Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Live and Let Dough

For the skill drill challenge, the celebrities must execute a simple recipe that is missing some key words. Then, for their main challenge, the remaining recruits must cook complicated pasta dishes for special guests and former Worst Cooks contestants Jenni "Jwoww" Farley and Kendra Wilkinson. The celebrities with the best dishes head to the finale.

Oh, good.  I was hoping we'd get to see Jwow and Kendra again.  [SARCASM]

I agreed with Loni Love:  "You can't switch out Rachel Ray with Kendra!"  But blurting out her dismay was pretty funny.

Learning to make fresh pasta isn't as extreme as some of the other techniques they've had to tackle, but I know a lot of chefs on the more serious cooking shows say that using dried pasta is perfectly fine.  They'll frown at you on Top Chef for skipping steps, but no one ever says the dish is ruined by pre-fab pasta.  I think they'd get more out of learning to make a roux.

(I don't know why I care so much that the "Worst Cooks" get home with a bunch of practical skills they can use to make tasty dishes for their friends and family.  Maybe because I moved from a big city to the 'wilderness' and was surprised to discover I didn't know nearly as much about cooking as I thought.  It took awhile to master the basic roasts and sauces well enough to start getting creative.)

I was surprised Rachel picked Loni instead of John.  Usually it's easy to guess who's going and who's staying and I had my money on Production picking Nicole and John.  Well, okay, then!

• Love 1

Mike and John were my favorites so I was sorry to see both of them leave at once.  I really think Mike and Nicole should have been the final two even though they were on the same team.  As much as I liked John, he was pretty scattered so maybe Loni got picked by default.  I can't think of anything she did to recommend herself.  

Having Kendra and Jwow or whatever her stupid name is come back was pointless leaning to counter-productive.  They were both highly annoying and neither contributed a thing to the show.  Rachael was just as bad.

• Love 3

Not a fan of either JWow or Kendra, but I don't remember them being half as annoying and useless in their season as they were on this episode.

John had to go after completely screwing up his ingredients - forgetting to add them to the filling, looking at them like "where did these come from", and then putting them in the Mornay.  It might have balanced out somewhat flavorwise, but he came across as totally clueless.

Not feeling it for either finalist, but Anne's (forget her name) candidate seems marginally more with it.

• Love 1

Color me surprised.  I was certain of a Sitch/John showdown for the finale with another for Anne's team.  Rachael really didn't have much of a choice.

What the fresh hell bringing JWow and Kendra back?  Kendra was completely useless. At least Jennie (is that Wow's name?) was sort of helpful but she more or less ignored Nicole -- which was probably a good thing -- in hindsight.

I see another easy win for Anne.

• Love 4

I just could not believe Rachael chose Loni's partially-raw ravioli filling over Tommy's otherwise perfect pasta, where the only mistake was that he put the herbs in the sauce (versus filling), and which all admitted still tasted exactly the same.