Type keyword(s) to search

Four Weddings - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Because I have no life (actually I am a special education teacher and I need to NOT have anything heavy duty to do in the summer) I wrote down some episodes of who the bride was and what was spent and how they placed.

Laila 35,000 1

Nicole 23,000 4

Diana 19,000 3

Melea 25,000 2

Ashley 65,000 3

Danissa 16,000 4

Lindsay 20,000 2

Terry 45,000 1

Shay 11,500 3

Alexa 40,000 2

Desiree 35,000 1

Osuni 25,000 4

So right there, with twelve weddings $359,000 was spent.   All I can say is ouch.

This morning was a bride who was all into ecology and loving the Earth.  Great!!  So what did she have her guests do between ceremony and reception?  Pick up garbage off the beach.  Yes.....yes she did.  There was another one who dropped $75,000 on their affair but declined to mention that she was the event planner at the country club and her new hubby was the manager at the place.  The other brides were a little miffed at this fact she left out.  She was very snippy and kinda bitchy.

Brides who need to not appear anymore:  Candy Theme, Pirate Theme or Princess Theme.  Professional Chef Brides who are overly critical of others food choices need to shut it as well.

18 hours ago, auntjess said:

I remember her, but one cardinal rule seems to be NEVER LET FRIENDS BE SEEN HELPING.  There was another where friends helped serve and cleanup, and the bride was trashed.

Why can't you friends pitch in?  Isn't that what friends do?  

Per the cocktail hour:  yes it seems to be a thing to put on a display only to be outdone by display number two! Here in MN some families do that but most are still church/civil ceremony then let's dance and eat.  No huge entrance, just low key.

Two more peeves:  "I could really see the love between them!"  Well I hope so....they are getting married!!  And two:  "Her dress really fit!"  Again, she shelled out A LOT of cabbage for that thing, IT BETTER FIT!!!  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Brides who need to not appear anymore:  Candy Theme, Pirate Theme or Princess Theme.  Professional Chef Brides who are overly critical of others food choices need to shut it as well.

I agree, but I'd like to add circus/carnival and anything Dracula/Halloween themed too.   There's a fine line between going full out kid's birthday party and setting a mood.

I have to question the decision making skills of some people.  I watched an episode today where a New York bride chose to have an outdoor wedding, riverside, with seating directly upon the concrete levels...in October...in the northeast.  Yeah,  there are some nice days in October, but that's taking a real gamble.  Even if you don't give a damn about your guest's comfort, why put yourself in the position of freezing in a strapless dress during one of the most important moments of your life.  

Edited by ichbin
spelling
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

I have to question the decision making skills of some people.  I watched an episode today where a New York bride chose to have an outdoor wedding, riverside, with seating directly upon the concrete levels...in October...in the northeast.

Was this the one with the subway or ferry, or something noisy every minute or so?  They'd scooped the site out in an off time.

I agree, why have a theme.  It's for little children's birthday parties.

A pet peeve, is the brides, who've met infrequently, look at a dress, and adjudge that it is (or isn't) "so her."  How could you know?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

I agree, but I'd like to add circus/carnival and anything Dracula/Halloween themed too.   There's a fine line between going full out kid's birthday party and setting a mood.

I have to question the decision making skills of some people.  I watched an episode today where a New York bride chose to have an outdoor wedding, riverside, with seating directly upon the concrete levels...in October...in the northeast.  Yeah,  there are some nice days in October, but that's taking a real gamble.  Even if you don't give a damn about your guest's comfort, why put yourself in the position of freezing in a strapless dress during one of the most important moments of your life.  

20 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Was this the one with the subway or ferry, or something noisy every minute or so?  They'd scooped the site out in an off time.

I agree, why have a theme.  It's for little children's birthday parties.

A pet peeve, is the brides, who've met infrequently, look at a dress, and adjudge that it is (or isn't) "so her."  How could you know?

I forgot about Circus bride and Halloween bride, especially since I am the only living person who openly dislikes Halloween.  

Yes the bride who got married outside towards the end of October and the train kept running by every three minutes.  I felt bad as the guests had to sit on the steps!  I am getting married in early October and my theme is......getting married.  

