Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Point Of Impact

paigow

A retired Marine sniper is recruited by his former commander to prevent an assassination; FBI agent Nadine Memphis investigates potential culprits.

Hope they are not stretching the movie over a whole season...Memphis gender reassignment vs. movie...

It was good for what it was. But there's no surprise whatsoever if you've seen the movie. The least USA should have done is have this be a 2-hour premiere so that it could possibly offer some differences to the movie that you don't see coming. I saw every single move coming unfortunately. Sadly, the previews for the season follow this as well, but presumably the second hour of the season would have been different in minor ways if even just how the agent approaches the situation and the steps she or they take immediately after the shooting.

But as it is, anyone who misses this premiere, but has seen the movie, will have no problem jumping in at the second episode without missing a beat. I wasn't expecting more, but I was hoping for more.

• Love 2

I didn't even know there was a movie, which sounds like it may be a plus. I thought it was interesting; at least it's a departure from the tidal wave of procedurals.

In general, I'm iffy on Ryan Phillippe and his mannered acting choices, but I liked him here well enough.

I read the book.  And I saw the movie.  So there wasn't a single surprise in the basic plot shown here.  

But, it looks like it could be interesting, and I'll probably keep watching.  Unless they overdo the praying...

On 11/16/2016 at 0:58 PM, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I saw the movie and was also disappointed that it was exactly like it.  I'm not sure how they are going to stretch this into a TV series.

Maybe a lot of flashbacks ...like Arrow...

On November 16, 2016 at 0:58 PM, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I saw the movie and was also disappointed that it was exactly like it.  I'm not sure how they are going to stretch this into a TV series.

9 hours ago, paigow said:

Maybe a lot of flashbacks ...like Arrow...

There only going to cover the movie in the first season. They have the rest of the book series to adapt. 

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 7:37 AM, paigow said:

Swagger has a family??? He will be Riggs & Murtaugh rolled into one when the bad guys inevitably kidnap his wife & daughter....

Even if they are showing heads explode and throwing a shit in the episodes there is  No way they kill that girl.  With a female FBI Agent replacing Michael Pena the wife however is toast with little concerns about it being too soon to move on.

Going forward we have The  Fugitive until the conspiracy is broken up. Does Nails then become a deep cover sniper whose bullets hit near someone to scare them off?