Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Nashville

Bourdain absorbs the tastes, sights and sounds of music city, from chef Josh Habiger's Catbird Seat and Bolton's famous hot chicken, to a night of cooking, drinking and rocking out with singer Alison Mosshart, and her bandmates. The episode features performances by The Kills, Dead Weather and Margo Price.

Did anyone get the impression that Tony,newly separated from his wife, was very taken with that blond punk rocker chick?

I really liked this episode which was about music more than food.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, susannot said:

Did anyone get the impression that Tony,newly separated from his wife, was very taken with that blond punk rocker chick?

He acts the same way around Josh Homme even before his seperation so probably just an admiration for blond front men/women.

• Love 1
On Sunday, October 02, 2016 at 10:02 PM, susannot said:

Yes indeed! I was watching their body language with a *side-eye, like: "Mmmm-hmnm!..." All that extra sniggling & giggling they were both doing---that's sexual tension, honey. I see you AB & what'shername.

I also thought it interesting that Kate Moss' ex-husband showed up at the end at the bowling alley. Not so strange, I guess. After all, he is a musician. (That's all I know about him, other than he was married to KM.) He was quite funny & charming. Of course, they were all day-drinking.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1
On 10/10/2016 at 10:30 PM, NowVoyager said:

Yes indeed! I was watching their body language with a *side-eye, like: "Mmmm-hmnm!..." All that extra sniggling & giggling they were both doing---that's sexual tension, honey. I see you AB & what'shername.

I also thought it interesting that Kate Moss' ex-husband showed up at the end at the bowling alley. Not so strange, I guess. After all, he is a musician. (That's all I know about him, other than he was married to KM.) He was quite funny & charming. Of course, they were all day-drinking.

Jamie Hince and Alison Mosshart (blonde rocker chick) actually make up a band called The Kills. They've been playing together for...15? 16 years now? Alison Mosshart is also the frontwoman of The Dead Weather, which was the band that the episode showcased more.

I didn't sense any sexual tension between Tony and Alison because Alison is a giggly person by nature. She's always laughing in interviews. It probably seems like flirting if you don't know her personality. 

Edited by cyberfruit
  • Love 2

Oh! Thanks cyberfruit---I didn't know any of that.

Well....oookay, I guess I'll stop squinting & looking at them sideways for now. But! If I catch that episode again, I reserve the right to change my mind! (Yes, I'm messy! Lol!)

On October 2, 2016 at 7:02 PM, susannot said:

Finally got around to watching it, and I didn't care for it for this very reason.  Guess I'm not going to Nashville anytime soon.

(edited)
On 10/10/2016 at 10:30 PM, NowVoyager said:

I got the same impression.  I only recently saw this episode. Apparently, they were airing some old episodes and I'm glad they did.  It was one of the best I have seen.  It was so obvious to me, that I did a little digging to see if Tony and Alison had run off together.  Not that I could find, but, I did see where she moved heaven and earth to pull that show together.   And that she was a true royal host.  She gave them more than they could talk about, according to this piece. lol  

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/bourdain-parts-unknown-nashville-essay/index.html

Here's another clip from the evening party.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/travel/2016/09/27/anthony-bourdain-parts-unknown-nashville-1.cnn

And he really did get a tattoo while in Nashville!

Seriously, it made me want to visit Nashville!

Edited by SunnyBeBe
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

saw this episode. Apparently, they were airing some old episodes and I'm glad they did.  It was one of the best I have seen.  It was so obvious to me, that I did a little digging to see if Tony and Alison had run off together.  Not that I could find, bu

He's actually dating a guest of another episode from that season Asia Argento.

• Love 2