There was one bride who had a $40,000 (or so) budget, had the ceremony in her mom's backyard  - what was all the money spent on?  That must have been some kick ass ribeye and A LOT of liquor!!!  Event spaces can take up a huge chunk of change so if she had no event place fee she still had a lot to spend.  Wow.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Yes.  It was trains and the officiant stopped each time one rambled by, prolonging the ceremony that the freezing guests were no doubt hoping would come to an end. 

18 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Me too!   They've met maybe once or twice, yet know the other brides well enough to determine when something "fits her personality", etc.  I roll my eyes every time.  Better still when they declare how much the groom (whom they have not yet met)  is in love with the bride.  Because he didn't run away when she came up the aisle?   Still, its that kind of silliness that keeps me watching (and hoping for a revival of the series).   Love to snark when it's so deserved.

• Love 4
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

There was one bride who had a $40,000 (or so) budget, had the ceremony in her mom's backyard  - what was all the money spent on?  That must have been some kick ass ribeye and A LOT of liquor!!!  Event spaces can take up a huge chunk of change so if she had no event place fee she still had a lot to spend.  Wow.

You're in my head!  I was thinking the exact same thing.  I wondered if her mother charged her for use of the premises.  There weren't a lot of flower arrangements, pricey foods, or entertainment that could be costly.   There were 200 people there.  I didn't notice any port-a-potties.  I can't imagine all those people being accommodated by the bathrooms in the house.  Whatever they spent it on, they did a good job though.  

Edited by ichbin
  • Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:45 AM, Kiddvideo said:

Have they shown any Canadian brides recently? They were so bitchy...the Americans looked polite in comparison. Great episodes.

I have more than several eps stacked on my dvr. So far the ones I've caught have all been American. I've been looking forward as I've heard much about these legendary Canadian bridezillas.

I can't recall seeing any Canadian brides yet.  Glad to know I have something to look forward to.  

I just got through watching a few more episodes.   Some brides....well, let me put it this way, it's a good thing that a test of basic knowledge isn't required in order to obtain a wedding license.  

Last night I caught an ep with an Egyptian bride who spent $115,000 on her wedding. For the life of me I could not see where that money was spent and that's what one of the other brides said. It was a buffet reception. I would think for that kind of money its a multi course meal served by gloved waiters. She had a gorgeous 10 layer cake but that was the only extravagant thing I could see. It was a nice wedding, just not what I'd expect for that kind of money. She came in fourth by the way.

17 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

Last night I caught an ep with an Egyptian bride who spent $115,000 on her wedding. For the life of me I could not see where that money was spent and that's what one of the other brides said. It was a buffet reception. I would think for that kind of money its a multi course meal served by gloved waiters. She had a gorgeous 10 layer cake but that was the only extravagant thing I could see. It was a nice wedding, just not what I'd expect for that kind of money. She came in fourth by the way.

I may have seen that one - did the Egyptian bride have like 600 guests?  Even if they spent $100 per guest on food that is $60,000, still $55,000 short.  

I get a smirk when the bride who drops so much more coin comes in fourth.  I have seen it a lot - some weddings that cost that much come off like, "Okay, we get it, you have a lot of money."  And I am glad for them it just comes off as way excessive!!

I hope the future kids of these couples see this someday...."You spent HOW MUCH on your wedding and I can't get a new bike??"  LOL!

• Love 1

The Canadian ones are mixed in with the American ones so it's kind of hard to tell them apart.  I know I have one on my DVR at home that aired (rerun) a few weeks ago.  "...And a Candy Cake".  The only difference is they have half a score (.5) on their rating system.  So instead of giving say, an 8 on the dress, they can give an 8.5.  Also, at the beginning when they're introducing us to each bridge, on the U.S. version, they'll show the grooms name and age.  On the Canadian one, they'll have just his name.  

(edited)

The Canadian ones are separate & have "Four Weddings Canada" for the title instead of just "Four Weddings". 

"...And a Candy Cake" was all Florida brides. I liked the one who won; her sneaker idea was cute & the views at her venue were lovely. I mostly appreciate that she loves A/C because I do as well - no sweating for the brides at her wedding.

