Type keyword(s) to search

Westworld: Dream Cast Wishlist

jeansheridan
  • Start Topic

I have no idea if all the cast members have five year contracts or if Ed Harris and Hopkins are gone after season one, but it seems likely the show will need to hire more people to play workers, guests, and hosts.  So who are some of our dream picks?  Seems like HBO can attract great talent.

• Mine would be--Rutger Hauer because of Blade Runner connection and he has one of the great old man faces on film.
  • Mads Mikkleson because it could be very funny and meta if Ford uploaded his consciousness (I have no idea if this might happen!  Just spitballing) into a Mads-bot.
  • Glenn from Walking Dead because he's so appealing and would make a great sneaky tech helping the robot rebellion.
  •  I think the Penny Dreadful crowd knows Josh Harnett makes a pretty good cowboy.
  • Is Lou Diamond Philips doing anything right now?  Or Jimmy Smits?  I wouldn't mind having a guest or two beyond William who are kind of appalled at the stereotyping and sexism and Smits in particular radiates decency.  
Edited by SilverStormm
Title edit
  • Love 1
Spoiler

It seems that only 2 of the actors are definitely going to be in the second season: Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris. Anthony Hopkins looks like he'll atleast be around for 3 seasons, assuming there is a third season. I say that because of the following line from an article in The Hollywood reporter:

"Hopkins and Harris are said to have scored $175,000 per episode each, with the latter potentially having only a two-year deal"

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/westworld-renewed-second-season-at-hbo-may-not-return-2018-937868

I'm really hoping they atleast keep Dolores as well, she's definitely my favourite character ;-). After that I guess my order would be in the following order:

http://tinyurl.com/wwchars

I hope Hector, Maeve and Clementine return. And Abernathy.

I also liked the Bounty Hunter that Logan killed. I don't know if he even got a name, but he looked the part. 

I'd suggest Robert Taylor, but I see Longmire gets a sixth season.

8 hours ago, phoenyx said:
Spoiler

It seems that only 2 of the actors are definitely going to be in the second season: Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris. Anthony Hopkins looks like he'll atleast be around for 3 seasons, assuming there is a third season. I say that because of the following line from an article in The Hollywood reporter:

"Hopkins and Harris are said to have scored $175,000 per episode each, with the latter potentially having only a two-year deal"

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/westworld-renewed-second-season-at-hbo-may-not-return-2018-937868

I'm really hoping they atleast keep Dolores as well, she's definitely my favourite character ;-). After that I guess my order would be:

Thanks for the info, but I was hoping for no spoilers please!  Knowing who has really signed up sort of ruins the fun for me on the show.  I just wanted to toss around some potentials.  

2 hours ago, jeansheridan said:

Thanks for the info, but I was hoping for no spoilers please!  Knowing who has really signed up sort of ruins the fun for me on the show.  I just wanted to toss around some potentials.  

Ah, sorry about that :-p.

• Love 1
On 11/14/2016 at 10:17 PM, phoenyx said:
Spoiler

I'm really hoping they atleast keep Dolores as well, she's definitely my favourite character ;-). After that I guess my order would be:

2- Elsie (please don't be dead, but if you are, hoping you're atleast made into a bot)

3- William

4- Anthony

5- Bernard

6- Hector

7- Maeve

8- El Lazo/Lawrence

9- Theresa (looks like she's dead, but perhaps she'll be bot-ted)

10-- Clementine

11- Felix

12- Armistice

13- MiB

14- Logan

15- Charlotte (so beautiful, but so evil -.-)

What?

? No Teddy???

Michael Emerson as Arnold (Lost & Person of Interest connection). This is the guy that can make you feel for an AI that is not even shown on screen most of the time.   
Any main casts of Person of Interest really (Jim Caviezel, Kevin Chapman as head of Delos, Amy Acker, Sarah Shahi) :P 

Richard Schiff just because he is the go to actor for rich lawyer / rich a-hole roles :D

Don Cheadle: he can be convincing in either serious or comedic roles

Ian McKellen 

Brent Spiner.  Data. Nuff said

Edited by DarkRaichu
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, DarkRaichu said:

Michael Emerson as Arnold (Lost & Person of Interest connection). This is the guy that can make you feel for an AI that is not even shown on screen most of the time.   
Any main casts of Person of Interest really (Jim Caviezel, Kevin Chapman as head of Delos, Amy Acker, Sarah Shahi) :P 

Richard Schiff just because he is the go to actor for rich lawyer / rich a-hole roles :D

Ian McKellen 

Brent Spiner.  Data. Nuff said

God yes, Data is definitely awesome as an android :-). Though based on what he's said in the past, he may never want to be an android again, unfortunately. I'd take him as a human who -knows- about androids, though. I actually found out that in one of the initial drafts for the third Star Trek TNG film (finally called Insurrection), he so disliked the way they were portraying Data as unreliable that he offered to have his character killed off in the film to avoid having to do any more films after it, so they changed the script. I'd like to stress that I'm not into actors blanching at any little thing, but I really like it when an actor does so because he doesn't want his character to be cheapened in his own eyes. It shows they are emotionally invested in the character instead of just doing whatever the script writer tells them to do.

I've always liked Ian Mckellen as an actor as well (Gandalf, Magneto), don't know the other 2.

