Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Jenna Johnson

• Start Topic

ABOUT Dance troupe dancer on seasons 18, 19, and 20 of Dancing with the Stars who was a competitor on the 10th season of So You Think You Can Dance. BEFORE FAME Starting at the age of 3, she trained in ballroom, ballet, jazz, contemporary, and hip hop.

-so-you-think-you-ca.jpg

• Love 2

I know many don't like her, and she's certainly mugging too much and too focused on the camera. But I wouldn't mind if she got another chance as a pro next season or later on. Jake didn't have much potential and though she may have made mistakes as well, perhaps she learned from this. Other pros like Peta or Keo or so got second chances after an unimpressive first season as well.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, katha said:

I know many don't like her, and she's certainly mugging too much and too focused on the camera. But I wouldn't mind if she got another chance as a pro next season or later on. Jake didn't have much potential and though she may have made mistakes as well, perhaps she learned from this. Other pros like Peta or Keo or so got second chances after an unimpressive first season as well.

I would like for her to be a pro next season too. I remember Witney in her SYTYCD days and I thought she camera-mugged too much too, but I think she improved with that through a few seasons of being a pro. I actually think Jenna's improved a bit with that from partnering James (and working very closely with Sharna, I guess).

• Love 1

I hate the desperate mugging and the even more desperate shoving herself next to the Mic when she was subbing in for a pro. Gracious subs at the time did the opposite and would step aside to let the pro stand next to their partner and the mic to be interviewed. Not this girl. Rubs me the wrong way. She seems like a hyperambitious fameseeker, common with her social media first generation. 

I wish someone else got Adam like Lindsay. 

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Thadeeeyus said:

Has Jenna been with Adam on tour?  I've seen pics of Alan in group Stars on Ice photos, but I haven't noticed any with Jenna.  But I also haven't been actively looking.

Not sure.

I noticed Nicole Volynets posted a pic with Val & Jenna in NYC but that was a day or two ago, so.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Thadeeeyus said:

Has Jenna been with Adam on tour?  I've seen pics of Alan in group Stars on Ice photos, but I haven't noticed any with Jenna.  But I also haven't been actively looking.

I don’t think she has. They practiced in New York on Friday, and I think they might have still been there on Saturday morning. Adam then joined up with the Stars on Ice in Providence, RI and Jenna didn’t appear in any further videos. I did see a video of Adam helping Alan onto the ice, they were joking they were new partners.  I’m waiting to see where Adam and Jenna next turn up.  Adam has an appearance in Washington, DC this week and 7 more ice shows before the DWTS premiere.

• Love 2

Jenna appears to be in DC now.  At least per her own social media. I have a feeling she stayed in NYC on Saturday night because the Cbros tour show was at Radio City Saturday night and I assume she wanted to be there for that.

Finally some rehearsal footage of Jenna and Adam actually dancing : http://www.etonline.com/how-adam-rippon-plans-to-channel-val-chermkovskiy-for-dwts-exclusive-100984

It seems they've been in NYC for a couple of days now because of the Time 100 gala that Adam attended. Val has visited their rehearsals and has been helping them in some capacity, but it isn't clear to me whether he's done some choreo for them, too, or whether that's all Jenna.

ETA: This is a cute little vid...  https://twitter.com/Dance10Jenna/status/988603683071053824

Edited by neem
  • Love 1

Oh what a surprise...Val even when he's not on a season never leaves and will still have his face all over the show.

Like I get it's to Adam's benefit to have Val all over his press and news stories cause Val has fans and all that, but in some regard I would think Jenna's fans would want him to step back so this can be her experience and she can make a name for herself as a pro in her own right and not just continually be viewed as Val's less famous girlfriend (in the eyes of DWTS anyway).  Like take a step back and not make it about you man.  You can support from the sidelines like every other pro/significant other.  You don't need to physically be in the rehearsals and part of the press.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jenna & Adam did an interview for Access (well, the first half was just Adam) and Jenna explained pretty well why somebody who's spent their life gliding on ice wearing stiff skating boots, and has no previous dance training, faces certain challenges when it comes to learning to execute dance steps properly. I just wish more people would get that skating and dancing are actually two separate skill sets (although there's some overlap of course) and that the muscle memory gained from doing skating moves doesn't directly translate into doing cha cha steps on the floor. There's some serious teaching/learning involved... and judging from their first dance, she's done a good job teaching him. She deserves credit for that.

Edited by neem
fixed link
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, neem said:

Jenna & Adam did an interview for Access (well, the first half was just Adam) and Jenna explained pretty well why somebody who's spent their life gliding on ice wearing stiff skating boots, and has no previous dance training, faces certain challenges when it comes to learning to execute dance steps properly. I just wish more people would get that skating and dancing are actually two separate skill sets (although there's some overlap of course) and that the muscle memory gained from doing skating moves doesn't directly translate into doing cha cha steps on the floor. There's some serious teaching/learning involved... and judging from their first dance, she's done a good job teaching him. She deserves credit for that.

I get it, but it's not like in this group anybody else is coming in with a specific advantage either so I'm not really going to be all poor Adam in that sense when he does come in with a sense of 1) learning choreo and 2) obvious performance ability.  Do I think he is the ringeriest ringer ever?  Of course not.  Not even close.  But we're not in a season with any Jordan Fishers with super obvious dance training, so here we are.  He might not have it that much easier, but he certainly doesn't have it harder.

• Love 1

Adam (and Mirai and Tonya) are in a sport that involves learning routines, which is not the case for the other sports represented. But I would imagine that footwork would be the most challenging for skaters learning how to dance.