Edited by gonecrackers

I watched one on DVR with a bride who made guests pick up trash on the beach and then called it a "treasure hunt." The beach was very, very rocky and it looked windy. Great, I go to a wedding, dressed up and I have to sweat and get my hair windblown and hurt my feet to pick up trash?

5 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I watched one on DVR with a bride who made guests pick up trash on the beach and then called it a "treasure hunt." The beach was very, very rocky and it looked windy. Great, I go to a wedding, dressed up and I have to sweat and get my hair windblown and hurt my feet to pick up trash?

See my above post where I addressed this!!  LOL!  I was thinking the same thing:  treasure hunt?  No it is picking up garbage.  Still can't believe someone did not talk her out of that one!  My fiance and I should re-route people people to our house after the ceremony:  "Here is a paint brush for you!!  A rake for you!!!"  I mean,, really......

Don't get me wrong, I am a nature nut and pick up litter myself while out walking but I would never make WEDDING GUESTS to such a thing!!  

I am still gung ho on the idea of "Four Budget Weddings"  - think of the ideas that could come from that!!!  (I am having a budget wedding myself in the fall so hey,.....)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, cpcathy said:

Now I remember you saying that about beach trash bride! And the bride who worked at the wedding venue, eesh! Saying she had her game face on was an understatement.

The catering/even planning bride was mean.  She probably thought she had it in the bag......nope.  Try again.  She was probably pissed at the guy at their table for spilling the beans. 

Another tweak of mine:  the guest brides who got somewhat raunchy (that might be too strong a word) on the dance floor and were grabbing at the bouquet and challenging people to a dance off......Sorry, but I don't want the highlight of my reception to be my relatives asking:  "Who the hell were THEY?"  

1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Another tweak of mine:  the guest brides who got somewhat raunchy (that might be too strong a word) on the dance floor and were grabbing at the bouquet and challenging people to a dance off......Sorry, but I don't want the highlight of my reception to be my relatives asking:  "Who the hell were THEY?"  

What is up with some of the contestant brides going up for the bouquet toss?  The way I remember it that was supposed to be for the single/unattached ladies only.   I imagine that didn't sit well with some guests at the weddings where that happened.     

• Love 2

That was wild bride who vowed "for richer or richer" at her wedding, and won? I thought some of the other weddings on that episode were better, but in all honesty, I wanted to be AT the New York skyline reception with the yummy looking food--brides admitted they got tipsy, but damn, that looked like a fun time. I want to hang out with the bride who said she is a "cocktail enthusiast."

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ichbin said:

What is up with some of the contestant brides going up for the bouquet toss?  The way I remember it that was supposed to be for the single/unattached ladies only.   I imagine that didn't sit well with some guests at the weddings where that happened.     

Around here it's for anyone who isn't married, in fact if the DJ knows you are engaged and you aren't out on the floor (most everyone knows everyone in these small little towns) you get a personalized invitation and most people dragging you out on the floor and it's normally the person whose wedding is next fighting the most over the bouquet. I normally would go and hide when it was bouquet toss time and I'm very glad I'm married now so I don't get the pressure to be in the craziness. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, carpedi7 said:

Around here it's for anyone who isn't married, in fact if the DJ knows you are engaged and you aren't out on the floor (most everyone knows everyone in these small little towns) you get a personalized invitation and most people dragging you out on the floor and it's normally the person whose wedding is next fighting the most over the bouquet. I normally would go and hide when it was bouquet toss time and I'm very glad I'm married now so I don't get the pressure to be in the craziness. 

I agree - I used to go to the ladies room and wait it out.  I just hated it.  Nothing against the tradition, it is just not my thing.  

20 hours ago, cpcathy said:

That was wild bride who vowed "for richer or richer" at her wedding, and won? I thought some of the other weddings on that episode were better, but in all honesty, I wanted to be AT the New York skyline reception with the yummy looking food--brides admitted they got tipsy, but damn, that looked like a fun time. I want to hang out with the bride who said she is a "cocktail enthusiast."

Yes I remember her and the skyline was beyond gorgeous.  

