Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Blow-Up

OMG!!! I am just a minute or two in... When "Victoria Chase" popped up at the narcissicistic mother I nearly did a spit take. How fitting!!! Too bad this isnt a crossover, and Katie's mother isn't Emmy, Oscar, or Tony... lol...

• Love 2

I liked when the husband asked Katie why she kept talking in a higher voice when she was quoting him, and saying "I don't sound like that" and then you hear the daughter yelling "Dad did you say something?" I also liked when he was telling her "Do it for me," and then "I can see I'm losing you. Do it for Anna-Kat." Mixon has the best faces.

• Love 11
On 11/25/2016 at 1:34 AM, kat165 said:

The actress who played Kate's mom, does she ever age? I recall her in that Brian Benben (sp?) HBO sitcom in the 90's (?) and she doesn't look much older now.

I was so happy to see Wendie Malick! I have loved her since Just Shoot Me and of course in Hot in Cleveland. She is great. Good episode, the show is really growing on me.

• Love 3

I like her too, AManfred. She was a nice surprise. And I hate to admit but this show is growing on me too. I like the kids even with the Alex Keaton rip off. These kids stand out much more than the kids in Man With A Plan, which, sorry Joey, kind of sucks. And I've always like the father which is why I started watching in the first place.

• Love 2

I love Wendie Malick going back to "Dream On" and "Frasier" in the '90s and "Hot in Cleveland", and thought she was great in this role.  Too bad Mixon isn't really growing on me. She really needs to tone down that caustic bad attitude and sourpuss she wears every episode.  Some of that is OK but I think she goes too far with it.  For me it just sucks all the comedy out of the show.  I actually like all the other actors better than her!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Too bad Mixon isn't really growing on me. She really needs to tone down that caustic bad attitude and sourpuss she wears every episode.

I like Mixon as an actress but in the role she is working my nerves.  Every episode has the character being whiny and/or needy about something.  They need to make her more likeable and less "poor me",

• Love 4

Ugh, I really wanted to love this show. But I can't watch it any longer.

There's no thread for this week's episode, so I'll comment here. Why in the world is the PTA setting funding salaries for teachers? As far as I know, it doesn't work like that. PTA budget would be completely separate from the school/district budget. In addition, PTA budget has to be approved by the PTA board, presented to the school at the general meeting and approved. It wouldn't just be the board. Clearly, this bothers me way more than it should. 

• Love 4

The only PTA I've been involved with that did that was in California where funding for extra curricular had been cut.  It was a mostly affluent suburb and the PTA there did pay for the music and art teachers.  But the Special Ed teachers would never be in the same budget as street lights.

21 hours ago, Court said:

Ugh, I really wanted to love this show. But I can't watch it any longer.

There's no thread for this week's episode, so I'll comment here. Why in the world is the PTA setting funding salaries for teachers? As far as I know, it doesn't work like that. PTA budget would be completely separate from the school/district budget. In addition, PTA budget has to be approved by the PTA board, presented to the school at the general meeting and approved. It wouldn't just be the board. Clearly, this bothers me way more than it should. 

I hear you, I'm ready to bail myself.  No episode thread is not a good sign either.  I've complained enough about how this show does not resemble Connecticut in some major ways, and now add this budget thing too.  Ugh.  Actually, the only character that seems reminiscent of CT is the crossing guard lady, LOL.

• Love 1

Y'all know you don't need to be a mod to create an episode thread, right? So, the absence of one just means you were first to want to comment and can create it at that time. I'm like 98% sure of this. Anyway, there is one for the new ep now.

• Love 1