Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Episode 7

Pius's opposition consolidates against him as his plan for a conservative revolution in the church continues to alienate the public. Sister Mary commits herself to deception. In the wake of a tragedy, Dussollier blames himself and decides to return to his mission in Honduras.

Airing in the US on Sunday, February 5, 2017.

Ouch. Dussolier should not have played with matches. I think the reason I'll most miss him was that he seemed  to be the most loving/accepting, least moralizing character on the show. Then again, maybe that was the point.

Edited by FemmyV
  • Love 6

This show has gotten really dark.  It was never a light romp but now we have suicide,  attempted rape and murder.  And they wonder why Lenny is worried about being poisoned.  Look at the world he lives in. 

• Love 1

Spenser, looking so smug, thinking he is going to get the Papacy.  Yo Spence, you're not even in line to be third banana anymore.  You got played playa.

Dussolier.  Not a lot of shows depict male rape.  How common is it for a Cardinal to show up back at the Vatican at 4 am in their skivvies after a hard night of partying? I guess he is just not a social drinker.  Looked like the Italian GILF had been doing double duty at the pilates and spin classes though.  I feel for you though Duss, whiskey-d gets the best of all of us.  But yeah when her son tried to stuff it to you in the car on the way home, well that was just rude.  I mean buy a guy dinner first ffs, plus bring a hottie Italian chick and then game on.  Maybe. Like what kind of ID do you have to flash at the Vatican to get into the Apartment complex.  "Wait a minute dudes my wallet is in this sack with all my wet clothes.  I accidently fell into the Trevi fountain" "No problem excellency, we got your back". Just another Saturday night in the Swiss Guards.  

Nice of the Pope to drop by Esthers and hang out.  I wonder if they let him say the before dinner prayer.  I would.  Seemed like they were thinking 'Just be careful changing that baby there butter gloves'  oh f it he can just grant another miracle baby amirite?

So the drug lord was pissed at the Dussolier for banging his wife.  Excuse me, Carlos it takes 2 to meringue.   Dussolier should have said 'Carlos your wife is a slut.  But I forgive her.  17 Hail Mary's and she is good to go on the adultery.  I swear to God I won't bang her again.  Unless she wants me to, cuz like a said, she's kinda a slut'.  But noooo, he gets stabbed and she gets off scot free.  So much for devout religiosity Carlos.  You are going to hell on that one, over and above being a Narco.

Didn't get that part at the end with the girl and the black statue of Mary and child.  I just chalked it up to the persistent weirdness of the show.  Which keeps getting weirder.  

Voeillo still rocks as the antagonist.  The switching plates part was cool, including his response.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jwc said:

But noooo, he gets stabbed and she gets off scot free.

Huh, I have serious doubts she's going to get off scot free.  Alive, maybe.

4 hours ago, jwc said:

But yeah when her son tried to stuff it to you in the car on the way home, well that was just rude.

I completely missed that the guy was her son!  I thought butler/chauffeur/general factotum.  I missed the subtitle where he called her "Mom."

• Love 1

How will the death of Andrew affect Lenny's already shaky psyche?

Faker parents, his brother murdered, Sister Mary's fierce loyalty/confidence wavering...Lenny just has baby Pious as his comfort.

Changing Pious' diaper, hanging out in Esther's apt is the closest he has to a normal family life.

He should wear his white track suit in to protect his work clothes from extra poopy diapers.

15 hours ago, jwc said:

So the drug lord was pissed at the Dussolier for banging his wife.  Excuse me, Carlos it takes 2 to meringue.   Dussolier should have said 'Carlos your wife is a slut.  But I forgive her.  17 Hail Mary's and she is good to go on the adultery.  I swear to God I won't bang her again.  Unless she wants me to, cuz like a said, she's kinda a slut'.  But noooo, he gets stabbed and she gets off scot free.  So much for devout religiosity Carlos.  You are going to hell on that one, over and above being a Narco.

Well, pretty easy call for Carlos. He doesn't love Dussolier.

What's the deal with the ginger priest?  Is he suppose to be irresistible to men and women?

What he missed about Honduras was the young wife.  If the best he could do in the Vatican was that old woman with the foobs, he had to get back to his fatal attraction.

What Andrew missed was his simple life separate from the politics of the Vatican.

Unfortunately, his gf should have dropped him a text or email saying my drug lord husband knows about us so don't come back... or the drug lord made her lure him back so he could be  killed.

• Love 1