Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: All Cylinders Firing

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

When Platt goes to her father Robert's house for dinner, she warns him to be careful with his new girlfriend Natalie. Following dinner, Platt is physically assaulted as she's getting into her car and is rushed to Chicago Med. Voight, Lindsay and Halstead arrive at the hospital to investigate, and a concerned Mouch finds himself being questioned. Meanwhile, Antonio leads the rest of Intelligence at the scene as they look into previous threats against Platt, but his attention shifts when he is called into Robert's townhouse and finds signs of an even more gruesome attack on Platt's father.

As much as Burgess gets on my nerves, I do appreciate that she is shown screwing up regularly enough to demonstrate why she shouldn't be in Intelligence. 

I was surprised at the outcome. I thought that cop who harassed Tay would be behind the attack. I guess that's a long game. 

• Love 5

We've seen examples in past episodes that Voight and Platt have a strong and long standing relationship. This episode showed more evidence of this, especially when Voight was talking to Platt at the end.

• Love 4

Minor nitpick but when Platt was in the hospital, her left eye was filled with blood. By the time she got to her fathers office, it was clear. I don't ask for much but some continuity would be nice...

i still don't quite understand the killer's motive? he said Trudy set him up and she said he made it easy. Obviously he worked for her father in some capacity, but what was the backstory? Why kill her father and try to kill her?

• Love 3

Bit of a convoluted plot - not sure I got everything right: McGregor and Platt senior were somehow involved in shady dealings with the buildings McGregor helped construct for Platt and then co-owned due to Platt going bankrupt. McGregor was dealing and Trudy knew about him and made an 'anonymous' call to narcotics who managed to arrest him due to her intel. When McGregor came out of prison he wanted the money back that Platt sen. had managed to sneak away from him and he wanted to take revenge on Trudy.

Anyhow - I'm impressed the show gave its older ranks so much screen-time and allowed them all to show their acting skills. Mouch and Trudy killed me with that last scene. "I wish we'd met when we were younger." Damn allergies!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Mouch and Trudy killed me with that last scene. "I wish we'd met when we were younger." Damn allergies!

Is that what he said? All I got was 'we were younger' and I thought he was talking about her being a bad-ass street cop. But I do really like them together :) Also, thanks for the info about McGregor. still kind of convoluted but at least I quasi-understand it now ;)

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 1

Major character nitpick, perhaps to save the cost of an actor the husband doesn't stay with his wife while recovering. You want a shared universe you got to be willing to pay for it.

• Love 3