Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Category 55 Emergency Doomsday Crisis

On 10/12/2016 at 2:32 PM, Kromm said:

It's not normally up against Kevin Can Wait. It was that week, where the Kevin Can Wait repeat beat it, because it was an attempt that week by CBS to boost the viewership of that show by airing it twice.  Football, and eventually another show coming in a few weeks called "The Great Indoors" is the normal timeslot competition from CBS.

Ironically it seems Thursday night football airings are jumping from CBS to NBC, although there will be a gap of a few weeks it seems where neither shows it (it ends on 10/27 on CBS and starts on 11/17 on NBC). So The Good Place will stop having to contend with football, only to be REPLACED by Football, basically. 

Of course ABC is the main place beating the pants out of TGP, but so far everyone but Fox and CW has been. But that could change when CW starts airing new episodes of Legends of Tomorrow...er... tomorrow night. 

Disgustingly (although I admit a bit off topic), Kevin Can Wait, in it's normal Monday slot, is getting sickeningly good ratings. It's enough to make you despair about TV audiences and their taste in general. The ratings are second only to The Big Bang Theory, for all of CBS.

By the way, The Big Bang Theory is definitely going to help make things even worse for The Good Place very soon. It's being planted in the 8PM EST CBS slot as soon as football goes off of CBS on 10/27, so it will create a huge lead in for this new Great Indoors show at 8:30 EST. Enough people still watch in that mode of watching live and simply leaving their favorite channel on after a show like Big Bang, that TGP's ratings will definitely feel it during it's home stretch of episodes, on 10/27, 11/3, and 11/10).

I never know how this works exactly but if it gets cancelled by NBC can Netflix revive it like legally? If they feel like it will be a good addition that is. 

On 9/26/2017 at 11:44 AM, cpcathy said:

It's my opinion that people who watch CBS shows just point their eyeballs at the screen and they don't really care what's on it.

That's pretty much what I feel like when I watch CBS Daytime :)

Wow, Tahini's parents were jerks. It's not surprising she's ultra competitive.

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:49 PM, azathoth said:

I loved that Jason came up with an accurate, if really messed up, example of utilitarianism.

As somebody with a Philosophy Degree (well, half of my degree was Philosophy) I loved that Chidi immediately pointing out the flaw in Utilitarianism just as I was saying it myself, but Jason then came up with a comedic example of just such a critique!

• Love 2

I wanted a closer look at that list of yogurt flavors. I was able to read "a mother's love," "panoply of exuberance," "when the lights go down at a concert," "Beyonce compliments your hair," "perfectly removed sticker," "you look and feel great at your reunion," "good book," "the softness of a puppy's tiny ears," "how skinny feels," "[indescribable but delicious]," "New York pizza slice," "a clean house," "finding out your true bra size," and "your fifth birthday cake." Also, Beyonce concert was up there at least twice.

"You haven't seen Hamilton?"

Tahani's sister was too perfect to be funny. I hated her too.

• Love 1

One look at Tahani's family, and you can completely understand why she is the way she is.

I probably found Michael's video loop messages being played over and over again funnier than most viewers have.