I have to say I'm pretty proud. Caught an ep last night based in Massachusetts where I'm born and raised. The brides were pretty well behaved and pretty generous with their overall scores. There were 8's and 9's being handed out which is rarity. Knowing the lay of the land was nice too since they were different locations across the state. I wondered if the brides are provided transportation? Probably not though, the show kills their budget on flowers at the location of the reveal. They do put out a nice spread of roses for those things. Nicer than some of the weddings we see come to think of it.

• Love 2

I am catching what I believe (IMDB source) to be the very first episode ever.  he voiceover is a different man and they way they introduced the brides was different as well.   One of the brides featured got married at Belmont race track and the judge was two hours late.  I was very surprised at how mean and critical the brides were about each other.  I mean, the brides are anyways, but these ladies were rough!  One girl, Nic was accused by another bride of changing her whole wedding to get a better score and trying to win.  Apparently she said she was "non girly" and was having no attendants, and then had three bridesmaids and everything was "girly" and quite fancy!!  Not sure if someone would/could change that much so soon before the wedding but it just came out as odd.  There was a Greek Orthodox bride so queue the "I don't know what they are saying and the ceremony in so long" dialogue!!  One woman checked her cell phone during the Greek ceremony.  Rude!  

$70,000 bride won......shocker!!!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I remember that one! Greek girl with curly hair? (yeah, that narrows it down, I bet!)

Yes - Nadine had a carribean theme, Nicole was Belmont Track, Nic was Jersey Girl No Nonsense who turned out to be Yes I Really Have a Theme girl.  Funny there was no more chatter of "I have three life long friends!" after this was over.  It was based in NJ/NY if that helps.

(edited)

I definitely recall the racetrack bride, & do think it was the first ever American Four Weddings. I didn't prefer her wedding but loved the hats; was sorry for her that the judge was so late. The others I don't recall so much. I guess you could throw in bridesmaids at the last minute if you could get dresses off the rack that fit.

Edited by gonecrackers

This show is definitely a case of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Everything needs to be JUST RIGHT! Too much food, it's wasteful, too little, you starve; too many bridesmaids, ridiculous, NO bridesmaids, not good either; not enough flowers, no décor, too many flowers, over the top. I can think of more.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

This show is definitely a case of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Everything needs to be JUST RIGHT! Too much food, it's wasteful, too little, you starve; too many bridesmaids, ridiculous, NO bridesmaids, not good either; not enough flowers, no décor, too many flowers, over the top. I can think of more.

You hit it on the head!!  Music can't be too soft (Can't hear it!) too loud (could not talk!)  The weather is too chilly outside or it too hot in Florida or Arizona.  Too little flowers in the church or wait....bride spent too much on the flowers in the church.

I have said it before but it REALLY irks me when anyone is critical of the religious service.  That is their religion, it is very personal to them, so shut it.

Guest brides who complain about too much food at a reception always gets me, too:  You are a person, who was NOT ON THE INVITE LIST a few months ago, you are up for a free honeymoon and you are bitching about being fed?

• Love 4
(edited)

Out of all the episodes I've seen so far there are only about four weddings which genuinely warranted  bitchy comments from the other brides.  One was the pizza and two liters of soda wedding, another was when attendees at the cermony had to sit directly on concrete risers by the river on a cold and windy October day in New York, and a couple ceremonies that started over an hour late.

I agree with the gripes already listed.  Another I would add is brides who deduct points because there weren't enough people dancing at the reception, like that is the bride's fault.   

One not uncommon thing I don't understand is brides changing gowns at the reception, and at a few weddings more than once.  I can see, maybe, if someone wanted to wear their mother or grandmother's gown during the ceremony and then change into their own gown for the reception,  or because they are wearing something cultural during the ceremony, but that's not often the case.  It usually comes off simply as total self-indulgence.   Particularly in the cases when it is another  standard full length gown in a different style and not even a shorter one which could be blamed on  wanting comfort when dancing.   It amazes me that anyone is willing to spend so much money on a dress and fitting, and then only wear it during a relatively short time at the ceremony and for pictures.   Some bridal associated businesses must be makihng out like bandits.

Edited by ichbin
spelling
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

You hit it on the head!!  Music can't be too soft (Can't hear it!) too loud (could not talk!)  The weather is too chilly outside or it too hot in Florida or Arizona.  Too little flowers in the church or wait....bride spent too much on the flowers in the church.

