Type keyword(s) to search

In Memory of JT: Which Degrassi Characters Got The Worst Treatment?

We've seen many Degrassi characters come and go, from Chris random boyfriend Emma had to Kendra, Spinner's disappearing sister.  But who got the worst treatment?  Was it JT, stabbed in his own pee?  Or Toby, disappeared completely?  Or Dave, boyfriend to Alli till Dallas then vanished?  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Blue Chessex. He was the only decent-looking guy around during his tenure on the show and was completely wasted by being Holly J's boyfriend. 

I'm still convinced that he was Holly J's imaginary friend, only existing as her subconscious for her to deal with her family being broke.  

Remember Mia's baby daddy?  Showed up and just vanished.   Also, Alex.  Graduated high school, was going to college and then becomes a drug addict stripper dumped by Paige, off into the night like Marco's pet bunny.  

• Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 5:49 PM, meatball77 said:

Whatever happened to Jenna's babydaddy?

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:26 PM, Scarlett45 said:

He ended up moving with his Mom because his Dad had gotten out of jail and was harassing them. 

He's one of the few that actually got a proper sendoff and didn't disappear into the night.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:54 PM, absnow54 said:

Wesley Betenkamp and his poor boner.

I loved Wesley!  I still crack myself up thinking about when he went on the date with Anya (I think) and he was having the fantasy of her coming on to him.  I really wanted to see where they would take his character. 

My vote, though, is for Harry, the random dude Maya hooked up with after Cam died.  He wasn't a main character or anything, but he totally should have been.  I thought that kid was hilarious, and they definitely needed another pothead/hippie type to fill the void left by Jake.  Also, he was hot.

Wesley and Dave were the worst I think, because they were characters the writers actually took the time to develop, give a number of storylines to, and then they just disappeared without a word. Dave was even at Adam's funeral and they didn't bother to throw in a line about where he would be that year.

Ashley wasn't the worst but I feel like she should be mentioned because I thought her ending sucked too. Going on tour with Craig would've been a good ending for her if she weren't this close from graduating Degrassi. It just felt like they were getting her out of the way to do the Jimmy/Trina storyline.

Edited by love21
  • Love 3
On 11/20/2016 at 11:33 PM, love21 said:

Wesley and Dave were the worst I think, because they were characters the writers actually took the time to develop, give a number of storylines to, and then they just disappeared without a word. Dave was even at Adam's funeral and they didn't bother to throw in a line about where he would be that year.

Ashley wasn't the worst but I feel like she should be mentioned because I thought her ending sucked too. Going on tour with Craig would've been a good ending for her if she weren't this close from graduating Degrassi. It just felt like they were getting her out of the way to do the Jimmy/Trina storyline.

I never got why Ashley was so sidelined after her first two seasons of the show. She really was pretty damn good when they gave her good material. But it's like they didn't know what to do with her after Jimmy learned a very important lesson that you can't force a girlfriend to be something she's not.

Shouldn't Jack be old enough to be at Degrassi yet, even with the wacky timeline? Is the wackiness of the timeline the reason why they didn't bring back Angela but did bring back the actress? Or did they just not want to deal with needing to have Joey come back if they brought back Angela? It sounds like the character of Tori was a wash, anyway.

It would be super-weird if Jack doesn't show up eventually as a student.

• Love 2