Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Stronger Than Ever

• Start Topic

On 12/12/2016 at 0:58 PM, ottergirl said:

I think LVP was one of the first wives in the entire franchise who was smart enough to use the show strategically - as in, she knew what the producers were trying to do to manipulate her, and she outplayed production. This was all in Season 2 with Brandi; Brandi was brought in specifically to rile up LVP through the Cedric connection.  For ages, LVP refused to engage, then she met up with Brandi off camera, prior to the Hawaii trip, and they made a strategic alliance: basically, LVP said that she would befriend Brandi on camera, to ensure Brandi a spot on the show, and Brandi would not go against LVP. LVP and Brandi have both confirmed most of this, including the pre-Hawaii meeting to negotiate their on camera relationship.  Meanwhile, Kyle had been spending the season fighting with Brandi on camera, largely to protect LVP, and ended up looking like a mean girl, while LVP was sitting pretty.  This is why Kyle said, at that year's reunion, that LVP was Bobby Fischer.  I don't think that's a bad thing, by the way. Production tries to play games with the wives, and if the wives are smart enough to see through it and turn the tables, more power to them!!! I am completely pro-LVP on that front. Her smart thinking changed the game, and good for her.

Where LVP loses me -- big time -- is that whenever she is caught, she cries and plays victim. She claims not to understand what anyone is talking about, she is just a sweet innocent restaurant owner who would NEVER delve into drama. (Literally every single long term wife has said the exact same thing about LVP: she manipulates behind the scenes for storylines and her own persona.)  That sort of false innocence, designed to speak to viewers who take everything she says at face value, is gross to me.  (It's the same thing Vicki Gunvalson and certain political candidates do:  I can say whatever I want, knowing that in this post-truth world, my "fans" will believe anything I say, regardless of how true or false it may be.) 

For all her faults -- and they are many -- the reason I always find myself liking Kyle, in the end, is that Kyle plays fair.  When she acts badly, she owns it straight up.  She has admitted to being mean with her sister in Season One (even though we now know so much more about the truth of that), to overreacting and escalating the fight with Camille in Season One, to being nasty to Brandi in Season Two, and to trying to play both sides of the fence with LVP during Season Two. Kyle has the extremely rare ability to see her own behavior and publicly admit what she has done wrong. It makes her oddly relatable to me. Whereas LVP seems to truly believe that if she were to ever admit wrongdoing, Giggy would burst into flames.  (It's interesting that this dynamic is reflected in each of their husbands.  Mauricio has no problem having honest conversations with Kyle around her issues, whereas whenever someone doesn't like LVP, Ken immediately shrieks and starts calling them names and saying how jealous they are.)

All THAT said, my hopes for the season?  I think the smartest thing the wives could do, if they want to outplay LVP, is just leave her on the sidelines. She's trying to create storylines, you know she is, so don't buy into them, and don't complain that she's doing it: just write BETTER storylines, and leave her out of them.  She doesn't want to be excluded. So give her two choices:  be part of our storylines, or be on the sidelines.  I'd love to see how she responded to that.

Wow I never heard about the hawaii sit down- juicy!  it's total boss shit,  it reminds me of when nene flipped the script on production (and her then foe phaedra) by befriending Marlo,  Who was supposedly dating the same NFL player as nene.   They became instant BFFs instead.. very 48 laws of power of both nene and lisa.

I watched the season 2 reunion recently and it actually turned me off watching Lisa  go overboard to defend Brandi.   There were very obvious teams n I wish I knew more about what happened behind the scenes with Adrienne, Kyle and Lisa. if it's really about the dog and shoe thing then Adrienne is so pathetically humorless. but it made me sad to watch Lisa go after Kyle. Clearly Lisa getting her spin off made major waves and I'm guessing she was acting like Beyoncé and pissing the cast off.

2 minutes ago, Inspectabecky said:

Wow I never heard about the hawaii sit down- juicy!  it's total boss shit,  it reminds me of when nene flipped the script on production (and her then foe phaedra) by befriending Marlo,  Who was supposedly dating the same NFL player as nene.   They became instant BFFs instead.. very 48 laws of power of both nene and lisa.

I watched the season 2 reunion recently and it actually turned me off watching Lisa  go overboard to defend Brandi.   There were very obvious teams n I wish I knew more about what happened behind the scenes with Adrienne, Kyle and Lisa. if it's really about the dog and shoe thing then Adrienne is so pathetically humorless. but it made me sad to watch Lisa go after Kyle. Clearly Lisa getting her spin off made major waves and I'm guessing she was acting like Beyoncé and pissing the cast off.

That conversation where Lisa/Brandi joined teams did not happen until right before the reunion was filmed. Brandi told Lisa that Adrienne was trying to organize the others to go after her at the reunion. The Hawaii conversation was that Lisa would stop ignoring Brandi, be nice to her but nothing more.

• Love 2
On 12/9/2016 at 6:21 PM, Nanny pants said:

Ummmm...isn't the Munchausen thing kind of true?  I mean, since she's left the show (AND her white bathrobe) behind, Yolanda suddenly seems fit as a fiddle.

Supposedly as soon as her husband stopped paying for all her wacky treatments, she suddenly felt tons better.

• Love 5