Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E29: ALDC for Sale?

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Abby's trial hits the news again; the mothers speculate about the ALDC's future; Brynn is put to the test with her first solo of the season; the elites are tasked with a challenging dance; Abby shows attention to the minis.

Can you imagine how different this show would be if Debbie Allen took over Abby's studio???  Real choreography, age appropriate themes and costumes, no more fake competitions in half empty school auditoriums...and maybe no more Mama Drama?  No more Mini's? No more ridiculously Spackle-d on make up and hair extensions?  Who am I kidding?  The kind of show that a serious dancer like Debbie Allen would do is not a show Lifetime would want.

Props to Jill for consistency. She's still showing what an abominable human being she is by leading the walk out during the Mini's celebration.  Now if the jazz shoe was on the other foot, Jill would have caused a scene for WEEKS about how rude, disdainful, horrid, disrespectful yaddayaddayadda the other moms are.

• Love 6

Props to Jill for consistency. She's still showing what an abominable human being she is by leading the walk out during the Mini's celebration.  Now if the jazz shoe was on the other foot, Jill would have caused a scene for WEEKS about how rude, disdainful, horrid, disrespectful yaddayaddayadda the other moms are.

Jill is so fucking annoying. The elite team moms were so rude and petty to walk out on the minis getting their jackets. Like seriously, grow up ladies.

• Love 3

I keep racking my brain to figure out why Ms. Debbie Allen is consenting to be part of this hot mess in any way, shape, or form. I really don't think she's interested in taking on Abby's undertrained kids, and I'm sure she could call up TLC or Bravo or whoever and sell a reality show about anything she wanted in a hot second so I doubt it's for any kind of mercenary reason. 

6 hours ago, NickDisnCart said:

Jill is so fucking annoying. The elite team moms were so rude and petty to walk out on the minis getting their jackets. Like seriously, grow up ladies.

Wasn't Kalani the one who asked if they needed to stay? It surprised me because she usually comes off really sweet. Of course, her mom should have said, "Yes, you need to stay and support the ALDC team."

5 hours ago, taragel said:

I keep racking my brain to figure out why Ms. Debbie Allen is consenting to be part of this hot mess in any way, shape, or form. I really don't think she's interested in taking on Abby's undertrained kids, and I'm sure she could call up TLC or Bravo or whoever and sell a reality show about anything she wanted in a hot second so I doubt it's for any kind of mercenary reason. 

Publicity, maybe? It doesn't seem like she really needs it, but some people are drawn to fame.

It's weird, I used to watch this show and think Abby was awful and didn't blame the moms for what they said to her. Now I think Abby actually comes off as the reasonable one. Granted, she's still a pretty awful person. But she clearly has legal issues and is worried about going to prison. She's entitled to take a personal day and deal with her lawyer. It seems like Gia does all the work anyway and is perfectly capable of teaching the girls their dances. And is nicer too (relatively speaking).

Also, I loved Brynn's reaction to Abby's backstory on her solo. "The groom went off with his best man to Cabo. Or Fire Island." Brynn clearly had no idea what Abby was getting at.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Wasn't Kalani the one who asked if they needed to stay? It surprised me because she usually comes off really sweet. Of course, her mom should have said, "Yes, you need to stay and support the ALDC team."

I could be wong, but I understood the opposite : Kalani said something like "No, we have to stay" !

8 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

I could be wong, but I understood the opposite : Kalani said something like "No, we have to stay" !

Even if Kalani phrased it as a question, I do think she thought that they should stay but since she's a child didn't want to give a command.  During the backstage scenes, you can see the girls being nice to each other and the minis.

Loved Brynn's solo. She was beautiful and her emotion was on point. She deserved a win! 

I hope Abby doesn't turn Lilliana into a mini Mackenzie because she has so much more potential than just doing flips and chin stands. I hate how Abby totally gave her the Kenzie choreo (terrible hands under the chin poses), pigtails and acro. I hope this little girl isn't pigeon holed into this being her only dance genre. I would like to see her do a pretty lyrical or contemporary routine next. She has great technique as well.

20 hours ago, MoonWalker said:

Loved Brynn's solo. She was beautiful and her emotion was on point. She deserved a win! 

I hope Abby doesn't turn Lilliana into a mini Mackenzie because she has so much more potential than just doing flips and chin stands. I hate how Abby totally gave her the Kenzie choreo (terrible hands under the chin poses), pigtails and acro. I hope this little girl isn't pigeon holed into this being her only dance genre. I would like to see her do a pretty lyrical or contemporary routine next. She has great technique as well.

Actually, this brings up a really interesting issue. Many moons ago when the girls were younger and Abby was less (in)famous, her choreography consisted of animal acro routines for the youngest, and pretty lyrical dances for Maddie and whomever was her current foil. Fast forward to today, and the minis get relatively sophisticated choreo for their age group with nary a chin stand or any of those other "tricks" (I hate that reference) that ruined Brooke's back before she was 16. Is this a sign that most of the actual choreography is being done by others? Is Abby Lee maturing as a teacher? Are TPTB weighing in on the content of the actual dances? Who knows, but it's startling to see the comparison at the group dance level and to compare what Mac and Nia were doing to what the minis now get.

• Love 1