wants personally while the Legends can see if they've messed things up too much or not.  Barry's (pardon the pun) running blind.  

And as for Sara and Stein's hypocrisy, you're not wrong but I also do think there is a big difference between bringing back from the dead and not deleting someone from the time line.  Just in general I think bringing back the dead breaks time travel rules.  Clearly Barry's time travel with the tidal wave and undoing Vandal Savage's destruction of Central City seems to go against that but maybe not since Barry both times undid it before really any time went by and per LoT, if you are there fixing it fast enough, time is still flexible.  But too much time had gone by for his mom's death.  Plus some events just seem to be fixed in time.

Stein spent weeks getting his memories of Lilly back.  Now that she's so firmly fixed in his current reality, I think that showed that Lilly was firmly fixed into the fabric of time and apart from going back and killing her, there was no undoing her existence.  

I also tend to see Sara's softening of the rules for her Team Family as doing what needs to be done to get the very heavy task laid upon them done.  Again, they are the ones making the rules and while for the most part they are impartial stewards of time, they have to be able to be able to know they can keep their loved ones as safe as possible in order to be emotionally capable of doing the job.  They'd be nothing if the team fell apart and Lilly is what Stein needed now to not fall apart.  

And allowing Lily to exist as a time anomaly isn't a personal choice?

Barry didn't bring someone back from the dead (Sara was brought back from the dead). Barry allowed someone to continue to exist as they should have, prior to someone messing with the original timeline (S1 Flash).

I wasn't saying that Lily needs to go. But Lily looked to be about the same age as Barry and the others, late 20's early 30's. If that is the case she was a longer time anomaly then returned Nora, who was killed when Barry was 11. So that is 11 more years of this girl existing and interacting with others, especially Stein himself, which should have a great impact. Perhaps Stein attended his daughter dance class instead of speaking at a certain engagement and therefore failed to inspire some young scientist.

It's nice to know Snowflake Sara can soften on the rules but Barry has strict guidelines to follow.

Which basically says to me that the Legend's crew has more leeway with their choices - whether that's fair or not.  They are they Time Masters now.  

Self appointed Time Masters, but they aren't really, because they destroyed the facility that allowed then to see all timelines.

But that was the whole point of my post. It's not fair nor is it consistent with the way the writers are doing it. As always YMMV

On 12/19/2016 at 4:16 PM, Sakura12 said:

Nothing wrong with that. Bruce Campbell's awesome. And has a lot of energy for a 58 year old. When I met him a Con Panel he was running around the room the entire time. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with The Chin.  It was just an observation.

• Love 1

To me Gideon barely counts as a character.  She's a robotic voice.  Amaya replaced Kendra.  Nate replaced Snart.  Looks like Rip is coming back.  So the team numbers will be the same as last year.

But they had too many characters last year.  Haven't watched much this year, in part because Ray got on my last nerve and Rip was the most incompetent captain ever.  Nate is redundant.  It's funny that the writers really got it right with Mick and Snart, then with Mick and Ray, then threw it away to make room for a duplicate of Ray.  Nate needs to die.  Ray needs to pay more attention to Mick.  I am perfectly okay with losing Rip forever.  I did like Arthur on Dr. Who, however his absence has proved how little he is missed.  Now if we can jettison Rip and Nate and bring back Snart, life would be perfect. 

Everybody needs to pay more attention to Mick - or, at least, to how they're treating him. If they keep ripping on his intelligence and usefulness the way they have been he's liable to go out and find another pirate ship (unless Amaya can talk him out of it).

I can't remember whether or not I commented on this episode before. I loved the way Damien and Eobard interacted while talking to the mobsters. The "more like Christmas" and Damien saying "That's good" was cute. And I admit that I really find John Barrowman amusing so I was happy to see him join.

I never noticed the size of Damien's head-- I just focus on those stunningly blue eyes.

I really like Ray. IIRC, Eobard as Wells was impressed with Ray's suit on The Flash. He was also envious of Stein and seemed to like him.

In season 1, I didn't like Mick at first, but I really warmed to him over time. Never warmed to the Hawkes though. and I'm still trying to warm to Nate but there is something about him that bugs me and I can't quite put my finger on it. I adore Sara and Amaya though.

The actor who plays Jax (can't for the life of me remember his name) does a pretty good American accent. Until I heard his real accent, I didn't know he wasn't American.

As for the time changes that the team have made: Didn't they do something so that Einstein had to give credit to his wife for stuff instead of taking all the credit himself? And didn't they alter things by burning down the plantation home and freeing the slaves?

It would be nice if the shows had some consistency about time travel and the rules on changes and so forth. Eobard murdered all sorts of guards and henchmen in a flash, but stopped to monologue to the named characters. Which, is ironic considering he was the one who was smart enough in season 1 of the flash to refuse to monologue when Eddie demanded answers.

• Love 1
On 01/02/2017 at 10:10 AM, zannej said:

I never noticed the size of Damien's head-- I just focus on those stunningly blue eyes.

LOL. Well, it kind of stood out to me on Arrow, but I think Neal has lost some weight recently. Not that I think he was 'fat' before, but he and his head look somewhat leaner now on LoT.

Yes, his eyes are very striking.The Nazis must have loved Damien, with his hyper-Aryan looks.

I liked the actor who played Capone - he was funny. 

I also didn't realize Franz Drameh (Jax) wasn't American. I think he's one of the strongest performers in the regular cast.