Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Pillgrimage

This show is really running on fumes. There just isn't much to keep me interested anymore. And as someone who has been on very strong painkillers, I must say that you would not be able to call in oxycontin over the telephone. You must have a written paper prescription for drugs like oxy, morphine, fentanyl, dilaudid and percocet. and you are not allowed to write for refills on those scripts. But hey, this show routinely fucks up the medical stuff so I can't say that I'm surprised.

• Love 1

I feel bad for the kids and the cop boyfriend. They are really getting the shit end of the stick with Jackie. As soon as she started dating the cop, I knew it was just a matter of time before Jackie did something to ruin it because she sabotages herself whenever things get good. It's bad enough that she's been hiding her drug use from him, but now she's cheating on him with random dudes who give her drugs.

While I think the girls are better off with Kevin because he provides a more stable environment, they have totally lost their relationship with Jackie. I know that's not entirely her fault in the sense that she still loves them and wants to be involved with them, in the overall picture, the minimal effort she makes to be a part of their lives versus the amount of effort she makes to get high has paid the dividends you would expect. Grace is getting high, deliberately not telling her things, and generally making her expected teenage rebellion as difficult as possible.

It's sad that I'm now more interested in every other character on this show besides Jackie. I want to know more about Gloria's poker games! I love Thor helping Coop with his online profile! I love Prentiss and Eddie telling Gloria she can't sell her car to fund the PA system! I love Antoinette!

I still can't stand Roman, but at least she provided a moment of comic relief when she accused Gloria of being an attention whore and saying that some people will do anything for attention. Talk about no self awareness. I hope they don't give her the Coop treatment. I can only take one semi-reformed self-absorbed weirdo on this show.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Ugh. Jackie. Really? Getting high with and then getting sucked off by some shady 20-year old in a dirty bathroom while your super sweet cop boyfriend is up on stage being all cute? So low. Even for you. That was nasty. And I can't believe how distant she is with the girls. This isn't going to end well...

• Love 1

Nasty is the perfect description. I really try to be a fan of Jackie's. Even when she does stupid stuff, I still try and see the good in her. That's pretty much over. I'm (pathetically?) hoping everything come crashing down around her and she has to woman-up, be an adult and deal with the string of bad decisions she's made.

• Love 2

I have dealt with addiction in my own family.

As disgusting Jackie is being now, they are IMO trying to show some real, serious addictive behaviors. The great fall (or hitting rock bottom) may be coming for her soon. Sometimes those big falls is what saves the addict.

• Love 2

Addicts relapse, of course.  Last season was really good with Jackie trying mightily to stay sober.  But of course she had to fall off that wagon. That said, the pitfall for the show is getting repetitious in her behavior.  It may be true to the condition of an addict but it remains to be seen if the show stays all that interesting,  I think it's always been well done and I'm still with it.

• Love 1

Still with it too, but it's getting tougher as the plots slip toward 'rinse & repeat' mode. It was a more compelling show when Akalitus had teeth and O'Hara could call Jackie on her shit.  BTW, does anyone know why Eve Best left the Show?

I also needed to call B-S on Jackie calling in a script for Oxy. Wouldn't happen.  

The bathroom sex was disgusting and I was just waiting for someone to walk in…they were right there on the sink!

Question: why does Jackie get to stay in the big  3 bedrrom house when she doesn't have custody? Shouldn't Kevin get to live there with the girls?