Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Spoiler Speculations

• Start Topic

Trystane audition and text:

Trystane: I’m going to ask him. Tomorrow.
Myrcella: What if he says no?
Trystane: He won’t. We waited long enough. I want you to be my wife. What is it?
Myrcella: My mother never loved my father. She was forced to marry him, but she did her duty. Do you want to marry me because it’s expected of you? Or do you… We can’t! People will see!
Trystane: Meet me later.
Myrcella: Trystane…
Trystane: Please. I know a very secluded spot that is particularly beautiful in the late afternoon sun. You really should see it.
  • Love 1

I hope that's not in the script.  It sounds so corny.

It's only corny if they both mean it.

It's actually kind of cruel if Trystane is doing it to secure the marriage before executing his secret plan to crown her Queen.

Remember that Myrcella is around 16 (I think?), she'd probably fall for the sweet lines Trystane is spouting.

Maybe it's corny because Trystane is being insincere, trying to get Myrcella away from her guards so that the Sand Snakes can crown her. He seems like a decent kid based on what little there is in the books, but my first impression of the audition was that Show Trystane was playing Myrcella.

A possible spoiler from a WIC poster in the comments to the article:

I know somebody who read for Tyene, and her scene was with Obara, Nym (I think) and BRONN. It was in the place where the older Snakes are imprisoned, so Bronn also makes it to Dorne.

If I recall the scene correctly, Bronn has fought Tyene. Bronn has been injured and poisoned, and Tyene is taunting him with the antidote and generally taking her clothes off.

As far as our sellsword friend goes, he gets his antidote after Tyene makes him say that she’s the most beautiful woman in the world. I think he’d been dissing Dornish women or something, which personally I know better than to do.

Tyene taking her clothes off sounds like something GOT would do.

This is the show that managed make Robb's marriage generally schmoopy and cornier than his book counterpart's rather insincere cornball line about him taking her castle while she stole his heart. Not that that means Tyrstane must be sincere, but I don't think too much corniness is an obstacle for this show.

The Tyene audition certainly sounds dumb enough to be true.

Wait, what? Is she talking about the filming of the riot scene where she's nearly gang raped?

I guess my mind is officially blown for the day. How does that make any sense? A beautiful ballet? What is wrong with people?

:

Tracklisting:
1. Main Titles - 00:00-0:30
2. The Rains Of Castamere - Sigur Rós - 00:30-1:00
3. Breaker Of Chains - 1:00-1:30
4. Watchers On The Wall - 1:30-2:00
5. I’m Sorry For Today - 2:00-2:30
6. Thenns - 2:30-3:00
7. Mereen - 3:00-3:30
8. First Of His Name - 3:30-4:00
9. The Biggest Fire The North Has Ever Seen - 4:00-4:30
10. Three Eyed Raven - 4:30-5:00
11. Two Swords - 5:00-5:30
12. Oathkeeper - 5:30-6:00
13. You Are No Son Of Mine - 6:00-6:30
14. The North Remembers - 6:30-7:00
15. Let’s Kill Some Crows - 7:00-7:30
16. Craster’s Keep - 7:30-8:00
17. The Real North - 8:00-8:30
18. Forgive Me - 8:30-9:00
19. He Is Lost - 9:00-9:30
20. I Only See What Matters - 9:30-10:00
21. Take Charge Of Your Life 10:00-10:30
22. The Children - 10:30-11:00

"You are no son of mine" is such an accurate response to the show's Saint Tyrion.

Apparently there was a Tyene audition video (now "permission denied") that confirmed the earlier WIC comments. Transcript:

Tyene: He has a good voice.
Obara: He's a singer, if he was a fighter we might've been in trouble.
Bronn: It's against my code to hurt women.
Obara: It's amazing how many men we beat seem to have this code.
Bronn: I wouldn't say you beat me.
Tyene: And how is your arm?
Bronn: Wonderful. Wouldn't feel right to leave Dorne without a new scar.
Obara: You think you're leaving Dorne?
Bronn: No great hurry. Dornish women are the most beautiful in the world.
Tyene: Thank you.
Bronn: I said Dornish women, I didn't say you.
Tyene: I'm not the most beautiful woman you have ever seen?
Bronn: I've seen quite a few women in all the Seven Kingdoms.
Tyene: Tell me one woman more beautiful than I am.
Bronn: Well, now in King's Landing there was an absolute...
Tyene: There was a what? In King's Landing you were saying...
Bronn: Was I?
Tyene: ...there is a woman more beautiful than I am.
Bronn: Was there? My memory's not what it was earlier.
Tyene: And how is your arm now.
Bronn: You seem concerned with it. You must really like me.
Tyene: And how is your head?
Bronn: My head? You don't even want to know what's going on in there.
Tyene: What was that, are you sure you're feeling alright?
Bronn: Sure, a bit woozy but that's to be expected after a good dust-up.
Tyene: Your nose is bleeding.
Bronn: It's not it's the dry air.
Tyene: My dagger was coated with a special ointment from Asshai. It's called the Long Farewell. It can take some time to work some times several days. But if one single drop makes contact with the skin...death.
Tyene: The only antidote. Who is the most beautiful woman in the world? Who? Who, sorry?
Bronn: You.
She takes whatever the antidote it is from or off of her necklace and gives it to him.
Tyene: Don't drop it. I think you're very handsome as well.
She blows him a kiss and laughs.

The reason, I suspect that Bronn and Jaime are in fact going to Dorne, is to help better integrate the new Dornish plots into the show.  One problem for the books was that suddenly out of nowhere we were in this completely new locale with a whole host of new characters and it was a bit jarring especially since it took a while for us to see how it all connected with the ongoing story plots we cared about.

Just speculation, but the Mountain's skull is brought to Dorne in the books by a character who I remember as Random Kingsguard Guy. I don't remember him much and I believe he got himself killed so quickly that he left no lasting impression. Or maybe that was the other Kingsguard guy. You see the problem? These were chapters wasted on people whose names I couldn't be bothered to remember and I didn't care whether they lived or died. Even reading Dorne I was like, "who cares? What's Jaime up to these days?" It would make sense to give this job to Jaime instead. You could have Random Kingsguard Dude #1 killed in the first five minutes of next season, and Jaime as Lord Commander there to investigate. We already know that Bronn will be replacing Illyn Payne as Jaime's companion, because legendary punk rock guitarist Wilko Johnson, who played Payne, is too ill to act anymore. I guess they could do a Daario, but using Bronn is a better choice, because listening to Jaime monologue to a mute would not be as much fun as witty banter with a blackhearted rogue.

• Love 1

I just want to comment on the wildfire. At one point someone mentions that it seems to be more powerful now than it used to be. That's part of my evidence for my theory the the planet has an erratic energy cycle as well as an erratic seasonal cycle. So while today, the horde of pots of the stuff is like having badly stored gasoline everywhere, 20 years ago the laws of physics were different and it was more like having cooking oil stored everywhere-- still dangerous but not critically so.