Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Landmarks

The Brooklyn Bridge story was interesting and informative. I think my favorite story was about the con man. I was pleased to see Liev Schreiber in this. He was good. I liked the bit where he "bounced" out of the scenes. 

• Love 4

I've always wanted them to do the Brooklyn bridge!

There is so much more to that story. John Roebling was surveying the sight when a barge crushed his foot. Instead of normal medicine, he opted for a water therapy treatment and promptly died like they said. 

And then after the bridge opened there was a complete panic in NYC that the bridge wasn't safe and 12 people died trying to get off the bridge during the opening. A year later PT Barnum walked his elephants across the bridge and THEN New Yorkers believed the bridge was safe. 

Honestly, I'm annoyed the show half-assed this story. 

• Love 2

I had no idea about the Roeblings. Go, Emily. And your white rooster. The middle story with Liev just sort of...ended. Liev is wonderful and Capone's henchmen agreeing everyone knows he's the best dick juggler was funny, but if felt truncated. I don't even remember the third story, only that I don't understand why Derek thought the narrator was so great.

• Love 1