I have said it before but it REALLY irks me when anyone is critical of the religious service.  That is their religion, it is very personal to them, so shut it.

Guest brides who complain about too much food at a reception always gets me, too:  You are a person, who was NOT ON THE INVITE LIST a few months ago, you are up for a free honeymoon and you are bitching about being fed?

I disagree I think some criticism is valid. For example their was an Orthodox Jewish bride and some of the guests had no idea what was going on. Also sometimes their isn't enough food to feed the guests like Julie who only had sweets at her reception.

2 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

I disagree I think some criticism is valid. For example their was an Orthodox Jewish bride and some of the guests had no idea what was going on. Also sometimes their isn't enough food to feed the guests like Julie who only had sweets at her reception.

I agree with you - perhaps I should have been more clear.  To be a bit confused on what is going on?  Valid.  It is when they complain it is too long, the cantor can't sing too well or the Catholic ceremony is too much priest talking.  Or say during a Greek ceremony:  "What?  There are no vows?  THAT"S WEIRD!!!"  Those things are rude.  To complain the church is not decorated to the bride's theme?  Often churches won't let you decorate too much  ANd Julie should have served food at her reception, even appetizers.  I hope she told people that there was not food!!!  I doubt it as they ordered pizza.  I am glad they ate it outside though!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am catching what I believe (IMDB source) to be the very first episode ever.  he voiceover is a different man and they way they introduced the brides was different as well.   One of the brides featured got married at Belmont race track and the judge was two hours late.  I was very surprised at how mean and critical the brides were about each other.  I mean, the brides are anyways, but these ladies were rough!  One girl, Nic was accused by another bride of changing her whole wedding to get a better score and trying to win.  Apparently she said she was "non girly" and was having no attendants, and then had three bridesmaids and everything was "girly" and quite fancy!!  Not sure if someone would/could change that much so soon before the wedding but it just came out as odd.  There was a Greek Orthodox bride so queue the "I don't know what they are saying and the ceremony in so long" dialogue!!  One woman checked her cell phone during the Greek ceremony.  Rude!  

$70,000 bride won......shocker!!!

Just watched this.  Bitchiness for sure as well as a more obvious sense of competition.  Cell phone bride considered herself to be oh so classy too, as was also demonstrated by her accounting of how much one of the brides spent on various aspects of her wedding.. But she "wasn't being critical" about all her negative critiques, just observant., LOL.  The Belmont bride had an awful lot to complain about too.   I'd like to think their attitudes landed them in 3rd and 4th place.  The Greek wedding girl actually seemed the nicest of the bunch so I was glad to see her win.  Plus she had her reception overlooking the old New York World Fair grounds which brings back some nice old memories.  

• Love 1

I just watched where Lisa got married and dropped $150,000.  Yes you are reading that correctly.  She won but she deserved to win as the other brides did not measure up in areas like not having enough places to sit, having seats for family only at the ceremony, (really?) and one other bride had a very odd looking dress.  Plus the winning bride gave much thanks and praise to her groom as he paid for the whole thing.  

My one pick on Lisa - she wanted a dress code, black tie affair, fine.  SO here comes her son walking her down the aisle and his hair is in eyes it was so long!!!  Comb it, cut it....something!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I just watched where Lisa got married and dropped $150,000.  Yes you are reading that correctly.  She won but she deserved to win as the other brides did not measure up in areas like not having enough places to sit, having seats for family only at the ceremony, (really?) and one other bride had a very odd looking dress.  Plus the winning bride gave much thanks and praise to her groom as he paid for the whole thing.  

My one pick on Lisa - she wanted a dress code, black tie affair, fine.  SO here comes her son walking her down the aisle and his hair is in eyes it was so long!!!  Comb it, cut it....something!!

She did seem to deserve the win.  I wasn't crazy about the bubble guy and mannequins, but aside from that at least all that money resulted in a good event including venue, food,etc. (in contrast to Dracula bride who spent a similar amount).   The view outside of the ceremony space looked really nice.  The brunch wedding did seem a bit early.  Like the other brides there, I did like seeing the bride come up to toast the guests at each table.  The last two weddings I attended the brides were the daughters of friends.  Neither bride took the time to work the room and just partied with their friends the entire time.  I didn't expect a long visit and conversation by any means, but few seconds or a minute as a simple acknowledgement of the other guests presence there would have been appreciated, particularly since I am quite sure a number of those ignored tables totaled up to a significant amount of cash as wedding gifts well beyond the cost of the meals/drinks provided. 

