Type keyword(s) to search

Rectify Cast In Other Media

Aden Young stars in the main role of the movie The Unseen, which just had its first screening at Fantasia Film Festival and is currently seeking distribution.

The Unseen is a modern take on the Invisible Man concept, with a man suffering from a disease which is slowly turning him invisible as a parallel to his marginalization in society. Aden has received lots of praise for his performance in the role.

CnnPDbvVUAEXKkh.jpg:large

Running time: 104 minutes

Starring Aden Young, Camille Sullivan, Julia Sarah Stone

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4667084/

• Love 2

Clayne Crawford (aka our own Teddy Talbot!) is going to be in a new tv show in the fall. They are making a television show based on the old Lethal Weapon movie. If I remember correctly, the other lead part will be played by Damon Wayans. 

• Love 1

Nobody's watching Timeless, with Abigail Spencer?

OK, it's network gruel, and not Rectify. I can't really come up with an argument in favor of watching it, even though I like her as Amantha, and she's not terrible in Timeless.

I couldn't get through the first episode of Lethal Weapon. That show is truly the anti-Rectify. We've been re-watching Justified, and Clayne Crawford is in a Season 3 (maybe S2) episode with Maggie Lawson from Psych where he has long hair and is harvesting human organs for sale. I totally didn't recognize him, but my husband got him right away. The voice should have been a giveaway.

Edited by lmiller42
Clayne Crawford sightings
On 7/24/2016 at 3:43 AM, Kathemy said:

Aden Young stars in the main role of the movie The Unseen, which just had its first screening at Fantasia Film Festival and is currently seeking distribution.

That sounds really interesting to me.

I've heard good things about Timeless. I might enjoy it, but something has to be really different (or funny) to get me to watch because my viewing schedule is so full.

17 hours ago, lmiller42 said:

Nobody's watching Timeless, with Abigail Spencer?

OK, it's network gruel, and not Rectify. I can't really come up with an argument in favor of watching it, even though I like her as Amantha, and she's not terrible in Timeless.

I couldn't get through the first episode of Lethal Weapon.

I've been enjoying both Timeless and Lethal Weapon... particularly CC in Lethal Weapon.

• Love 1
On 2/27/2017 at 2:01 PM, Mrs Shibbles said:

J. Smith-Cameron (Janet) is married to Kenneth Lonergan.  When he was giving his acceptance speech for Manchester by the Sea, the camera panned to her and I was taken out of the moment (hey! It's Janet!).   

That was an awesome moment! I wouldn't have even noticed that it was her, but my husband screamed "JANET!"

• Love 1

I looked up Adelaide Clemmon in IMDB last night (after a rewatch of episode 1 of Parades End) and am happy to report that she has major roles in 3 movies in "post-production" ... looks like she took a solid year off and is back on the boards.  She's so good in Parade's End (as is Cumberbach and the chemistry between them is so subtle and clever) I'm glad to know that she's heading back into the limelight again.  

• Love 3
On 2017-07-10 at 7:32 AM, SusanSunflower said:

I looked up Adelaide Clemens in IMDB last night (after a rewatch of episode 1 of Parades End) and am happy to report that she has major roles in 3 movies in "post-production" ... looks like she took a solid year off and is back on the boards.  She's so good in Parade's End (as is Cumberbach and the chemistry between them is so subtle and clever) I'm glad to know that she's heading back into the limelight again.  

Yes, I wrote a review on Parade's End a while ago. I thought it was a fantastic miniseries, and I also thought some reviewers sold her performance short (while none said she was bad, they didn't seem to appreciate it as much as I did.)

• Love 1

Valentine (like Christoper Tietjens) is a difficult character and apparently "in the book" Valentine is a recognized "best Latinist" of her time ... while she is so often shown as a minor figure within her own society, overshadowed by her mother, and McMasters and Wife. Clemmons  appears almost unknowing but its gradually come to me that she (like CT) is deliberately "thinking the best of people" .. not holding grudges, not gossiping, etc.  While their world is full of malicous gossipers who have already decided NOT ONLY are she and Christopher lovers but there's a baby ... and they haven't even kiss or likely held hands. 

I tried to read the book and found it impenetrable ... watching the miniseries, I realized that there's a lot of droll humor (a la Vanity Fair) and cynical contrast between appearances  reality .. Off-topic, I know, When McMasters and new wife snub Tietjen's (because he had fallen "so low" with that mistress and bastard child) felt like a stab in the heart ... 

(edited)

Fox and producers are scrambling to save Lethal Weapon.

Multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that troubled star Clayne Crawford has been fired from the Fox procedural as studio Warner Bros. Television has been scrambling to find an actor to replace him.

Crawford has come under fire of late for his bad behavior on the set of the Damon Wayans drama. The actor recently apologized for two incidents for which he was reprimanded during the sophomore season.  

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/lethal-weapon-star-clayne-crawford-out-as-producers-scramble-to-recast/ar-AAwYksf

Edited by suomi