Edited by phoenyx
1 minute ago, phoenyx said:

God yes, definitely is awesome as an android :-). Though based on what he's said in the past, he may never want to be an android again, unfortunately. I'd take him as a human who -knows- about androids, though. I actually found out that in one of the initial drafts for the third Star Trek TNG film (finally called Insurrection), he so disliked the way they were portraying Data as unreliable that he offered to have his character killed off in the film to avoid having to do any more films after it, so they changed the script. I'd like to stress that I'm not into actors blanching at any little thing, but I really like it when an actor does so because he doesn't want his character to be cheapened in his own eyes. It shows they are emotionally invested in the character instead of just doing whatever the script writer tells them to do.

I thought the main reasons were the gold make up and the fact that he was too old to play android that does not age.  Those are not applicable in Westworld ;) ;)

As for Insurrection, they botched the movie when they hired a director who did not know the first thing about Star Trek (and did not care to learn, according to the actors)

11 hours ago, DarkRaichu said:

Amy Acker!  I have missed her since Angel.  And Don Cheadle would be great too.

I forgot Adam Baldwin.  If Ashley dies, Adam would make a great new head of security.

9 hours ago, DarkRaichu said:
10 hours ago, phoenyx said:

God yes, Data is definitely awesome as an android :-). Though based on what he's said in the past, he may never want to be an android again, unfortunately.

I thought the main reasons were the gold make up and the fact that he was too old to play android that does not age.  Those are not applicable in Westworld ;) ;)

I read the bit about him not wanting to play an aged Data later, a very good point. I was actually extrapolating based on what he said about playing Data pigeonholing him as someone who had to play a type of sci fi and possibly even android type of role. But I think you're probably right, his primary concern was probably not wanting to play an aged Data. I hadn't heard about the gold make up reason.

9 hours ago, DarkRaichu said:

As for Insurrection, they botched the movie when they hired a director who did not know the first thing about Star Trek (and did not care to learn, according to the actors)

Surely you're not telling me that Jonathan Frakes, aka William Riker, did not know the first thing about Star Trek :-p? 

2 hours ago, phoenyx said:

Surely you're not telling me that Jonathan Frakes, aka William Riker, did not know the first thing about Star Trek :-p? 

Lol you caught me.  I was thinking of Nemesis, the one in which Data actually died and the movie that killed the TNG franchise.  :D :D :D

• Love 1
5 hours ago, DarkRaichu said:

Lol you caught me.  I was thinking of Nemesis, the one in which Data actually died and the movie that killed the TNG franchise.  :D :D :D

The good thing about androids is that you can back them up. From wikipedia's entry on Star Trek Nemesis:

**The Enterprise returns to Earth for repairs. Picard bids farewell to newly promoted Captain Riker, who is off to command the USS Titan and begin a possible peace-negotiation mission with the Romulans. Picard meets with B-4, discovering that Data had copied the engrams of his neural net into B-4's positronic matrix before he "died". Though B-4 does not yet act as Data, Picard is assured that he will become like his friend in time.**

One thing's for sure- I see androids looming large in sci fi, and I also think real life androids are getting closer and closer too :-). Also, I now realize I've never even seen Nemesis. I had gotten it confused with one of the Star Trek films -after- the Star Trek TNG films. I know people say it's bad, but the death of Data I have to see.

Edited by phoenyx
  • Love 1

I would like to see Brian Cox and Mads Mikkelsen in the show. They've both been in westerns, and we would get to have three Hannibel Lecters in the same show.

And, of course, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kristanna Loken, and Robert Patrick.

• Love 1

I'd love to see James Brolin get a cameo. Maybe he could get bitten by a rattlesnake again.  (During the scene where James Brolin's character was bitten by a rattlesnake, while the milked rattler was attached to Brolin's arm, he was bitten by the teeth on the snakes lower jaw, despite wearing padding on his arm made of leather and cotton.)

• Love 1

Brian Cox did Penny Dreadful so he's up for television.  Such a good idea.  When Arnold shows up (if he shows up) it needs to be someone able to hold their own with Hopkins.  And that is Cox.  

Trying to think of some women to add.  The MIB's daughter?  Someone mentioned Amy Akers.  I've missed her.  I wonder if Elizabeth Banks would do a television show?  I think she's old enough and tough enough to be his daughter.  I picture his daughter tough based on what she said to him.  That she was that blunt. 

Edited by jeansheridan
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, jeansheridan said:

Brian Cox did Penny Dreadful so he's up for television.  Such a good idea.  When Arnold shows up (if he shows up) it needs to be someone able to hold their own with Hopkins.  And that is Cox.  

That would be great: Arnold has been alive all this time and hiding in the park, to be played by Cox. They were both in the movie RED 2, but I don't think they had any scenes together.

And of course, if TMIB is William, or William is in the present, we could have Cox ask him: "Do you dream much, Will?"

Edited by Gobi
Add sentence.
  • Love 1

I want them to CG Yul Brenner in so badly. Even if he's just a customer in some bar. Or have some actor "play" him, but CG Yul's head onto the guy. Like they did for Cersei with the 'walk of shame' on GoT.

And I want Neil Patrick Harris to come on as a guest, because NPH needs to be in everything ever. 

• Love 1

Speaking of Trek-related actors -- Connor Trinneer. Who is awesome in and as anything he does. He could be a Host, a good guy or a bad guy, I don't care. On Enterprise, he turned Trip from a frat boy into an awesome character and was amazing as the wraith turned human Michael on Stargate Atlantis.

Edited by Pippin
$#@!! Auto correct!!!