There definitely seems to be a disconnect in some planning.  Limited seating during the cocktail hour is a recurrent theme on this show.  If I knew there would be insufficient seating, I would make sure that the food served would be appropriate to that situation, i.e. stick foods that don't require plates, utensils, and cutting.  I can't remember if it was this episode or the other one that was broadcast today where one bride's cocktail hour had a table of vegetables just spread directly on the tablecloth.  That looked a really unappetizing mess. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

She did seem to deserve the win.  I wasn't crazy about the bubble guy and mannequins, but aside from that at least all that money resulted in a good event including venue, food,etc. (in contrast to Dracula bride who spent a similar amount).  

I agree - Dracula bride spent $160,000 (I think) and it was not as nice.  Lisa did deserve the win.  That wedding was very nice.  I did not care for the mannequins or the bubble guy either, she really did not need them.  The reception site had gorgeous views and beautiful tables, that was enough.

You are right, there does seem to be a rash of cocktail hour issue with limited seating.  Do they not count the people up beforehand?  It is not as though an extra six people showed and there are not enough chairs, there are A LOT of people standing!!

1 hour ago, ichbin said:

The last two weddings I attended the brides were the daughters of friends.  Neither bride took the time to work the room and just partied with their friends the entire time.

This has happened to me as well - twentysomething brides and grooms who were bent on dancing and drinking with their friends from work or college and not greeting other guests.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Just had "...and a swamp buggy" on in the background. It's the one with the (non-Asian) bride who had an "Asian" themed ceremony. She had rickshaws to transport the guest brides, servers dressed in kimonos (I think they were evoking geishas) at cocktail hour, and a Chinese food buffet. It just struck me as really really racially tone-deaf.

Edited by jcbrown

That one was kind of amusing. The singer bride really thought she had it because she was the big evening reception party, but the afternoon reception candy bride won. Singer bride was a sore loser as well.

The Asian theme for a non-Asian couple was strange; the other brides seemed confused about it as well.

The swamp buggy wedding had all kinds of 'critters' to eat, as the groom said LOL. I thought the canon shooting, or whatever it was, was obnoxious. The bride made sure the audience knew she was a 'country girl' since she stated it ad nauseam.

(edited)

"... and a Snow Machine" repeat today.  The harpies during the wedding weren't going to be impressed with anything less than a live action Frozen.  Nothing was good enough for them, but they weren't too stingy with points. The crafty bride did seem to have done a good job with with all her details but I have to wonder if that large jewel bellybutton on her gown was something she added herself.  Not sure what she was hoping to convey with that coat.  It looked a little Flinstonesesque with those striped fur squares.  Surpised that the classy bride lost to the Greek wedding.  I wouldn't have been happy about having to travel 1.5 hours to get get from the ceremony to the reception.   Bless her heart, the one who was inexperienced with the whole wedding thing, and had spent considerably less than the others, actually thought she had a chance.  Overall they were a picky bunch though which makes me suspect that they were probably "guided" into that mode by production. 

"...and a Swamp Buggy".   Country bride hit it out of the park in those categories that are nitpicked in so many episodes.  It was far from"typical" and had a lot of" original touches".  I would love to have heard the tall bride telling her friends about the experience afterward.  You could tell from the look on her face when she saw the groom in his jeans and camo shirt that she thought she had entered an alternate dimension.  I thought it looked like a good time though.  Have to say, considering her own personalized choices, it was hard to believe  country bride had the nerve to negatively comment on the music industry groom rapping during the ceremony.  The Asian theme wedding dipped a toe off the stereotype tightrope several times, particularly with the cycle trishaw and driver in a Chinese pajama suit.   Kind of surprised that the brunch/candy wedding won.  

