Type keyword(s) to search

Watch Seth Meyers's Reaction To The 2016 Election Results In His Late Night Monologue

I found both his comment and Stephen Colbert's comments (last ten minutes of his live Showtime show) moving and thoughtful. I do believe Seth really wanted to tell his son that a woman could be elected president. Thank goodness for Seth.

• Love 1

I watched this clip when I got home last night, and his genuine sadness that kept slipping through was almost too much on what had already been a difficult day. But I did find comfort in his closing, that the election is over but this is not, that he will continue to use his platform to hold Trump accountable.

• Love 5

I put myself on a social media blackout post-election, and I also put myself on a "no comedic political coverage until SNL" diet, but made an exception for Seth because I knew he'd be pitch perfect and I was not disappointed. What really got me was when he was talking about how much he wanted his mom to be able to see the first female president, because that's very much a moment I want to see happen for my own mom. I know I sound like a broken record for the past 6 months or so, but Seth has been outstanding during the election and has created a perfect niche and identity for himself in the late night line up. I never thought that I'd rank him above Colbert when it came to political coverage, but Seth has absolutely blown me away and I couldn't be happier. 

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I put myself on a social media blackout post-election, and I also put myself on a "no comedic political coverage intil SNL" diet, but made an exception for Seth because I knew he'd be pitch perfect and I was not disappointed. What really got me was when he was talking about how much he wanted his mom to be able to see the first female president, because that's very much a moment I want to see happen for my own mom. I know I sound like a broken record for the past 6 months or so, but Seth has been outstanding during the election and has created a perfect niche and identity for himself in the late night line up. I never thought that I'd rank him above Colbert when it came to political coverage, but Seth has absolutely blown me away and I couldn't be happier. 

I think he's been a disgrace. I would describe myself as a political moderate, and I can't watch Seth. He's been incredibly one-dimensional. His show has served as a condescending political attack ad for about a year now. Trump deserved considerable ridicule and negative reaction throughout the campaign, but I do think Seth went overboard in turning his show into an anti-Republican ad.

Seriously, a "disgrace?"

I'd agree, I guess, if his points weren't factually true. But they've been consistently on the mark -- he, like the best commentators, hasn't called out the Trump camp from a position of bias, but rather from a position of, "WHY would you say or do this?" and I can't argue with that.

I've never been a big fan of Seth's -- until the past year, for these and other superb editorials. He's been a revelation, and I was very moved by this -- as usual -- smart and compassionate examination of the insanity of our nation.

• Love 10