Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E28: Prizes, Perks, & Power

• Start Topic

Someone posted a pic here of adult Paul where he was tat-less so I wondered if he got the hot mess we see as part of his BB persona or something.  He probably paid a lot but all I see is his pink left nipple popping out of all that black.  I doubt that was his intent.

What stood out to me about Natalie's look is the thick, spider-looking eyelashes but honestly all three girls seemed to have them, to some degree.  Sometimes my tv shows too much detail.  It looked like she had about 8 giant lash-clumps above and below each eye.  

1 hour ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

What stood out to me about Natalie's look is the thick, spider-looking eyelashes but honestly all three girls seemed to have them, to some degree.  Sometimes my tv shows too much detail.  It looked like she had about 8 giant lash-clumps above and below each eye.  

As someone with a spider phobia, I often fight the urge to smack female HGs in the eye to try to kill me some fake eyelashes. They creep me out.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

He probably paid a lot but all I see is his pink left nipple popping out of all that black.  I doubt that was his intent.

True, but sometimes the only way to hide a bad or embarrassing tattoo is to drown it in lots more ink.

15 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

I figured the opposite; they got him cheap because his fan base was falling off and he (or his agent) was looking for exposure.

I'd about bet money TPTB had to re-shoot the first take of the HGs' reactions to the name "Ziggy Marley"; I envision a lot of blank stares....  :>

I got a chuckle out of Nicole wishing she was sober when they started the games. I suspect the HG's were plied with alcohol to keep the number of dunkings down.

I'd double down on THAT bet as well.

In a random moment of boredom, I noticed that Paul's chest tat screamed "coverup". Anybody know what he used to have? I don't get the feeds or BBAD, so if he's mentioned it I haven't seen it.

IIRC Paulie discussed the tattoo early in the season, and his chest was (tattoo-wise) virgin territory until VERY shortly before entering the House - like, 2-3 weeks before going in.  Paul was fussing about not being able to get in the pool the first week or two;  Extended immersion in chlorinated water definitely NOT recommended for still-healing tattoos.

BTW - a tattoo which looks like a cover-up when it ISN'T...?  Definite mark of a not-so-good tattoo artist.

• Love 1

Why would they want to keep the number of dunkings down?  I would think the opposite.  Seeing people miss a dunk tank target isn't very good tv.  

20 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Why would they want to keep the number of dunkings down?  I would think the opposite.  Seeing people miss a dunk tank target isn't very good tv.  

It could have been part of getting Mr. Pecs in the booth. If everyone struck out, they would have just given the HG's more turns, perhaps standing closer, until they got some footage of a dunking. I suspect that's what actually happened. Otherwise, it's likely he would have gone into the water sooner and we would have seen him sitting there wet through more throws. They juggled the order of the HG's and their throws to end on a high note.

17 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

True, but sometimes the only way to hide a bad or embarrassing tattoo is to drown it in lots more ink.

If that's the original tattoo, I still haven't been able to figure out what it is - my guess is a gigantic black eagle flying through a black sky.  I think I see the outline of feathers on one side, but beyond that, it just looks...black.

19 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If that's the original tattoo, I still haven't been able to figure out what it is - my guess is a gigantic black eagle flying through a black sky.  I think I see the outline of feathers on one side, but beyond that, it just looks...black.

Yeah, it's some kind of eagle motif.  The tattoo artist was trying to get fancy with the shading gradients, but the scale overstepped his/her smooth shading skill.  The shadings get too dark too fast so that by the time s/he got to the heavy edge of the gradient, all the detail at the gradient border had to be HEAVY dark to match.

In truth, I feel for Paul; the tattoo is barely legible NOW, and in 8 or 10 years it's going to be an amorphous blotchy black mess.  Anybody who can make a lucky guess on the original image will be asking Paul why he got a big-ass tattoo of Cancer Eagle on his chest.