Type keyword(s) to search

American Militias in Action--Where's the Justice?

I think we'll be seeing more stories like this one.  White, right wing nuts, heavily armed, occupy government property, cause millions in damage (not to mention wrecking the office files of workers who have to now redo everything) and tear up the land with their bunkers and trenches and a jury finds them.....

....not guilty of anything.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/oregon-standoff-refuge-not-guilty_us_5812858ce4b0990edc303679

• Love 3

Yep, white privilege at its most blatant. Now all those militia types have been emboldened just in time for the election they've been ginned up to think is rigged. 

And in the meantime, in North Dakota, Native Americans are being tear-gassed and arrested for peacefully protesting. 

• Love 9

The fact they're widely referred to as American militias rather than domestic terrorists kind of lays the groundwork for not holding them properly accountable (or at all).

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 13

Except for those pesky informants.  The entire affair was a joke when you realize half of the group were informing for the feds.

Bundy and his family are not terrorists.  They are being targeted by the government because they want their land for solar panels (Harry Reid's son Rory is a lobbyist for a Chinese energy firm) as well as uranium on the Hammond land in Oregon.

I can't wait for the federal humiliation to continue when Bundy is acquitted in Nevada.  

I can only hope the family of  Levoy Finnicum gets justice one day.

3 hours ago, magicdog said:

Except for those pesky informants.  The entire affair was a joke when you realize half of the group were informing for the feds.

Bundy and his family are not terrorists.  They are being targeted by the government because they want their land for solar panels (Harry Reid's son Rory is a lobbyist for a Chinese energy firm) as well as uranium on the Hammond land in Oregon.

I can't wait for the federal humiliation to continue when Bundy is acquitted in Nevada.  

I can only hope the family of  Levoy Finnicum gets justice one day.

They weren't being targeted they took over a Federal Wildlife Refuge with guns. 

• Love 9

They want stuff for free that's already discounted.

Probably if others received these discounts the Bundys would be the first to call them gov't handouts. Welfare.

I am appalled that there will be no justice for their illegal activities. And damage.

Pigs! At the government trough. 

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 5

Who's gonna pay for the $6million damages?

How do you know Bundy did that?  I think it was the informants/government suckups.  I work in media - and I know not to automatically trust what they tell you and certainly not the government narrative of events.

Do you have a link with more information regarding the property damage? Are we supposed to just take Bundy's word?

Because, acquitted or not, I still think they are domestic terrorists.

I work in publishing and I read a lot and that's what I think.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Are we supposed to just take Bundy's word?

Are we supposed to take the government's at its word?  From the photos I saw, it doesn't appear to be millions worth of damage either.  Much of it just looks like a house before a flip.  They certainly don't spend millions on those projects.  Without actual video showing them trashing the place in real time, I can't believe they did it.  I personally think any actual damage was done by the informants to make them look bad.

1 hour ago, magicdog said:

I personally think any actual damage was done by the informants to make them look bad.

I think they look plenty bad all on their own. 

Why didn't these law-abiding militia people stop the perpetrators? Hey! You're really making us look bad! Stop that!

pfft

• Love 7
3 hours ago, NewDigs said:

I think they look plenty bad all on their own. 

Why didn't these law-abiding militia people stop the perpetrators? Hey! You're really making us look bad! Stop that!

pfft

I know, right?  I remember when White Supremacists were upset with Dylann Roof because his shooting those Black people in their church "makes us look bad."

Now, digest that shit for a moment.  They terrorize people of color, Jews and anyone they don't like.  They have websites where they plan and plot destruction and mayhem.  They literally kill people and want a race war and are stockpiling weapons toward that end.  But, because Roof killed people in a church, it made them look bad.

I just can't with these people or their apologists.

• Love 10

"Occupiers' Show They're Not Fit to Manage Anything

They also destroyed the fencing around the perimeter so cattle could trample through.  I don't understand how you have an armed occupation of federal land for over 40 days and aren't guilty of a crime. I'm pretty sure I couldn't get a group together and occupy my local federal building for a month and not be found guilty of a crime.

One awful side effect of Trump is how he's empowered these people. If he wins (God forbid) they will be stomping around the country trying to "take it back" from the oppressive establishment and expecting support from the new president. There will also be more racist and religious attacks by these people--note that thwarted plan to bomb an apartment building full of Muslims on Nov. 9th. as a "statement". 

If Hillary wins, she is also going to see a lot more of these armed thugs flexing their muscles and challenging the system. I don't envy her but I know she can handle it and will get a SC that will not undo all our gun laws.

• Love 8