Edited by ichbin
spelling
(edited)

Biggest Bitch Ever Award on this show:  Danielle from Florida.  Princess theme (shocker there) and everything HAD! TO! BE! PERFECT!  She friggin' corrected her fiance on camera that they had been dating eight months when he proposed, not six.  Like who the hell cares?  One bride Keisha is a total sweetie who had a 7:30am wedding and got married in an aqua dress.  Danielle would NOT shut her yapper about that.  Then Keisha ate breakfast with a white dress w/ her guests, then the ceremony.  Different yes, but hey it is HER day.  Danielle was not having it!!!  Keisha also spent "only" $12,500 so doubt she will win.

Edited to add:  Dammit!!  That shrew Danielle came in first and was rewarded with a trip to South Africa!!!  The three other brides had NOTHING nice to say about her, either.  Even sweet Keisha, who came in fourth, was like, "Oh well!"  Danielle was only 22/23 so I wonder how she became so mean, so young.  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 1
(edited)

OH yes, Mrs. Hanson, that was a classic. Danielle was horrible. Keisha had no chance of winning, but she was such a sweetheart & SO happy on her day. Danielle looked ridiculous mouthing something weird while she was marrying so she didn't cry. She would've been better off crying to show she had some human emotion.

And she was pretty nasty about the trip she won - did you see her face at the end? It was like wtf, South Africa??  She probably wanted Hawaii or something. Totally ungrateful.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
(edited)
36 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

OH yes, Mrs. Hanson, that was a classic. Danielle was horrible. Keisha had no chance of winning, but she was such a sweetheart & SO happy on her day. Danielle looked ridiculous mouthing something weird while she was marrying so she didn't cry. She would've been better off crying to show she had some human emotion.

And she was pretty nasty about the trip she won - did you see her face at the end? It was like wtf, South Africa??  She probably wanted Hawaii or something. Totally ungrateful.

South Africa!!!  Some brides go to Cabo - great but if you live in Phoenix that is not much a trip!!  (I sound like Danielle)  But Keisha was my favorite so far.  Yes her wedding lacked a certain flow, like why have everyone show up at 7:30 then NOT have the ceremony until noon?  The one bride would not stop yammering about wanting a Mimosa.  Really?  You gotta drink at 7:30AM?  Yikes.  

I bet she is a real doozy to live with!  "No, you load the dishwasher THIS WAY!  Not THAT way......"  Danielle had no emotion,  I "hate watch" this show and she is the worst.  And this show has had some really mean girls.  Loved Keisha's dress but then again I love aqua.  The other girls were very vocal that Danielle was looking for something to be critical at every wedding and pretty much found it!  I bet her dad was very ready to get her down that aisle!!!  LOL!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Biggest Bitch Ever Award on this show:  Danielle from Florida.  

She totally overshadowed Ruby,  one of my favorite bitchy brides from the episode shown before this one today,  she of "...as long as Jessica didn't win..." fame  (and who was also over an hour late for her own ceremony, but had the nerve to complain that Jessica's cocktail hour was too long).   If Danielle is like that in her regular day to day life (which I suspect she is), I'm not sure how she would manage to get through life without regularly being slapped by any number of people out of sheer annoyance.  Isn't it wonderful that the show was able to capture for posterity just how stupid she looked chanting nonsense during her ceremony?   Hated to see her win because of her behavior, but I have to admit that she seemed to have one of the more successful events.  I thought Tonya had a good shot too.  Keshia and Emilee both had time issues, one being too early and one being too late.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

She totally overshadowed Ruby,  one of my favorite bitchy brides from the episode shown before this one today,  she of "...as long as Jessica didn't win..." fame  (and who was also over an hour late for her own ceremony, but had the nerve to complain that Jessica's cocktail hour was too long).

I caught the tail of Ruby!!  What did Jessica do to her?  Didn't Ruby wear super high heels then bitch about having to.....you know....walk?

1 hour ago, ichbin said:

Isn't it wonderful that the show was able to capture for posterity just how stupid she looked chanting nonsense during her ceremony?

You have to believe that she was a piece of work to the production staff - they really caught every bitchy thing she said, not that she did not give them plenty of ammunition.  Yes Danille had a nicely executed wedding but I am not into a precision drill team wedding.  I am for promptness but.....c'mon! 

• Love 1